1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    (skip to 1:10 if you want to see an epic moment)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 5:32 PM

    Bought a vuvuzela to annoy the crap out of people during the world cup!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.fifa2010products.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/vuvuzela-and-kuduzela.JPG]

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    max has a reference system that pulls in other max files, and you can update it whenever you want, I believe maya has this as well - multiple people can work on a single level, all referencing each other's files.

    Really? I always wondered if you could do that on Max How do you do it? XRefs?

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Quote from steyrboy

    Ken "steyrboy" Mayfield - Yager Development - Technical Artist

    Welcome!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 4:12 AM

    Tonights update:

    - New wall set

    - Using placeholder plant meshes by Epic at the moment

    - tweaked the floors diffuse map, which was way too dirty

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip04.jpg]

  • Mortal Kombat Rebirth

    • Minos
    • June 9, 2010 at 12:49 AM

    I dunno if I'm getting old for this kind of shit but that looks cheesy as hell...

  • 040409

    • Minos
    • June 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

    Spelly <3

    Kickass place dude

  • Brasil

    • Minos
    • June 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM

    Brasil FTW

    http://gawker.com/5556758/hot-new-dance ... eones-face

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Minos
    • June 8, 2010 at 1:37 AM

    Some features that come to mind:

    - Should be easy to group things together (I could never manage to group anything on Radiant...)

    - Easy instancing!

    - Snap to grid/rotate snap/scale snap

    - Ability to create solids for stuff like floors and ceilings

    - Real time lighting/fog/other effects preview

  • E3 2010

    • Minos
    • June 8, 2010 at 1:32 AM

    Hope they announce the little game I'm working on at E3 =)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM

    oh I didn't mean overgrown vegetation but stylish plant pots and this kind of stuff

    I might even make a few tests with a color scheme similar to what I had planned before starting the scene:

    [Blocked Image: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/073/8/1/Sci_fi_Corridor_by_thiagoklafke.jpg]

    nevermind the dudes, they look real fucking horrible lol

  • Brasil

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM

    And all that shit for some shitty 32 HDready tvs...

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    Quote from 2d-chris

    wonder if i should twitter a bit

    You definitely should

    Twitter is a very powerful tool, you just need to follow the right people! It's the easiest way to stay informed these days.

  • de_desolate

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

    I think you should go 2002 and rename your map to de_solate

  • genetic programming language

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 3:44 AM

    hehe nice, can't wait to see the internet filled with tutorials on how to create biological weapons and stuff You could even code your own personal zombie virus if this becomes a reality

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 7, 2010 at 2:57 AM

    First UDK test. I plan to fill this place with green and plants to give a nice contrast to the walls!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip02.jpg]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 6, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Oh man.. Spawn! I still have loads of the collected volumes.. I should re-read them sometime. Is that game any good?

    Dunno, the game looks kinda crappy but I've been wanting to play an Spawn game for ages

  • References Thread

    • Minos
    • June 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM
    Quote

    ":vjvrqjvg](This is my personal references library that I keep on MyDropBox, that way I can sync it with my home and work PC)http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2857307/ ... s?h=d2fdfb

    Cool. Is there any way to keep images at full resolution on DropBox?

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Minos
    • June 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    Quote

    ":20anm26m][Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/73621_deusexhumanrevopey3.jpeg]

    jeez that was fast

  • References Thread

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    Quote from jaboo224

    Hey mino... didnt you have that awesome collection of iraq reference images?

    Good call

    Lots of Iraq pictures I collected while working on ins_abdallah: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/references/iraq/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™