1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • July 6, 2009 at 1:47 PM

    This:

    http://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/ ... entry.html

  • NEOTOKYO°

    • Minos
    • July 4, 2009 at 11:42 PM

    Looks so fucking amazing, I downloaded it yesterday, now I need to find some time to check it out!

    Congrats Neo-Tokyo team!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM

    Are you using brushes or meshes for this?

    I like the fog color =)

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Minos
    • July 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    he's already been immortalized, let's just give it a rest with all the weeping.[Blocked Image: http://wowallogy.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/kleenex2.jpg]

    judgement

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • July 2, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    [Blocked Image: http://i44.tinypic.com/2upwoqa.jpg]

    How useful is this book stepp? Do you recommends??

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Minos
    • July 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    He created modern day mainstream pop music. Nobody ever considered modern mainstream pop as particularely good music (except for the fanboys and fangirls). He is no ABBA. Most of his songs are not very catchy, especialy his later work. His music is also missing the timelesness. Stuff like Thriller or Beat It is no music that you could cover or remix and would instantly create a new charts hit.I mean he was nearly forgotten already by the public before he died. What we see now is a hype. People get nostalgic, remember the good times they had in the 80's. And they forget for now why they didn't like him anymore. Soon he will be remembered as the child molesting freak again and his grave will become an morbid attraction like the catacombs of paris.

    It was never proven he molested those kids...

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • July 1, 2009 at 3:40 AM

    thanks guys =)

    Alright, here's a WIP of something I want to work on more and possibly make a scene in unreal based on it.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_023_rockyplanet_wip03.jpg]

  • Minecraft

    • Minos
    • June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    quake level editor!

    minecraft level editor!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 30, 2009 at 12:07 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-sci-fi-fantasy-2006/1949-1.jpg]

    Great art book with stunning environments, including some by big names like ryan church and feng zhu. A great piece of art and design! I recommends!!

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • June 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM

    tnx guys =)

    I decided to do a series of speed paintings to try new compositions and color palettes. I'll also try to be as loose as I can, to get a better sense of big picture rather than focusing on tiny little details. There's no point in going micro if you can't get the basics first

    This is the first one. It's called Strange Planet and it took about 2H

    My main focus here wasn't the subject itself, but shadows and scale, as I felt I'm kind of lacking in these areas.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_022_strangeplanet.jpg]

  • Happy B-Day KFS!

    • Minos
    • June 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM

    Happy BD KFS

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • June 27, 2009 at 6:27 AM

    Aiight calling it done!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_021_spacecraft02.jpg]

  • Arma II Appreciation Station

    • Minos
    • June 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM

    Doesn't look anywhere near as good as crysis imo. Looks like just another "russian" game with photorealistic rusty textures all over the place.

  • KoKos sketches thread

    • Minos
    • June 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM

    haha awesome! You really liked the movie eh?

    Good to see you posting sketches again kokoz!

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Minos
    • June 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    I suppose you should read up on why he turned white actually before talking crap especially now when he's dead.RIP

    uh? I was talking about his music and not about his attitude.

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Minos
    • June 26, 2009 at 2:24 AM
    Quote from Dark

    Micheal died 13 years ago in my opinion

    Michael Jackson died the moment he turned white imo.

  • ZeniMax Media (Bethesda) Acquires id Software (PR)

    • Minos
    • June 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM

    Bye bye open source engines =)

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • June 24, 2009 at 6:27 PM

    lol cardo I never thought of that but yeah it's great reference =)

    My biggest reference so far is this book. Everyone with an slight interest in classic sci-fi art should get it =)

    Thanks for the comments so far everyone! I'll probably finish this baby tonight and all your suggestions have been quite valuable!

  • ins_karam

    • Minos
    • June 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    Quote from RA7

    Ehhr were is the DL link???

    It's included in the mod, just download it on steam =)

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • June 24, 2009 at 3:53 AM

    Looking for crits on something I want to work on more, I worked mainly on the lighting here. I'll probably redo the small ship later because the design fucking sucks

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_021_spacecraft02_wip.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™