1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • I'M COMING FOR YOU

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2010 at 6:59 PM

    Cool!

    http://www.gravitysensation.com/sumotori/

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM

    It looks great but it seems like a huge amount of work for a simple prop. I dunno how much time people in the industry people usually have to make such a prop but I believe that with proper planning you could achieve the same result by trying to predict the final uv layout, model the HP on a 1x1 area, project the normals and AO to a plane and then mapping it on a simple mesh afterwards. Kind of what PhilipK does here. Not sure if that makes sense, I'm kinda slow today.

    Of course that is only valid for simple shapes like this barrel and if you are in a hurry

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • July 28, 2010 at 4:00 AM

    me hanging out with my 2 BFFs (I'm on the right)

    [Blocked Image: http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAEz3k2HlMUk8gzjFAiE-iFEqlVPzN5Hy19Njmjgw-hxcCpGdCl6v8v2ZAxaz3It8ulRFIbfZsizyhZg015xBuZQAm1T1UCdSjaUXTqKi7cnx3ydLG312trUQ.jpg]

  • sentura owns a store !

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    Quote

    ":2rvxrq1f]lolFunny this is, it can be read "sentura own studio", and it is... closed!

    i heard a few costumers thought it was the coolest store ever but most people didn't understand their products

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM

    Wrote this for someone on polycount. Should be obvious to some of you but most people usually use the nvidia plugin the wrong way!

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/normalmaptutorial1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/normalmaptutorial_comparison.jpg]

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    Quote from arhurt

    I'm leaving Ubisoft and joining Aquiris for their next project. They are a small developer who grew up with advergames and are now making the leap to entertainment games. Hint -> http://vimeo.com/channels/aquiris

    gratzz again

  • Starcraft 2

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM
    Quote from wacko

    While I may be seen as an arrogant ass on these here forums I just wanted to say thank you to my fellow mapcore friends. It has been 10+ years for some of us and if it were not for your constant pushing etc.. I would not be a part of this industry. So I honored you all with mention in the credits [Blocked Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs117.ash2/39173_1495321298928_1110937274_1430185_7812038_n.jpg]

    Sweet

    We should put references to Mapcore in every game we work on!!

  • peris, look here

    • Minos
    • July 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM

    And happy birthday to daniel platt too (voodoochopsticks)

  • Privates

    • Minos
    • July 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM

    Hurg Games first title has a release date: August 5th

    Check out the trailer:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • peris, look here

    • Minos
    • July 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.myorkutglitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/animated-birthday4.gif]

  • Hey kid.. want some... DIGITAL DRUGS?

    • Minos
    • July 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    I remember trying this stuff with Minos a few years ago. It totally doesn't work.... I tried a bunch of different ones, LSD, ecstasy, heroin..... also the kids in the news report are doing it wrong. you're supposed to turn off the lights and lean back and close your eyes while listening to the wav files. Anyway, it's useless. The only thing it did was waste a couple hours of my life. :roll:

    lol

    I like how they sell auto destructive .wav files as if they were "doses" in their site haha

  • Shyamalan new movie, Devil

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    Quote

    ":cy4on6fr]Hey wtf... where does all the hate comes from. His last 2 movies were bad indeed, but Signs, The Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable were fanstastic.

    LIRL

  • Shyamalan new movie, Devil

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM

    hehe I'd like to know why people even care about this guy, his movies suck!

  • death?

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    I don't know the pupose of your last post HP. This is not EOT. Besides that the idea of a higher conciousness is part of many philosophies and religions, including the big ones (look up "divine spark").

    I have similar beliefs.

    I do believe our consciousness lives on in some sort of energy-like state roaming the universe after death. Some religions call that "soul". However, I find it hard to believe that this energy-like state is sentient and driven by human emotions as they describe it. It's probably ruled by greater universal rules and as organic life is subject to evolution. These universal rules may be called as "God" by some religions.

    The way I like to see it is that every "soul" is born the simplest way possible and then, through evolution, progressively incarnates in more complex life forms around the universe.

    I once read a really far-fetched theory about Egyptians but it sounded pretty cool: The author claimed that the Egyptians were in fact former members of a nation in a much more advanced civilization somewhere else in the galaxy that were "sent" to Earth as a punishment for something terrible they did on their planet. That kind of fits with their obsession with Orion, after-life and their collapse.

    I have no proofs or religions to back up my theories but I like to see the universe my own way. Besides, that's a lot cooler than just blacking out and ceasing to exist!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • July 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM

    nice "pinto" stepp

  • Indie game : Ayla

    • Minos
    • July 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM

    Cool, loved the developer video

    I have some experience with Unity Free and it's great to see how you guys tackled the 3 most annoying things imo: No file versioning system, no lightmap generation tool and bad instancing support.

    Quick question: How long have you been working with javascript?

    Keep it up!

  • doomsday

    • Minos
    • July 13, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    I'll admit that I'm not really following the entire BP Gulf disaster that much, but I wasn't aware that there was a news blackout on it from the government, sounds very to me. Hope all this doomsday talk isn't true, sounds like a disaster on such a enormous level that I think the article is right about humans being unable to grasp it.Anyway, I'm gonna go get a beer

    Good call

  • death?

    • Minos
    • July 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM

    I just hope I can accomplish everything I want before dying!!

  • doomsday

    • Minos
    • July 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM

    shit

    Why is this in EOT?

  • Pirates of New Horizons

    • Minos
    • July 13, 2010 at 1:22 AM

    emos on testosterones

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™