1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Check out my new song (now available on iTunes!)

    • Minos
    • April 16, 2010 at 2:34 PM

    Very nice luka!! It's great to see how focused and how serious you are about this. I remember a few years ago when you purchased your guitar and was still learning everything. Very inspiring stuff.

    As for the album art, I'm not sure if it's final or not, but I'd work on it a bit more. The name of your band is sort of hidden in the bottom... if I didn't know you I wouldn't be sure if the band is called long story short or what mattered the most. Also get rid of the gradients! Plain solid colors ftw.

    A great cover can really sell your stuff, so watch out for that!

    Keep it up man, best of luck!

  • Going London this weekend!

    • Minos
    • April 14, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    Hey folks!I planed to go in London with a friend of mine this weekend to meet fresh chick and chit chat with the ppl from there. I would really enjoy my trip and that's why I need your help. I want tips and advises, where to go to meet great ppl. Is London the best city to meet young ppl or another city, with lots of students enjoying to get drunk and those kind of stuff, would be advised (in Southern England of course)? So many question that some of you might help.

    First of hows about the matter of transport!? Should we travel with our own car by the Ferry? Should we travel by train with the Eurostar and the Underground? Plane is too way expensive though.

    Then were to go and what to do the afternoon? Place to visit (except Helder' sister), where to sleep? Hostel? Youth Hostel (If yes which ones)? Dux's flat? Should we rent a car to visit else where?

    At last have you some address of cool bar, pub and also restaurant or cool thing we really need to visit and such? We're looking for cheap place of course coz we do want to try the most as possible!

    As u might understood I'm looking for a quite cool trip, looking for fun, meeting and want to get drunk all night long coz I'm such as Reef addicted.

    Ps: If some Mapcorian around London want to touch my big breast that's now or never!

    Display More

    lol I'd never crash on dux's place, not a good idea I think (he's kinda freaky, listens to linkin park and shit)

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM

    japanese karaoke

    [Blocked Image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_DOsvakE9tYo/S8J4fDvk4TI/AAAAAAAAG2k/pes8utUZ-K0/s640/Picture%20098.jpg]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • April 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    Appreciate Helder still plucking his eyebrows!

    I do the same, monobrows are fucking ulgy and girls hate them

  • Polish Presided died in plane crash

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM

    Stop being an asshole in every thread Sentura, ffs.

    My condolences to polish friends

  • Adobe Photoshop CS5 - finally a worthy upgrade?

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    I used Adobe software on Macs for like three years and in all honesty I noticed no performance difference at all between that and my similarly specced PC. In fact, everything I used on a Mac was pretty much the same both in speed and function. It's like comparing an apple to an orange: you eat them differently but they're both sweet and quite good for you.However it's so much cheaper to build a PC that can demolish a similarly priced Mac it's pretty much a no-brainer to go with Windows, especially with GPUs becoming increasingly significant for stuff like Photoshop.

    Alright ignore my post then dudes

  • Adobe Photoshop CS5 - finally a worthy upgrade?

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    Heh people say Photoshop runs a lot better on Mac than on Windows... still the brush stokes in that video seem pretty slow to me. I wonder how slow this will be on windows.

    i would disregard that as rumors honestly. i don't think they actually made photoshop more memory friendly on mac, just because it's a mac.

    Adobe creates their software primarily for Mac and then port to Windows afaik.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • April 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    Quote

    ":1bpbkajo]me, furyo, 2d-chris, sektor-effector, e-freak and a coder, lol.[Blocked Image: http://i44.tinypic.com/234itz.jpg]

    Is that.... Peris?? o______O

  • Adobe Photoshop CS5 - finally a worthy upgrade?

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    very cool stuff! I think they made it a bit too complex than what's really necessary, realistic brush simulation is a bit too much imo, but I guess that's the easiest way to wow people .

