1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Totally random concept/sketch thread

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM

    Warby that rocks!

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • March 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    My first ever Zbrush sculpt! Going to finish it, and then get it in the Unreal engine. Let me know what you think. Obviously the face isn't done, as well as the hands.[Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/sculptform2.jpg]

    Is that a fat pint-sized slasher?

    Looks pretty good for a first sculpture!

  • Robot Unicorn Attack

    • Minos
    • March 5, 2010 at 1:13 AM

    Played it the other, super fun game!

  • Frie has a bday !

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM

    Have a good one bro!

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Minos
    • March 4, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    Quote from twiz

    what a bunch of cocksmokers. I doubt zampella/west will win their legal battle against a giant pile of lawyer money, but I'm rooting for them.

    Their chances will improve substantially if they hire Cooper & Norman's services.

  • How to turn your boring movie into a Hitchcock thriller...

    • Minos
    • March 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

    http://www.borgus.com/think/hitch.htm

    Pretty cool article! Very relevant to level designers and level artists imo.

    ... and a bonus article on how hitchcock added humor to his movies: http://www.borgus.com/think/hitch-humor.htm

  • Karate Kid (2010 remake)

    • Minos
    • March 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    movie when I was a child and moreover this trailer is watchable. :megaman:

    Why is jack chan teaching will smith's kid kung fu in a movie called karate kid

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Minos
    • March 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    http://kotaku.com/comment/19990330/

    Rumors and all, I know, but to be honest then it wouldn't surprise me that Activision would pursue this kind of action.

    That guy is gonna become a legend in the industry if that's true (hope it is).

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Minos
    • March 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM

    Avatards...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM

    Books!

    [Blocked Image: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/Images/perrybible.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516JHGHC31L._SS500_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.dead-donkey.com/images/mastersofdoom7xl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511F65bA1bL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Hm%2BMj3ygL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg]

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Minos
    • February 28, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Btw did you guys know that Jamie Lee Curtis is the daughter of Toni Curtis and Janet Leigh? (the actress who gets killed in the shower in Psycho)

    His name is not Curtis. His name is Curtis Jackson.

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    Quote

    ":3c88ha20]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    I don't remember Jamie lee curtis being this hot

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • February 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Skjalg, Me, Warby (from left to right, Feb 24th, Hamburg)*SMILE*

    [Blocked Image: http://scottgaglardi.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f07d074883401116836bd09970c-450wi]

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Minos
    • February 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM

    Finished the game. I have mixed feelings about it. Thoughts:

    Pros:

    - Combat has improved a lot

    - The characters' background stories are much better than the ones in ME1

    - Credits and resources make a lot more sense now

    - The normandy is much improved

    - More environment variety. Omega and illium are beyond awesome.

    Cons:

    - I hate the exaggerated bloom and post effect filters with passion

    - Tiny font size, I can barely read the codex or other important information (my CRT TV doesn't help either)

    - The sidequests are waaay too short. I remember one which all you had to do was to switch 4 buttons on

    - I actually miss the mako. I miss the feeling of exploring isolated planets

    - Some characters aren't very useful. I formed a perfect team with Miranda and Mordin, no need to use the other team members.

    - The game lacks a strong and recognizable enemy. Saren was such an interesting character...

    Quote

    I even sympathized with him in the end of ME1

    - I didn't like the ending.

    Quote

    It was too short and didn't develop much on the collectors' story. The illusive man objectives were very predictable. I was hoping for something more twisted. Human reaper? That was kind of lame imo.

    But yeah it still is a good game. Metacritic score is a bit exaggerated though. I give it a 90.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    Quote from DaanO

    [Blocked Image: http://www.bestel.nl/catalog/images…Works_front.jpg]can't wait till it gets here. i'm at home most of the time so i wanted some pets to keep me company

    http://www.bestel.nl/catalog/antworks-p-622.html

    I've been wanting one of those since forever. But I can't be arsed to go hunt for the right ants (you need to find a queen or something otherwise the colony dies in a few days).

  • What should I model?

    • Minos
    • February 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM

    That's a pretty dumb question If you are level designer learning how to model then your first model should obviously be a crate...

    [Blocked Image: http://lostinthoughts.web-log.nl/second_life/images/crate.jpg]

  • kleinluka has a bday!11

    • Minos
    • February 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_I2uQkGxIykM/SS4Ru9JgScI/AAAAAAAABK8/YVGdRprlKec/s400/penis+cake+funtasticus.jpg]

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Minos
    • February 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (and basically every other Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy book by DNA)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Restaurant-Univ ... 707&sr=8-1

    Im trying to read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy at the moment but I'm having a hard time. The author tries so hard to be funny 98% of the time ... It annoys me very much. I wish I could read the same story without all the unfunny jokes.

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Minos
    • February 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

    I believe I'm 75% through it at the moment. Already got the loyalty of all members but the asari justicar and doing all the side quests now.

    I love this game so much that I already want to replay through it, and I haven't even finished yet Maybe I'll try insanity mode achievement next!

  • Make Something Unreal final round of winners

    • Minos
    • February 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM

    Awesome stuff yeah.Congrats to the winners, this is truly an epic effort

    I dislike how everything looks so noisy and have odd color combinations all around though. Stuff like that makes some of the entries look very 2006'ish. Don't mean to offend anyone here but I can barely make out what's happening in this screenshot:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/App_Themes/MakeSomethingUnreal/images/Final/KillingTime.jpg]

    This picture....

    [Blocked Image: http://www.makesomethingunreal.com/App_Themes/MakeSomethingUnreal/images/Final/PlanetStormScr2.jpg]

    ...could look a lot better if it wasnt for the excessive blurriness and lack of contrast (stronger light spots I mean). They should have used HP's/buddy's SFAM entry as reference for good lighting:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.helderpinto.com/images/SFAM-Aliens/Final_Shots/Aliens_SFAM_screenshot_2.jpg]

    Another prime example of this is Mass Effect 2. I love the art assets but the post-effect filters and odd red'ish lighting make the game look VERY bad in some places.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™