1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • Minos
    • July 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM

    New screenshots! Can't wait!

    http://www.joystiq.com/photos/borderlan ... 71500/full

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • July 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    Quote from Nurb

    I now work at Starbreeze as a texture artist.I'm sorry for all who lost their jobs. I'm sure there are brighter days ahead!

    Congrats!! Well deserved =)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    yeah I was trying to layer it, those destroyed buildings are in the 3d skybox, I was kind of hoping I could get the illusion of depth if I had layerd them right but obviously right now it looks like a bunch of low quality jpegs. I need to remember just how big a 512pixel face on a skybox looks ingame I've been doing a few re-compiles with different fog settings in an attempt to make some turbidity and slowly blend those skybox buildings into the background, hopefully make the transition less jarring. Maybe add a few more layers of 3dskybox buildings before hitting the back.

    Also thanks for giving me an excuse to play more L4D

    You can also check them directly in Hammer, valve released vmfs for all L4D maps a while ago =) Sweet stuff.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM

    Use simple geometry for the 3d skybox buildings and it will look a lot better!! Check Left 4 Dead maps for inspiration, they are pretty good at this.

    I also think you could use a lower pitch for the light_environment to have it cast more interesting shadows.

  • Nostalgia - Old mods

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM
    Quote from WesleyTack

    funny how Insurgency is already an old mod, they released not so long ago... One of my favorite old time mods was on Quake 2, called Night Hunters.

    You could play the predator, was really fun at night, playing dark levels, multiplayer, not knowing where the predator was.

    I couldn't find any screenshots, just their old website:

    http://www.fragit.net/nighthunters/news.shtml

    and a youtube video, sadly they aren't playing a match in it:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    *edit*

    ok they kinda do play the mod in this video a bit

    god I miss Quake2! :/

    Display More

    I was actually referring to the early INS screenshots on that site, INS has surely changed a lot since then =)

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM

    thanks for the crits guys =)

    Last night's sketch: Trying some different techniques and palette =)

    [Blocked Image: http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/209/6/3/Jungle_Facility_by_thiagoklafke.jpg]

  • Nostalgia - Old mods

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Was Citizen-132 that mod by S-man? It looked pretty good, it was Goldsource too, right?

    1) Yes

    2) Kinda. We built a "demo" on goldsrc, but the full mod was meant to be built on either Source or CryEngine.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/WhenWeLeftTheEarth_DVD.jpg]

    AWESOME DVD set, highly recommended!

  • KoKos sketches thread

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM

    Looks like a nice start kokoz! I personally don't like her hair... it looks too bulky! The ear is also badly positioned. She also needs a post-apocalyptic mutt.

    Can't wait to see this in full colors and with a nice background ^^

  • Nostalgia - Old mods

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    haha mino, that's the site i'm working for. fantastic to see more people getting there from outside of the german speaking countries

    It was the only site on google with tons of Citizen-132 screenshots =)

  • mapwars: discussion

    • Minos
    • July 26, 2009 at 7:03 PM

    Count me in. But let's do it on the sunday please!

  • Nostalgia - Old mods

    • Minos
    • July 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM

    Yo

    I found this super awesome site with lots of early screenshots of well known mods such as Insurgency and Citizen-132. Well worth a look for the veterans here =)

    Insurgency:

    http://www.hlportal.de/?sec=mods&site=i ... 99&page=12

    Citizen-132:

    http://www.hlportal.de/?sec=hl2&site=sc ... 235&page=1

  • TRON Legacy

    • Minos
    • July 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM

    Yeah looks great! Reminds me of Johnny Quest which is a good thing

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • July 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    You will regret the leather when you sit on it naked for a while on a hot and humid day

    lol yeah I was concerned about that too but leather is way more resistant than fabric and doesn't get dirty with time =)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • July 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM

    Finally got myself a kickass chair. Been meaning to do it for ages. My back is all fucked up because I never really cared about this stuff... so everyone should do the same =)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.prismamoveis.com.br/imagens/cadeiras/quality_sg800capa.jpg]

    (I actually got it in black leather, so it looks even more awesome =) )

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • July 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM

    Thanks wilco

    Tonight's sketch. Wasn't going anywhere so I decided to stop and leave it at it.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_026_wetcity.jpg]

  • Brazilian taggers

    • Minos
    • July 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    [Blocked Image: http://i31.tinypic.com/9ggb3s.jpg]HELLO MINO

    Yeah yeah I'm a pixação in my free time whats wrong with that

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • July 23, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    awesome simon!! I really wanted to make an apollo remembrance pic like that as well but just havn't had the time . Here's a nice collection of incredible pics from apollo: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/0 ... lo_11.html

    That's really awesome peris, thanks for sharing

    By the way everyone take a look at this if you have the chance, it's super hyper mega cool: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/nasa/programs/programs.html

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable

    • Minos
    • July 23, 2009 at 1:24 AM
    Quote from Jenn0_Bing

    Just finished it, really good fun a nice mix of game play in a relatively small space.Only died twice, once because i sprinted across the bridge into a combine assault, the second time because apparently an auto-save was right in front of them .

    I had the same problem

    Insta man, this map is great, I had lots of fun with it. It's a great example of smart and entertaining level design. I loved the little surprises and the fact that they weren't as obvious as one would expect.The graphics also do their job quite well, however, I'd love to see some more custom content here and there.

    I also found a bug btw. I'm not sure if it's a Source related bug or a wrong shader you are using for the water, anyways, pointing the flashlight to the water gets the reflections all screwed up:

    http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/mimp10000.jpg

    http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/mimp10001.jpg

    I also felt that the cubemap placement could be better, specially in the dark indoor areas.

    All in all this is a great accomplishment and I can't wait for the next releases. Congrats dude

    (I also missed some of your wicked sense of humor, hoping to see more of that in the next releases )

  • mapwars: discussion

    • Minos
    • July 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM

    Hey I think its time we have another mapwars, how about it??

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™