1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • 'Aliens' SFAM competition entry (CryEngine 2)

    • Minos
    • April 22, 2009 at 3:05 AM

    Your scene looks a lot better than coridium's btw...

  • Half-Life 2: Raindrop

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    very cool =). Abit too much russian style photos-slapped-on-models though, looks good in screenshots but pretty bad when your running around.

    Just like Paranoia and STALKER =)

    Creating games the russian way...

  • Terminator Salvation

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM

    New gameplay footage, looks pretty sweet =)

    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/20/termi ... -gameplay/

    /me pets grin

  • Half-Life 2: Raindrop

    • Minos
    • April 21, 2009 at 1:11 AM

    Decadence looks better imo

    But yeah cool stuff~

  • DM-Haze (UT3)

    • Minos
    • April 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM

    That's fucking awesome Nurb.

  • Spesche Mehraine!11 (wip drawing)

    • Minos
    • April 20, 2009 at 2:42 AM

    Not bad at all. I'd work more on the gun, it looks too bi dimensional now~

  • Regarding Meatwad/MrH2o‏

    • Minos
    • April 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM

    What the...? This is quite sad... watah was one of the coolest guys in the irc channel and one of the first mapcorians I have ever talked to. He also helped me quite a bit when I made that snow-war map. This is really sad, he had an entire life ahead. Rest in Peace Martin, you will be missed

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • Minos
    • April 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM

    Fuck yeahhh!

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2009 at 11:02 PM

    yeah looks great!

    Too bad the marine models like they were ported straight from HL1 =(

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2009 at 11:01 PM

    Cool start Stepp!

    I've been meaning to model some f-zero-esque tracks within DS specs for quite a long time =)

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • Minos
    • April 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM

    Been finally giving Mass Effect the attention it deserves and it's by far the best game I have played since HL2 in 2004 =)

    I'm also playing the occasional L4D with buddies from work every once in a while. Oh and Pokemon Platinum and Chinatown Wars on the DS when I'm too tired to play on the PC

  • how not to draw comic book characters

    • Minos
    • April 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

    Good one Sentura =D

  • IGDA Discussion Over "Crunch Time" Development

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2009 at 2:31 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    wow, just wow, something from a producer at Epic:

    http://%7boption%7d

    The company culture at Epic really seems to be a bit fucked up at this point. They are actualy planning crunches and think its something to be proud of.

    With this attitude by management not a company i would want to work for no matter how good games they make.

    Hell, now that's fucked up...

    I'm undergoing my first crunch time now. We are not crunching due to bad management but to sudden schedule changes. The game we are working on must be done 2 months earlier than originally planned. I'm ok with it to be honest since it's our first project and we need to prove ourselves. We are gonna have additional days off after the project so I'm not pissed off at all. But I can't see myself doing pulling this for too long. I really wish it does not become a culture within the studio.

  • Assassin's Creed 2

    • Minos
    • April 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM

    More details surface! Now this got me hyped =)

    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/10/dress ... -2-reveal/

  • Assassin's Creed 2

    • Minos
    • April 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM

    I haven't played much of the first but I really hated the backstory going on. It felt a little pretentious and unneeded. Art wise it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen and the engine is amazing.

    I really love the whole idea behind Assassin's Creed, I just think it would be a better game if it was a bit less pretentious =) Just make a more straightforward game and cut the unnecessary backstory!

  • a visit to id software, 1993

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

    Awesome

    Love the Bobby Prince bit!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • April 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/27/Duty_calls.png]

  • Game industry questionmarks

    • Minos
    • April 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    Yes but also don't forget that most people who stay in the industry for that long don't stay level designers for 20 years, they climb up the ladder and become managers, producers, etc.

    They need degrees to do that, which reinforces my point that people should get an education

    Not necessarily, our producer is damn good and he ain't got a degree.

  • Game industry questionmarks

    • Minos
    • April 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM

    What Mazy said =)

  • Scene from a Movie - Aliens

    • Minos
    • April 6, 2009 at 3:14 AM

    Congrats on finishing your scene dudes, it certainly looks impressive! Good luck!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™