1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Looking for a cheap point and shoot camera

    • Minos
    • March 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM

    Hey I'm looking for a cheap point and shoot camera, it basically needs to be small enough to be taken in my backpack and stuff like that. Price range should be from US$ 100 to 200 preferably. Samples would be nice. Can anyone recommend me one? thanks

  • The Great Class Dash

    • Minos
    • March 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM

    Awesome!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • March 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    Quote from DaanO

    I guess everybody should celebrate St. Patrick's day, there's an Irish pub everywhere, people get drunk +1, it's fun

    Sounds a lot better than carnival tbh.

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • March 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM

    This is not mine of course but pretty useful I think. Step by step paintover on a level blockout: http://ewkn.deviantart.com/art/Xoran-Tutorial-157442559

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • March 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    Quote from DaanO

    Minos! That's really good! I like the composition (in combination with the colors). Only thing is, that figure on the left is kind of, bad. Weird proportions

    Yes it's horrible haha. I definitely need to practice human anatomy. We are going to have drawing workshops here at the office regularly with live models and shit, so that's gonna be awesome!

    It looks even worse because I squeezed the image vertically a bit to improve perspective and I couldn't be arsed to repaint the human figures.

  • children's drawings turned real

    • Minos
    • March 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    Quote from n8braker

    AWESOME

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Reminds me of the Citadel from Mass Effect 2!

    Yes. I tried to set it appart from ME but I couldn't help I guess I was going to make it a little bit brighter but then I decided to fiddle with levels and the sketch looked much better this way. The ingame version will probably be brighter.

  • Minos' digital sketchbook

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM

    Thanks for the comments!

    New one! Quick sketch for a UDK scene I'm working on. This is more of an attempt to set a mood rather than defining shapes (which are already modeled and placed in UDK).

    I'll start studying anatomy soon btw. I really need to improve on that!

    [Blocked Image: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/073/8/1/Sci_fi_Corridor_by_thiagoklafke.jpg]

  • Life after armageddon

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Surely in the worst case scenario they would be dead?

    http://www.theonion.com/content/news/sc ... es_to_dumb

    haha that was pretty fun to read.

    I have mixed feelings about History Channel btw. I really love some of their tv shows but the other shit is annoying. Specially all this Nostradamus fuss going on at the moment.

  • Illegal downloading and mapcore

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Quote from deceiver

    I don't pirate games anymore ever since I started doing 3D. So, my "sometimes" relates to movies (usually rare ones, I like watching most movies on a TV), music and tv shows.

    Same here. Pirating games nowadays feels like taking a dump in my own swimming pool. (I'm still waiting for my bonus for the DS game I worked on ). I still pirate a few ds game now and then, mostly due to the fact they are too expensive for what they are (mostly amateur'ish titles) and because R4 is sooo convenient. I still buy the ones I like the most though, like Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

    I still pirate all my software though. That's partly due to habit and partly due to prices. Who buys 3ds max or the Adobe suit for personal use anyway?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    been doing more programming than art lately. Almost finished making this game, used AS3 and Flixel. Did all the art assets and music myself, so gimme a break youtube direct link (if embed isnt working)

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Very nice! Music is really cool!

    I think you could do a lot better with art though. Something like Metroid (NES) would fit perfectly with this setting.

  • Life after armageddon

    • Minos
    • March 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM

    Just watched this awesome show on history channel. It basically follows the story of a common family trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. Everyone should know these survival tricks.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    (you can watch the other parts on youtube)

    Quote

    What have past acts of destruction taught us about what will happen to mankind after the apocalypse? Is it inevitable that disaster will someday strike America on an unprecedented level? How has history prepared us? History's most dramatic events--Hiroshima, 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and others--are examined and analyzed with hard data gathered from their massive aftereffects. The disappearance of water and food supplies, the effects of deteriorated sanitation and health care on the remaining population, and the increased use of violence as a means of survival--all illustrate how societies have responded and survived.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Minos
    • March 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM

    Looks awesome!!

    /me pets klein~~

  • Robert Yang -- Level Design... now with GDC post-mortem!

    • Minos
    • March 11, 2010 at 1:01 PM

    Awesome work man!

  • The Furyo Hate Topic

    • Minos
    • March 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Look who's trying to link a picture from 4chan.

  • Unlimited Detail

    • Minos
    • March 10, 2010 at 7:36 PM

    Nice programmer art there

  • Fallout (New Vegas)

    • Minos
    • March 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM

    Screenshots!

    http://www.joystiq.com/photos/fallout-n ... l/#2777516

    They are surely recycling a ton of content from FO3

  • GDC 2010 - Leadwerks Engine technology Demo

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

    Looks pretty good, the last pic reminds me of fallout3

    Good job!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    Quote from sarge mat

    Can't wait for that. Feel like a total man baby but I loved Pokemon Gold sooooooo much

    Fuck yeah. Pokemon has been the best handheld game for over a decade now

    I enjoyed diamond quite a bit. Hope I'm able to put more love in this one than I did in diamond.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • March 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://gamereuphoria.com/files/2009/12/pokemon_soulsilver_box_art.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™