1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • December 22, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    Quote from dux

    lol Brazilian motherboards

    I actually have a decent gigabyte motherboard that should run this card with no problem. This problem is so specific and rare that neither XFX or gigabyte ever cared to make a fix for it or even make it public

    Anyways, do you guys have any recommendations? I'm a cheap guy and I don't want to overclock anything so anything with a PCI 2.0 slot is gonna do it.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • December 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM
    Quote from Gloglebag

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vigster.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Battlefield-1943.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.webnort.com/loja/images/XFX%20Radeon%20HD%205750%2001.jpg]

    I purchased a 9800GT recently but the damn thing won't work on my mobo because of compatibility issues with VIA chipsets. Will have to buy another mobo just to get the thing to work

  • Crysis 2

    • Minos
    • December 21, 2009 at 1:37 AM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    http://www6.incrysis.com/images/concept_art/road.jpg

    Wow, that's one of the best pieces of concept art I've ever seen, artistically. I'd totally get a print of that for my wall

    Hell yeah my refs folder thanks you Mazy!

  • 2009 in photos

    • Minos
    • December 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    Quote from DaanO

    my favorite. one of the best newsphotos i've seen in a long time. thanks for posting~by the way, it's an israeli airstrike on a palestinian village

    [Blocked Image: http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/2009_2_12_15/927_21298277.jpg]

    Damn

  • Happy Birthday Steppenwolf!

    • Minos
    • December 18, 2009 at 12:28 PM

    Happy birthday bro

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • December 17, 2009 at 4:34 PM

    Thanks for the crits, keep it going dudes!

    new one:

    [Blocked Image: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/351/9/b/Another_landscape_by_thiagoklafke.jpg]

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Minos
    • December 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM

    Ubi is going to take us to an Imax theatre to see it next tuesday. And then I'll decide if I'll buy the art book or not

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Minos
    • December 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Om nom nom nom!

    Oh man... now I'm truly hyped. CANT WAIT!

  • I have something great to reveal!

    • Minos
    • December 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    Quote from DaanO

    Good to see that after all these years nothing has changed

    Hey! Back to mapcore after living in a hippie camp for over 10 years?

  • Left4Dead 2

    • Minos
    • December 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM

    I hope it's free for PC since I'm a spoiled valve fanboy.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • December 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JZYZ1WEBL._SS500_.jpg]

    http://www.amazon.com/Hardyware-Art-Dav ... 1855859173

    Pretty cool space artist book (despite the horrible cover art his stuff is top notch)

  • KotH_Switcheroo Beta 4

    • Minos
    • December 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM

    Looks amazing, good job insta!

  • Finding energy to work

    • Minos
    • December 10, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Has to be something I'm really passionate about if I want to do it at home. There's no point me getting home and saying "OK I really need to work on my personal design skills, this weekend I'll do it I promise!". I need an actual project that'll be turned into something people will see/use rather than something just for experience.So get yourself involved with something, like a mod or a personal indie project or something. You may think you don't have the time, but by committing yourself to something you should find yourself motivated.

    Exactly. I've been having a hard time finishing my personal stuff since I left Insurgency. It was so easier to focus and know exactly what to do when I was working in a team.

  • It's that time again.

    • Minos
    • December 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    http://www.urlesque.com/2009/12/07/sketchy-santas/Merry Christmas!!1

    lol!!

    [Blocked Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__N70qf6G94U/Sx50yVG6EgI/AAAAAAAAAJk/oDZKNDh9efw/s1600/15.jpg]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • December 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    I lost my DS stylus, so I bought these:http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21878

    Shipping from China's slow as hell and Fighting Fantasy, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, and Zelda: Spirit Tracks all just came out, though. I'm improvising with a mechanical pencil that has a small, rounded tip in the meantime.

    Have you lost your extra stylus as well? DS lite comes with two.

  • It's that time again.

    • Minos
    • December 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM

    Welcome back Spellbinder =)

    We missed you!

  • Continuity [Flash game]

    • Minos
    • December 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM

    Continuity is awesome!

    Sorry to hijack your thread but I found this game the other day and I loved the concept and visuals: http://www.playauditorium.com/

  • Dino D-Day - The best HL2 mod ever found?

    • Minos
    • December 7, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/dino-d-day/videos

    Holy shit. That looks brilliant.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • December 7, 2009 at 2:58 AM

    The texture doesn't make much sense to be honest. Why is there so much rust around edges if the body paint and the bumpers are barely dirty? Doesn't make much sense. One would expect the owner of this truck would try to fight off the rust by rubbing sandpaper or something. That's easily found on old cars. Such an old truck would also have a lot of scratches on the more exposed parts. This is where the rust would grow around. (IE: edges, bumpers etc...).

    You should look for some references to check where grime builds up in real trucks. Left 4 Dead's vehicles are a good example of this. They got the right amount of grime and dirt. Here are some good refs for you:

    [Blocked Image: http://oldtrucks.org/visitors_rides/1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/264498080_a1a941874a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/3006524308_f24fae859d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2729998196_f4695989c7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3633/3496597774_8df0c9327f.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/58592652_9999ee736f.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/15/22774086_92150ed815.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2923966927_b41d94aee2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2378812216_984cf3692a.jpg]

    hope it helps!

  • Medal of Honor

    • Minos
    • December 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM

    Medal of Honor: BGGW (Billy Gibbons Goes to War)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.attrade.lv/fotogalerija/gitarasty/a_billy_gibbons.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™