1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • The Dark Knight Rises

    • Minos
    • October 31, 2010 at 3:09 AM

    Sorry but I think these Batman movies are among the most overrated movies of the 2000s. :embarrassed:

    Tim Burton's Batmans FTW!

  • Bloody Good Time

    • Minos
    • October 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM

    Just bought it

    Mapcore steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mapcore

    (I'm the group's player of week, what the hell does that man? )

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • October 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM

    Awesome stuff Pogo!!!

    I'd darken the bright window frames of the building in the left. They create some sort of ugly high frequency noise due to the lack of texture filtering.

  • Going Abroad

    • Minos
    • October 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    Quote from Zombie

    Come move to Toronto Mino, and join our team!It's piss easy to get a visa to come to canada, ubi sorts out and these canadian type folk are really friendly to work with.

    I did apply to Toronto but they are only hiring senior people now. Our studio's HR manager did his best to relocate everyone but out of all people who applied, only one got a job so far (a senior programmer, he's starting in Toronto in December or January).

    What really spoiled my chances was that I had to rush to get my portfolio sent on time. I'll contact the recruiter soon when I have my portfolio updated.

    HP: I just got a little worried now for having dropped out of college when I came to Sao Paulo. I should have started another diploma but it's so damn expensive here that I'd rather go back to my hometown and finish the one I started. But then that would take another 2.5 years of my life

    It would also be nice if Dorothy shared her immigration experiences in this thread

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • October 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM

    I've also met my GF online. We've been together for 4 years now. The wonders of the internet generation~

    Go for it D3 *___^

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • October 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    I don't see how anyone would prefer Mass Effect 1 over Mass Effect 2. ME1 was certainly a good game, but ME2's changes were all for the better and most of the "RPG elements" removed where just streamlining (a term kind of abused usually), like walking around an empty height map for hours - a change Bethesda should look at.

    ME1 had better storyline, better soundtrack, a better ending and a better villain.

    ME2 is an awesome game, the combat and weapon upgrades are vastly improved but the ending is bad and I also miss exploration. Instead of removing exploration missions altogether Bioware should have improved them! Really miss that lil tank in ME2...

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • October 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM

    Buy yourself a pair of Wayfarer glasses. They do wonders these days from what I see

  • Going Abroad

    • Minos
    • October 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM

    I too am interested in this (sweden and canada mostly )

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • October 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Agreed, I really hate it when people are like "Oh yeah I saw that film with my girlfriend last week"... "I saw that film last week" will suffice, no one cares who you saw it with

    D3ads maybe its time you find a girlfriend?

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • October 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    Quote

    ":3h4cyut7]Yeah I know! I tried to play Mass Effect, but after 5 hours somehow I was getting really tired of it. I really need to give it another try, maybe I just wasn't In the mood. (But there sure is a lot of bla bla in that game! ;D)

    lol...infidel...

    Mass Effect is my favorite game of this generation, I was even thinking of playing it again the other day

    Saren is the coolest villain ever.

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • October 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/109209_jade-empire-cover.jpg]

    Bought it really cheap months ago but never got around to playing it. Been playing all weekend. What an amazing game. Just wish there was less conversation but the universe is so well crafted that it's ok. Bioware really know their shit!

  • Pintos photo thread

    • Minos
    • October 22, 2010 at 2:43 PM

    Kickass photos man

  • Sci-fi apartment complex (WIP UDK Environment)

    • Minos
    • October 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

    this is the last time I spam this thread I swear!!!1

    Most people hated the previous lighting scheme so I decided to go back to the scene roots. I'm finally satisfied with the lighting and this is the one that I'll settle for.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/scifi_udkwip19.jpg]

    Now onto the outside area and finishing touches and I can finally wrap up this environment and go work on something else!

  • Urban American City Block

    • Minos
    • October 22, 2010 at 2:35 AM

    I think you should definitely put this on UDK or other engine and take some real time shots to have a better sense of how the final product is going to look like.

    I like where this is going, keep it up!

  • The Human Centipede (i know old)

    • Minos
    • October 22, 2010 at 1:31 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Yea i've seen it. It's pretty crap.

    lmao

  • Thiago Klafke - Environment Artist

    • Minos
    • October 22, 2010 at 12:41 AM

    Thanks for the nice comments everyone

    skdr: PM sent

    Serenius: Updated the site with the changes you suggested

  • [GoW] Embry Station - Beta now available

    • Minos
    • October 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM

    Looking awesome, great use of the GOW assets!

  • Your favourite movies

    • Minos
    • October 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Don't update this very often but you can see some of my favourite here: http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?votehistory

    I'm a fucken idiot: http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=34468550

  • Thiago Klafke - Environment Artist

    • Minos
    • October 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM

    Portfolio redesign 2011:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/images_2011/th…m_dmzest_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/images_2011/th…ke_zestf_00.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/images_2011/th…ke_sleek_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/images_2011/th…abdallah_01.jpg]

    Portfolio can be accessed on http://www.thiagoklafke.com

    Hope you like it and let me know if you have any suggestions or find any typos!

    ~ Thiago Klafke

  • Your favourite movies

    • Minos
    • October 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM

    Don't update this very often but you can see some of my favourite here: http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?votehistory

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™