1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • December 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    Quote from Synthesizer

    Update: I'm starting at Dice on Monday.

    About time man! Congrats!

  • Nightwatch textures

    • Minos
    • December 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    did I hear mapwars?

    How about Dec 5? or Dec 12? I won't be available after that =(

  • Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down (??)

    • Minos
    • December 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

    yeah don't be so mean with the duke guys!! he will live forever in my heart!

  • I have something great to reveal!

    • Minos
    • November 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Quote

    ":3bmn8vwx]Somebody explain this newcomers who Hurg is.

    Hurg can't be explained. Your heart needs to feel him.

  • Nightwatch textures

    • Minos
    • November 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM

    Time for a another goldsrc contest I suppose??

  • Oh god. Here we go with the FOV again.

    • Minos
    • November 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    I never experienced any FOV problems (or motion sickness for that matter, but then again, I practically never feel motion sick) in any game I've played so far, be it on a PC or on a console.

    +1

  • I have something great to reveal!

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

    That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen... thanks

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    Quote from DysPatch

    Yeah, I was thinking about that, but since these are mostly HL2 textures, isn't it illegal to modify them and distribute them outside of the GCF? I guess I could try creating a snow overlay. That would allow me to use it on multiple textures actually, making it a better option. Any ideas on how to give it a really cold feeling besides using Color Correction? For some reason CC doesn't work with FA:S. I made the environment lighting blue to try to give it that feel without being too saturated. I am also contemplating adding some fire to that destroyed truck to add a red/orange lighting to contrast the blue.

    Here is an angle from the other side.

    http://danielmiede.com/scrapyard/ps_sno ... 110010.jpg

    I was actually talking about applying color correction to the textures so they look blueish/less saturated!

    More references: (damn, only old goldsrc maps come to mind)

    http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps_old/html/ ... cility.htm

    http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps_old/html/de_frost.htm

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 27, 2009 at 1:21 AM

    Looking cool so far. Could look better if you edited the brick textures to add snow between the bricks and do some color correction. Example:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3decade.com/img/northbound_1.jpg]

  • Level Design Help Files

    • Minos
    • November 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM

    I've just found this site and I'm amazed at the content. Covers level art, lighting and has some extremely useful Unreal 3 tutorials: http://www.chrisalbeluhn.com/3D_Tutorials.html

    I specially love this: http://www.chrisalbeluhn.com/UDK_Asset_ ... orial.html

  • tree[d] - free tree generator

    • Minos
    • November 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

    Have you tried the Directx SDK? .x is a directx format afaik.

  • NS2 - Spark Editor

    • Minos
    • November 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM

    STill waiting for the steam version!

  • chopstiks takes some pictures (56k tears)

    • Minos
    • November 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM

    Great shit man! You surely has been to many interesting places. I hope I'm able to do that one day.

    By the way this pic screams BIONIC COMMANDO all over the place

    [Blocked Image: http://www.trisoup.com/oskar2.jpg]

  • Pirates! and the winner is rom 4454!

    • Minos
    • November 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    I'm not enough of a tech geek, I'm not sure if you can say that Nintendo could have done more upfront to avoid the piracy problem that is surrounding R4, but they certainly do take the problem seriously now in court:

    http://dailynintendo.com/nintendo-wins- ... r4-maker-2

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/capcom- ... cy-lawsuit

    I don't want to break an NDA but piracy is hurting Nintendo's sales, how much depends on the region. Like Rick said in some countries they sell R4 cartridges with pirated games like it is the most normal thing in the world. This isn't some shady backalley business, they are offered at traditional electronic retailers. Now imagine average mom going to the store to pick up a game for her kid, then it's a no brainer which version she buys.

    A bit too late I'd say

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 24, 2009 at 2:07 AM

    Psy I know I'm being redundant here but that's one of the prettiest TF2 maps ever =) Even inspired me to do a TF2 map. I have some cool ideas but I'd have a hard time fitting them in the TF2 style.

    As for the mapcore UC team: that's a great idea!

  • Pirates! and the winner is rom 4454!

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    Quote from barrakid

    That's a very confusing article, i read it twice and it's still a bit hard to understand the point (if there is one) but i don't think piracy is to be blamed in this case.They make "games for others, Baby games, teddy bear and pony games", they depend on 3 or 4 other companies to get the game published, they apparently don't invest enough or efficiently on publicity since "the shop 100 meters from the studio didn’t even know the game was in their stock", and then they are surprised that they don't make enough money to create their own projects? What's there to be surprised about? They have a bad business model, they create games for very small demographic (babies and small children who own a NDS) that has a overly saturated market (there are hundreds of DS games for children) and have to split the profits with 3 or 4 companies and then they try to blame it on piracy?! Looks like just another case of bad management for me tbh...

    I think you missed the point. They are an small studio. They depend on investors' money to get their games out. It's not like the studio is backed up by a large company or is run by millionaires that can afford a few losses. They had this awesome idea for a game and had a hard time finding a publisher because investors won't risk their money on risky projects. Although the casual games market is already saturated at the moment there are high chances a pony game will sell 20x more than a more "hardcore" title, since "hardcore" gamers are the first ones to pirate. This is specially true on DS and Wii and in other platforms as well to some extent.

  • Pirates! and the winner is rom 4454!

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM

    Very sincere little article from the creators of Maestro! about how pirating games kills creativity in this industry:

    http://www.maestrojumpinmusic.com/blog/ ... e-chiffre/

    I really hope the next generation of consoles/handhelds manages to find a way to completely avoid piracy. Otherwise great original games will be a thing of the 90s.

  • Yes, I'm a dad (since July)

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM

    Congrats man!

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • November 22, 2009 at 7:56 PM

    New paiting! Scavangers in a deserted town. This is sort of based on the day after tomorrow movie.

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sp_040_snowcity.jpg]

  • Brütal Legend

    • Minos
    • November 22, 2009 at 1:01 AM
    Quote from Warby

    i ordered my copy from play.com

    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/40 ... oduct.html

    for 51 euros which was less than everyone else but by the time it arrived they dropped the price to 30 ... those fuckers !

    don't know if they send to brazil though ...

    That's cheap! I'm not so sure about it though since my console is american and I cant find any info about region block in the page

    I usually get my stuff from http://www.estarland.com btw (the layout is horrible but i've ordered several games and never had any problems).

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™