Why not? Go ahead and pull some all nighters, that's looking sweet, don't miss the deadline!!
Posts by Minos
-
-
Quote from Pericolos0just played this game for about four hours, it's fantastic!!!!!!!External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
yes!!! I cant wait to get back home and work on my own little realm.....
-
Started playing it today =)
A video of me chilling out in my cave:
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
That rules man. But turn on anti-aliasing on those screenshots

-
Trying to find that awesome white paper with all the lil tricks the SotC team came up with on the PS2...
Found it. This is a must read for all game artists. I think it's pretty well known now but maybe some people here have not seen it yet: http://www.bruno-urbain.com/resources/m ... f_sotc.pdf
-
Nice!! That's much better than the last one

You are gonna be huge one day m8...
-
Quote from n8braker
great game m8
too bad the versus campaigns aren't as epic as the first one's
-
Now that's finally a reason to buy a PS3. I never got around to finishing Shadow of the Colossus but it had one of the best environment art in PS2 games!
@HP: 60£ for a used copy? WTF? You can get a new one for 18 USD...
-
-
Kickass stuff man! I can't wait to actually see those two maps ingame.
I just saw this blog post of yours: http://www.wesleytack.com/?p=1123 And I can't agree more! Environment artists these days focus so much on making tiny lil bricks look good on zbrush that they forget to look at their environment as a whole, turning their levels into a huge mess both visually and performance-wise. It's so easier and faster to build big environments out of small but versatile material libraries!
-
-
Can't wait for the day when cars will be powered by electricity and have a speed limit of 60 km/h or something...
RIP
-
-
Quote from 3Dnj
Thanks, mino, i'll try some lighting changes asap. For the fog, there is no fog on the map, only on the skybox, because I had some trouble to match both correctly.
Try to set its initial position near the camera and the end position really far away, so the player never sees where the fog ends. Or you can set a lower global alpha value for the fog (0.7 or so). I think Source has that option

-
Not quite what you are looking for but I've been meaning to purchase this book for ages: http://www.amazon.com/Carrying-Fire-Ast ... 691&sr=8-5
-
Very nice! The interiors look pretty good.
My only complaint is that the level feels rather oppressive and scary. I don't think this kind of feeling is desirable in a TF2 map and maps like this (sawmill, doublecross) are often skipped by less experienced players.
Some other points I'd change:
- Light sources (on the exteriors) need to be stronger, in a way to help players navigate through the map.
- Since the map is so gray and dark your lights could be more saturated. That would create interesting contrasts and make areas lit by these lights more comfortable.
- Since you are going for a darker atmosphere you could try to have strong angled spot lights showing the player where to go. Valve does that a lot in HL2 maps. Example: Notice how this entire room is lit by only one strong light source.
- You could try to move the fog nearer the camera, to create interesting variations between foreground and background.
Hope it helps and good luck!
-
-
Yarr just tried it on Ubi's iPad and damn, it rules

-
Looks great technically wise but those environments look sooo generic... it's probably just another glorified tech demo by Epic.
-
Thanks everyone!
I'll do a final iteration before wrapping this up so please let me know what bothers you =)
Things I'll change:
- Adverts
- Make the text look back lit
- Add a simple backdrop
- Try to get a few unique elements here and there
- Tone down the lighting on the big room just a little bit (looks a bit overbright in some places)
Quote from seirCool!
