1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2010 at 2:18 PM

    Keeping up with some old games:

    [Blocked Image: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/2/561532_front.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gametab.com/images/ss/xbox/3982/box-l.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/914661_front.jpg]

    Was looking forward to getting Legacy of Kain 2 and Metal Gear 2 aswell, but those don't run on 360 yet Might get Blood Omen 2 though. Anyone played it? Looked a bit repetitive from videos but I've been feeling like playing a Legacy of Kain title for quite some time now so I might get that too. And Shenmue 2 and Jet Set

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM

    Gotta agree with Stepp on this one. The art assets look so good, why slap a dull brown filter on top of everything

    It's not like discussing this on a forum is going to change anything but hey

    How come the game went from this:

    [Blocked Image: http://th02.deviantart.net/fs26/PRE/i/2008/142/b/e/DX3_Lab_by_barontieri.jpg]

    To this?

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/9x7jv.jpg]

    The brown filter kind of looks good on exterior scenes, but it really kills the TV station one for me

    /pets luka~

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM

    Twitter owns, as long as you follow the right people Lots of good stuff in there.

    My accounts:

    Personal: http://twitter.com/thiagoklafke

    Level design/level art related stuff: http://twitter.com/leveldesign

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2010 at 2:51 AM

    Chavvo rules, he's the new Nexus

  • References Thread

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2010 at 11:57 PM

    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14137&start=0

  • Thrik... And you thought,

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2010 at 12:27 AM

    Happy birthday thrik <3

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    Quote from 2d-chris

    [Blocked Image: http://www.go-optic.com/SUNGLASSES/IMAGES/jaguar_37316_340.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.perfumezilla.com/images_product/jaguar-after-shave-jaguar-after-shave-men617553.jpg]

    ohh yeah shag'a'delik baby!

    Nice glasses

    Gratzzz bram!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • June 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.labs.leveldesign.com.br/artigos_entrevistas/entrevista_daniel_luka.jpg]

    hanging out with some groupies~

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • May 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~2~d~~~~~~~~~~

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    Quote from Dark

    60hz isnt a con in my opinion. I don't like how movies, etc look on 120 hz, although games are slightly/ barely noticeably better.

    hmm a buddy has a 120hz samsung LED Tv and I think it looks amazing (for movies that is). I heard some people saying Sony's and Samsung's 120hz technology are the best, while LG's and Philips' are the worst. I saw a 120hz (240hz in fact) LG TV at the store and it looked horrible, full of ghosts and artefacts.

    In fact I went to the store only to get that LG TV but then I saw this Samsung next to it and it looked ridiculously better.

    I have only seen samsung and sony, but you know what I forgot about, its not actually the 120hz I dislike for movies, its the AutoMotion Plus processing which is actually adjustable and can be turned off. But if you like the soap opera effect, I guess keep it on.

    Yeah I think I know what you mean. I've seen Transformers 2 with AutoMotion at a store once and after 5 minutes it was starting to give me headaches. So annoying.

    I played with the TV settings again last night and man.. I couldn't get a better TV to play games at this price range. After proper tuning it looks a lot better than I had expected. It easily tops the 2008 Bravia we have at the office imo.

    So yeah if you are looking for a cheap and capable TV for HD gaming I highly recommend this one (Samsung C550 series)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2010 at 3:11 AM
    Quote from Dark

    60hz isnt a con in my opinion. I don't like how movies, etc look on 120 hz, although games are slightly/ barely noticeably better.

    hmm a buddy has a 120hz samsung LED Tv and I think it looks amazing (for movies that is). I heard some people saying Sony's and Samsung's 120hz technology are the best, while LG's and Philips' are the worst. I saw a 120hz (240hz in fact) LG TV at the store and it looked horrible, full of ghosts and artefacts.

    In fact I went to the store only to get that LG TV but then I saw this Samsung next to it and it looked ridiculously better.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    I made a little tutorial, hope it helps:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/tutorial_bend_en.jpg]

    As for the various textures on the same mesh I'm just using a multi/sub-object material with all my textures.

    When talking about precision you have to tell about Snap tool, snap to vertex and so on. When creating modular "puzzle" elements it's really important to keep the measures in proper values...

    Yes you can use snap to vertex/edit poly if you want. In fact I used to do that a lot but it's just a lot easier to move the gizmo until all vertexes align perfectly. You don't really need to move the gizmo by hand, you can use the up/down arrows in the transform tool! As I said, the more zoomed in you are in an ortographic view (top view for example), the more precise the tool gets.

    I got all the vertexes to align perfectly in that mockup scene without having to move any vertexes by hand after the bend

    i notice that the texture in the bend is slightly larger than on a plane. how do you go about solving this problem?

    Yeah it happens because I did a 1x1 curve in this example. Would be a lot less noticeable on a 2x2 curve.

    You can increase the tiling if you want but I don't think most people will notice it

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 30, 2010 at 2:04 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://media.shinyplastic.com/prodimg/samsung-550-lcd.jpg]

    kickass 40" TV to watch the world cup and play games

    Pros:

    - Cheap for what it does

    - Outstanding image quality (I compared this to a similarly priced LG and this one was a lot brigther )

    - Plays most video files from usb devices (mkv, divx, xvid etc)

    - 4 HDMI ports

    Cons:

    - 60hz

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Quote from seir

    I made a little tutorial, hope it helps:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/tutorial_bend_en.jpg]

    As for the various textures on the same mesh I'm just using a multi/sub-object material with all my textures.

    When talking about precision you have to tell about Snap tool, snap to vertex and so on. When creating modular "puzzle" elements it's really important to keep the measures in proper values...

    Yes you can use snap to vertex/edit poly if you want. In fact I used to do that a lot but it's just a lot easier to move the gizmo until all vertexes align perfectly. You don't really need to move the gizmo by hand, you can use the up/down arrows in the transform tool! As I said, the more zoomed in you are in an ortographic view (top view for example), the more precise the tool gets.

    I got all the vertexes to align perfectly in that mockup scene without having to move any vertexes by hand after the bend

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    Quote from deceiver

    I feel like a total fool asking this, but how do you get the tiled textures to follow the curved geometry like that (ceiling, floor, side "railings" on floor, etc.) and have the different set of tiled textures on the floor (layered textures and masks?).

    I made a little tutorial, hope it helps:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/tutorial_bend_en.jpg]

    As for the various textures on the same mesh I'm just using a multi/sub-object material with all my textures.

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Minos
    • May 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM
    Quote from Thrik

  • Mass Effect 2

    • Minos
    • May 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    I just finished it, the entire game is ruined for me because of the

    in the end, I can't believe how lame the ending was!!!

    lol yeah it's so ridiculous

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • May 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://queerscents.co.za/images/antoniobanderasblue.jpg]

    Very good perfume for its price! Definitely recommended!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Looks good Mino, but I don't get why everybody's saying it looks amazing. It's ok, but it looks very repetitive at the moment, could do with some variety.

    Yup this is just the base which I'll use to build the full scene later on. Repetition will be broken once I add props and stuff. Think of this as just the bare bones of the scene

    I also plan to achieve variety with lighting, which will be worked on once I import all of this to UDK. Cant wait to do that tbh, I'm pretty sure it looks like shit now compared to what it will look once I put this on UDK

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • May 26, 2010 at 2:58 AM

    think i'm done with this mockup, time to send the modular blocks to UDK to get a better idea of how this scene will look like

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_wallmockup05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_wallmockup08.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_wallmockup06.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™