    Heh people say Photoshop runs a lot better on Mac than on Windows... still the brush stokes in that video seem pretty slow to me. I wonder how slow this will be on windows.

  • Crysis 2

    • Minos
    • April 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM

    Awesome!!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • April 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM
    Quote from robert.briscoe

    WHATEVER THOS R FAEK SCREENSHOTZ PHOTOSHOPPED DEY HAV NOTHIN DAVEL JUST FAKING BUT INSURCENCY IS BETTAR! ND PLANT!!!! http://%7boption%7dAhhh sorry I was having bad flashbacks there! Anyway good to see ND looking so very awesome and very much alive. Great Job Guys!

    I actually miss those times, we were so naive back then =)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • April 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM

    un-fucking-believable. I ordered my Pokemon Heartgold from an US site, I never had any problems with customs before and now they are charging me a 100% import duty. How I hate this country...

  • Man ‘From The Future’ Arrested At the LHC

    • Minos
    • April 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    Quote

    Eloi Cole, an oddly dressed young man was arrested yesteday at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland, made bizarre claim that he was from the future. Cole claimed that he had travelled back in time to prevent the LHC from destroying the world. The LHC successfully collided particles at record force earlier this week, a milestone Mr Cole was attempting to disrupt it by stopping supplies of Mountain Dew to the experiment’s vending machines. He also claimed responsibility for the infamous baguette sabotage in November last year. Mr Cole was seized by Swiss police after CERN security guards spotted him rooting around in trash bins. He explained that he was looking for fuel for his ‘time machine power unit’, a device that resembled a kitchen blender. Who knows maybe NASA should check out the secret powers of Mountain Dew.

    http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... the-w.html

    Probably an aprils fool but still pretty funny

  • Resident Evil Afterlife trailer.

    • Minos
    • April 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM
    Quote from 3Dnj

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    hoo man, I thought we had hit bottom with extinction...

    That has nothing to do with Resident Evil and looks horrible...but might be fun to watch in 3d though.

  • The 'Watah' has gone but the glass remains!

    • Minos
    • April 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM

    Rest in piece bro!

  • Portal 2

    • Minos
    • April 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f20.jpg][Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f19.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f1a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f1c.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f1d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f1e.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f23.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f1b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f18.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://nofrag.com/images/004f22.jpg]

    Display More

    Awesome!

  • Splinter Cell: Conviction

    • Minos
    • March 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from Dark

    Launch Trailerhttp://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    ">

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • Minos
    • March 31, 2010 at 3:46 AM
    Quote from deceiver

    What do you mean by floaters, geometry that isn't sewed one with everything else? Also, could you show us examples of AO errors like you describe?

    http://www.3d-for-games.com/Forum/viewt ... 6651#p6651

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • Minos
    • March 31, 2010 at 1:59 AM
    Quote from arhurt

    Yeah, I did that but I had to rush it so some of the areas were left intact. it's the downside of using lot's of flotaters. The normal maps comes out clean, but one must do lot's of clean up on the AO map.

    Could you elaborate on that?

    The trick is to separate concave floaters and base geometry in different IDs, render out one AO map for each ID, and then combine both in photoshop. Much easier than fixing this stuff by hand. The same technique can be used to fix convex floaters. Just render one AO map with everything (floaters included) and another one with floaters only. Hope that makes sense.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • March 31, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    Quote from neotic

    My current project... still a work in progress.[Blocked Image: http://www.williamtylerbuser.com/images/big/gow2_2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.williamtylerbuser.com/images/big/gow2_4.jpg]

    Nice architecture and composition but man, lose the bloom and post effect filters. I'll be brutally honest here: they are making the level look pretty crappy. You could have a much prettier scene with better lighting and no crappy filters. Really, you got a killer scene underneath all those filters, just get rid them asap!!

    The tricky part of using the unreal 3 engine is actually making your game NOT look like an unreal 3 game. Only a few succeed imo (Mirrors Edge comes to mind).

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™