1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 20, 2010 at 12:19 AM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    [Blocked Image: http://thebetatester.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/mass-effect-pc-box-art.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mass_effect_2_pc.jpg]

    I am going to have some good days I think

    My favourite game of this generation (ME1) =)

    I'm sure you will be having some fun!

  • Designing for single player

    • Minos
    • June 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

    This is a very promising thread, keep it up guys =)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://multiplayer.com/catalog/images/img_001/red-dead-redemption-xbox360-mb.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM

    Starting to look good Vivi!!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM

    Kokos why are you not posting on mapcore anymore you're missed ://

  • Koth_DisneyWorld

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2010 at 1:39 AM

    For the last time SWATY - NINEAXIS: Keep this crap out of mapcore. Seriously. If you wanna fight go to a gay bar or do it via email.

  • References Thread

    • Minos
    • June 15, 2010 at 1:35 AM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    I have 2gb of level design references and all in JPEG format. Just no way of easily sharing it

    Dropbox =)

  • Koth_DisneyWorld

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    SWATY: Nice map. Could look better with some custom textures and a better backdrop though! Another problem is that the atmosphere/color palette doesn't fit the theme imo.

    This is the color palette that comes to mind when I think of disney:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Images/CartoonsMoviesTV/WaltDisneyWallpaper1024.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lisisoft.com/imglisi/5/Screensavers/55399big2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.startedbyamouse.com/graphics/gallery/SBCastleMorning1024.jpg]

    or maybe even Spirited Away, which valve used as inspiration for TF2 textures:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_Spirited_Away/spirited_away_001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://asteroid.cs.linfield.edu/~jengomp/Projects/Project%201/Images%20and%20links/Project1b/Images/spirited_away.jpg]

  • E3 2010

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Who's this annoying girl they have talking about Kinect? So fake!

    I'd do her anytime

    Kinetic looks amazing, it's much better than I expected =)

  • Fallout (New Vegas)

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM

    Looks ugly as hell but will probably be as fun as Fallout 3 =)

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-20 ... new/101172

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM

    Fallout 3 <3

    Love that game so much =)

    I'm tickled pink... the moon is yelloww

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.upenn.edu/computing/provider/pda/images/iphone/iPod_Touch.jpg]

    bought it cheap from a friend. Now gonna check that iphone games thread and download a few =)

  • Smoothing Group Trouble... Help needed!

    • Minos
    • June 14, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    Hey guys! I've been doing a quick normal map test, but I'm coming across a few issues with shading across smoothing groups. What's the best way to go about smoothing this piece? It has weird smoothing that seems to make it look like there are more triangles on the model than there really are!

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/Po…othingissue.jpg]

    I have a high poly model baked onto a low poly. Does the smoothing of the low poly before baking effect the normal map? I tried a few different smoothing groupings on it and tried baking new normal maps, but it looked the same each time.

    Cheers fellas.

    Are you using only one smoothing group for your low poly mesh? I see lots of people doing that and I never really understood why since the crappy 1-smoothing group low poly shading gets baked to the normal map as well.

    Max's normal map baker is kinda bad too, have you tried using xnormal for this?

    Check this out btw, i learned so much from this video:

    http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autode ... n-3ds-max/

  • indie game: rocket armadillo

    • Minos
    • June 13, 2010 at 11:41 PM

    Nice!

    Would be cool to actually make some 3d levels with obstacles and shit, instead of just an empty 2d background!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • June 13, 2010 at 11:33 PM

    Really nice chair. I think it's one of the best investments one can make. I got a good one last year but I'm getting a little tired of it, might sell it and buy a new one soon =)

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Minos
    • June 11, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Quote from Warby

    http://kotaku.com/5560810/george…mass-murdergame of the fucking year

    There's a computer screen with Cooper & Norman's site visible according to Klein

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Minos
    • June 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    fuck microblogging

    Somehow Sentura, I believe that if you ever make your own twitter it won't be a big success... You'll get a few followers that absolutely adore your posts and think they are the best shit ever, but most people won't understand them.

  • Fallout (New Vegas)

    • Minos
    • June 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM

    oh man, the latest media looks so horrible... this game is at a mediocre mod quality at best. I'm sure the mod community can put something together that looks better than that.

    http://kotaku.com/5560083/fallout-new-v ... /gallery/#

  • Mortal Kombat 9

    • Minos
    • June 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM

    yes... YES!!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    higher res trailer: http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-morta ... -brutality

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 10, 2010 at 1:38 AM

    Thanks everyone =)

    PogoP: I think I'll start a WIP thread for this scene instead of spamming this thread. I'll include a viewport grab from max with some of the modular assets in the next update then!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™