1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Minos
    • May 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM

    haha i love how the horse almost got hit too

    I'm so buying this game on day one

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    Quote

    ":2g3admrj]":2g3admrj][Blocked Image: http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/press/2010_03/un2.jpg]http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/uncharted2/

    omg, I just got this and its rally quality shit! Totally recommended, shitloads of inspiration in here.

    Waiting for a price cut/discount

  • Bulletstorm

    • Minos
    • May 13, 2010 at 5:44 PM

    Looks really good Glad to see devs are finally using colors in their deathmatch games!

  • Historic photos in HD

    • Minos
    • May 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM
    Quote

    ":1zajeuo0]Epic bump!http://citynoise.org/article/10598

    Wow, thanks for sharing! Seeing those photos felt like driving back in time on a time machine.

  • User name changes

    • Minos
    • May 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    Quote from Joneswilliamsc

    After reading this post I came to know that we can change the username. But there is time periods limitation to change it. I have never seen such to change the username in any websites up till now. Its really very nice concept. Because some of the websites don't have permission even change password also.

    Man these bots are getting scary.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • May 12, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    Looks good so far, Tony.Here's my first ever high poly environment piece... This is just today's work, still got a lot left to do.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/shrine_wip.jpg]

    Not sure if you have seen this, but looks pretty similar to what you are doing: http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autode ... n-3ds-max/

  • Machete 2010

    • Minos
    • May 11, 2010 at 7:42 PM

    Robert Rodriguez hasn't made a good movie since El Mariachi

  • Fallout (New Vegas)

    • Minos
    • May 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    Collector's Edition looks really cool!

    http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/05/1 ... s-edition/

  • Microbrush 2?

    • Minos
    • May 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    Quote from martine4161

    Micro-brush 2 is the great quality brush and the editing tool for the game and the designing of the new Characters. I have used it and it is good editing tool for best designing with good description. Actually this kind of tool is never before in the game industry and now it is created to change the world of game. New technology find the new characters.

    Wow bots are getting smarter and smarter each day. They will soon be starting their own forum to discuss bot things and shit:

    Bot 1: Remember when we used to infest mapcore with our crap?

    Bot 2: lol yeah... Thrik always banned me but i kept registering back again and again just to piss those dudes off

    Bot 1: rofl

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • May 10, 2010 at 3:18 AM

    Not bad Sind! You could try to overlay some photos to give an extra layer of detail. Just keep it subtle (like 10% or so of opacity) and it should look good

    Here's a sci-fi wall texture I made for a scene I'm working on:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_wall01.jpg]

    max's standard dx9 shader doesn't do specular maps justice though (too lazy to grab a proper shader)

  • Lost Love Trailer - Chell's Legend

    • Minos
    • May 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM

    Brushwork looks good but you need to choose your textures waaay better... You have "grungy concrete wall" next to "carpet floor" next to "brick wall with water stains" next to "high tech lab'ish wall" next to "metal grating" etc etc I honestly can't figure out what that place is supposed to be. It sort of looks like a lab but I can't imagine a scientist wishing to work there. Looks like a reception area but there are computers sticking out of the walls. The ceiling even looks like something you would find in a sewer or water treatment facility

    I know it's just a test but you need to work better on your theme.

  • Hammer update!

    • Minos
    • May 5, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    Quote from Shrinker

    How about another tool as a temporary workaround to get things done? Microbrush

    That looks really handy!

  • Empty Times + Good Times

    • Minos
    • May 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM

    Congrats Dark

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    Quote from Duff-e

    [Blocked Image: http://www.agzakhana.com/images/raid2.jpg]fucking hot weather and rain

    Raid sucks, what you need is good ol' super timor

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

    Congrats D3ads, welcome to the decent men group

    Pretty sure you will have hundreds of hours of fun with those games <3

  • de_skidrow

    • Minos
    • May 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Why? He's not stealing assets from COD or making money out of this...

    Forget what I said, I didn't read his entire post

  • Both Max Payne games £2.24 on steam 4 hours only

    • Minos
    • April 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM

    Not available in Brazil

  • Interviews

    • Minos
    • April 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM

    My interview at Ubi Sao Paulo was quite short, about 1 hour and a half. When they first announced the studio and 20 positions the community went nuts. Ubi received over 7.000 applications (if I recall). Most of them probably never stood a chance of course but it must have been quite hard to look through all those applications.

    At the time of the interview the studio was still being worked on so Ubi rented a top floor office in a cool building nearby to carry the interviews. I was interviewed by the producer (brazilian), studio director (french) and by a technical director from Montreal (really nice guy, he was one of the core engineers of the Far cry 2 engine and tools).

    We talked about personal stuff for a while and then moved on to career goals, mod work etc We then we played my Insurgency map on a laptop. That was the fun part because the guy asked interesting and technical questions regarding the level, eg: what steps had I taken to make it balanced, how did I go on to optimize it, how much planning was involved, what I liked and disliked the most about the map, how we managed to complete such a huge mod with people from all over the world etc...

    I was then informally given the choice between Sao Paulo and Montreal. I chose SP because my plan was to move to Montreal once I was more experienced, so I could negotiate a better salary, conditions etc... Did I do the right choice? I'm not sure yet. Only time will tell. :wink:

  • de_skidrow

    • Minos
    • April 30, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Quote from deceiver

    Isn't that kinda illegal?

    Why? He's not stealing assets from COD or making money out of this...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™