1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 31, 2010 at 1:43 AM

    Thanks everyone

    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Looks awesome Minos! A few small things you could improve for your portfolio shots tho:In the first pic:

    - have some sort of futuristic skyline in the background to add more depth

    - reduce the brightness outside, right now it looks as if all the inside light sources arn't really necessary since the sun is still shining outside

    - use a different texture for each of the ads

    - the white font signs look super bright yet they don't seem to emmit any light to the surrounding.

    Nice points! I'll definitely improve the ads.

    Some people on polycount requested hi res pics, here they are:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip14.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip15.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip16.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip17.jpg]

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2010 at 3:34 PM

    pre-final screens. I really need to move on to another projects, getting kind of burned out on this one!

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_06.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_07.jpg]

    Modular pieces:

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_08.jpg]

    Texture maps:

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_09.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_11.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/thiagoklafke_scifienv_12.jpg]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 30, 2010 at 12:59 AM

    haterz gonna hate:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/black-nintendo-wii_11.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/SQqTkhEst47I7U06e4gYC9Vv8KBRkum99_ePz9MxtI7_B8OQWMICrpjZ9ztKHj-3qMk3c8La6QP8yTBsWo9lA7aS94Xiq3Mli3HtyKxStOeqSlZ9X-NxtsILAs7bHUX1NljhnVKgVBBOXiFqWJ53dNEpKSZvh8eI7msO6lq9Bk795FKyTOc]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/madworld-cover.jpg]

    having so much fun with madworld, everyone should play it =)

  • Jante Law - Scandinavian Communities

    • Minos
    • August 28, 2010 at 3:07 AM
    Quote from Henrik Alfredsson

    The Jante Law is both good and bad, in my opinion. You could say that the older generation (like my grandparents), act according to it more often than the younger ones do, but it's still there. The younger generation are more individualistic than the one previously, but are generally still rather humble about their successes (I'd like to think).In the group of friends I consider to be my main posse, there are both rather poor (like me, unemployed ) and proper rich. The difference might be that they have an apartment downtown, or take the boat out sometimes. But that doesn't bother me in the least, that's their life and I have mine. We are still very good friends and they both look and speak the same way I do so you couldnt spot the rich kids from the poor at a glance. Maybe I live in the sweet-spot, but its a way of life I like. Of course, there are those who really pimp their self out to show their wealth, but I reckon the "gap" is narrower than in for example USA (has much to do with the political system as well, we're almost commies compared to you )

    The kind of music is more important for a kid these days than the money you make or the success you have in life...

    The bad thing about the Jante law is that building a successful company could be frown upon by certain people, and I think that is very sad. Sweden need new businesses to function and we got the knowledge to do some rather amazing things, just get to it already!

    hehe if the whole world was like that life would be much easier

  • Lashkar Gah - Realtime Visualization

    • Minos
    • August 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

    That rules man

  • Games with lasting emotional impact

    • Minos
    • August 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    I felt like that when mass effect ended =) The first half of the game is great but the second half (virmire - ilos - citadel) are mind blowing!

  • Unearthly Challenge winners...

    • Minos
    • August 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    Very disappointing indeed. The 2d entries are nothing special, just the regular fantasy stuff one can find in CGTalk or something.

    Congrats robert~~

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 24, 2010 at 2:45 AM
    Quote from the0rthopaedicsurgeon

    i bought this for GT5[Blocked Image: http://www.fareastgizmos.com/entry_images/0208/20/Logitech_GT.jpg]

    and this because i saw a gif that looked amusing

    [Blocked Image: http://i32.tinypic.com/u69h4.jpg]

    A chinese western? lol

  • --> Low Budget Sci-Fi "GEMS" !!! <--

    • Minos
    • August 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM

    One of the best mapcore threads ever!

  • --> Low Budget Sci-Fi "GEMS" !!! <--

    • Minos
    • August 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

    Watched this the other day, the story was nothing special but it had some cool environments! And Sean Connery is fucking badass!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Looking excellent Minos! This would have landed you a job at Grin if it would still exist :/

    i'd go to Grin anytime now!!

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 19, 2010 at 3:06 AM

    tnx phil~d3~~

    Some of the modular pieces as promissed (still need to fix that issue with the lamps wesley pointed out):

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkassetsbreakdown_wip.jpg]

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Minos
    • August 17, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    OMIGOSH! Launch day, I'm scared!

    gratzzz good luck!!

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • August 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM

    Played that counterstrike gungame with peris last night, it was quite fun =) Downloading it to play @ ubi.

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 16, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    Quote from Tron

    It's a minor detail, but that vent texture up the top right corner bugs me, the vent passes through the roof apparently.

    Good call, I'll fix that.

    @Wesley: I really need to model some doors and signs but I got a little carried away with the lighting I've made countless versions of this level with different color schemes in the past 2 weeks and this is the one I'm happier with. I think I'll warm it up a little just like it was before though. As for the bent light: I'll fix that!

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • August 16, 2010 at 4:00 AM
    Quote from Defrag

    Started playing TF2 again with some friends.Good: They've added shitloads of content.

    Bad: It's now really bewildering. There's so many items and class loadouts + crafting that it took me a few weeks to know what everything was... Considering TF2 used to be very pick up and play friendly, I find this a bit odd. Valve know what they're doing as usual, though.

    I love the new items. They allow for very different playstyles and combinations. Example: I always hated the sniper until i mastered the huntsman! It's one of my favourite classes now.

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • August 16, 2010 at 3:47 AM

    Nice ideas guys, height variation is one thing i should definitely improve!

    Another update:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip09.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip11.jpg]

  • Quakecon 2010 in Dallas

    • Minos
    • August 15, 2010 at 2:23 AM

    ignoring HP's post

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • Minos
    • August 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    I saw plenty of atmosphere there, but then I also saw a Jules Verne flying city and someone saved from falling by a magic cloud of roses and an animated golem beating up a man. It was a shock (heh) to see the Bioshock series lean so hard towards fantasy after Bioshock 1 was all alt-history sci-fi.

    The flying roses thingy is not magic, it's plasmids!!

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • August 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    Quote from insta

    The Saboteur (good stuff, can never kill enough nazis)

    Yes! This game never interested much but then I saw a friend playing and was quite impressed. EA has done a horrible job marketing this game!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™