1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Simon Barsky - Environment Artist

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM

    Cool stuff man, I'm sure a person of your talent you will find a job in no time.

  • TF2 "Classless" update!

    • Minos
    • August 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM

    Awesome indeed! Congrats insta!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 11, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    Quote from dux

    I love Golfs. And now I have one![Blocked Image: http://www.samjordancars.com/images/124.jpg]

    Way to spend those NS2 bucks!! Congrats!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • August 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM
    Quote from Evert

    yeah Grin is no more.I went to mcdonalds, philipk paid =)

    Such a nice fella!

    I just heard about it. That's really fucked up and sad... Grin certainly had one of the best teams put together in the world. I really hope other people (specially stupid CEOs) learn from Grin's mistakes to avoid shit like this in the future.

    Good luck everyone, hope we meet one day

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • August 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM
    Quote from Evert

    Remove me from grin.I guess that goes for all of grin-.

    wait, what

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    Quote from Punky

    [Blocked Image: http://www.newtechnology.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2233bw.jpg]

    I have the exact same monitor here at work (dual screen setup). Although I can't complain about the screen quality (its not particularly GREAT either) it has a nasty habit of turning off two or three times a day. It happens to 90% of people who use them here.

    I just hope we just got a faulty lot and it's not a common problem for this model.

    BTW I recently got a similar looking 22" samsung screen, it was a bit cheaper but the screen quality is better imo

  • RAGE

    • Minos
    • August 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM

    Someone should make a wax statue of Carmack while he's still young and hot!!

  • RAGE

    • Minos
    • August 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM

    volumetric skybox is the new 3d skybox fo sho

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • August 8, 2009 at 2:06 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    the moon is nicely done, it's just a shame that the border "cuts it off" in size comparison.

    damn you are right!

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2009 at 9:49 PM

    Thanks guys!

    wilco: I actually think its a bit small

    Here's a very WIP one. I kinda lost interest in this one so I'm not sure if it will ever get finished.

    [Blocked Image: http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/4453/4453419f8b8f898af6206cc31313ab8f6e57236.jpg]

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Never really heard of it until I saw those clips, decided to check it out, was really good!

    Yup it's one of my all time favorites now

    In fact anything from John Carpenter before 1995 is brilliant and should be checked out. (Escape from NY, Christine, etc)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    uhhh can you explain what you mean by this??

    it's like they deliberately made the user interface too user friendly. everything is so rounded in speech and design that you have a hard time working around in it. i had to do guesswork to figure out how to do certain (perhaps more complex) operations on the operating system. it's like it wasn't geared towards someone with expertise at all. and if this is truly their goal, to give people the ability to fine tune a system without knowing anything about what happens when it is done or about the consequences of doing it, then i am against it. i'm not saying i'm against user friendliness, but there is a line where it crosses over to be fail safe idiot mode.

    i also forgot to mention the price of their systems are much higher for the same specs of a regular computer, which is ludicrous. if design is so important, why not just buy a sculpture to hide your laptop in? i bet you could get that cheaper than whatever you pay for a macbook anyway.

    finally: i call bullshit on same spec computers differing in benchmarks from a mac.

    perhaps you should use lunix then sentura?

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Minos
    • August 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    I made a short video this morning showing off one of the weapon items we have had working in the game for a little bit, but have never fully shown off. Here is my little description of how the weapon works:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Really cool stuff zaph

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    3 months is old? I usually buy games 6 months - 1 year or more after they are out

    I usually buy games 3 - 4 years or more after they are out

  • Shall We Make A Game?

    • Minos
    • August 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM

    This is not EOT ffs.

  • Reasearch & Development mod for HL2:Ep2

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2009 at 12:56 AM

    Played it yesterday, it's awesome.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM

    woot woot been meaning to get a 360 for years but those 3RL stories really scared me off. Microsoft has finally fixed the problem with the new jasper chips so I decided to get the arcade version, which is the bundle that comes with the jasper. I also got Force Unleashed as a free gift so it's an awesome deal.

    I'll be buying a 60gb HD from a friend at work so after a lot of thought I came to a really good price altogether.

    I also purchased a lot of games to catch up with all these years of PC gaming

    So yeah:

    [Blocked Image: http://noaddedsugar.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/xbox360.jpg]

    Games:

    [Blocked Image: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/993/458005-fallout_3_collectors_edition_20080603095448462_super.jpg]

    (Amazon is selling it for 59 USD btw )

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rAfXrY5oL._AA280_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hXYswZDHL._AA280_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rjP-idMrL._AA280_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QLsSThvNL._AA280_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514MDESrIxL._AA280_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5131NnRzVUL._AA280_.jpg]

    I'm also thinking about purchasing Viva Pinata for my GF as it's really cheap. Any thoughts about it?

  • Gamer (Movie)

    • Minos
    • July 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM

    i'm half asleep after watching this trailer

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Minos
    • July 31, 2009 at 3:31 AM

    CLINT EASTWOOD IS THE COOLEST DUDE EVER

    PERIOD

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • 10 Best Game Engines of This Generation

    • Minos
    • July 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM

    This is far more interesting imo - From Doom to Dunia:

    http://www.maximumpc.com/print/7079

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™