1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • Minos
    • November 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    I call Warby "Sönke" as well, but Frie is frie and zacker is zacker its weird

    My real name is my nick, so I got no problems there Except my irl friends keep making me nicknames all the time.

    I wish I knew how to pronounce your name.. I really wish

  • Rio de Janeiro - nov 25 2010

    • Minos
    • November 26, 2010 at 2:10 PM

    We are talking about BOPE here. I'm pretty sure they have all the equipment they need at their disposal. It may just be a tactical choice indeed.

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/BOPE1.jpg]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    A typical operation in a shanty town, with a SAS soldier participating. He looks like a pussy next to the BOPE men:

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d35_1227119082&c=1

    Traffickers escaping the shanty after BOPE invaded yesterday (how I wish the cops had an armed chopper at their disposal):

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    A map of the drug traffickers attacks:

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 0c8fde152b

  • Rio de Janeiro - nov 25 2010

    • Minos
    • November 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM

    Shit's hit the fan real quick. I hope BOPE goes into the shanty and kill all the traffickers!!!

  • A 3ds max tool for exporting Source models

    • Minos
    • November 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM

    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost ... ostcount=1

    Pretty cool and useful. If only he had released it 3 or 4 years ago...

  • Now playing 2010

    • Minos
    • November 24, 2010 at 5:00 AM

    I love Borderlands but the PC port is so crappy it drives me nuts. I had to hunt for workarounds to fix the extremely narrow fov (which gives me motion sickness sometimes), mouse smoothing, vysnc etc...

    A list of workarounds:

    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1463861

    Also: why the fuck do I have to connect to Gamespy to play the game?? That's fucking retarded since the game runs on Steamworks anyway.

  • The use of hotmail/gmail adresses in the industry.

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Not sure about Yahoo, but one nice bonus of Gmail is you can set up a (free) business account which lets you use your own domain for emails if you have one. For example, my various @ryanjohnwilliams.com addresses are all accessed through Gmail and are entirely hosted by Google — not just forwarded. Means you get excellent performance, resources, webmail client, etc for free.

    You can do that with Yahoo too It's really neat.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM

    hmm to be honest I'm quite satisfied with this celphone after using it for a bit. The interface is really neat and the keyboard feels really good. I love that it comes with everything I need, a browser, pdf reader, office lite, a decent camera etc...

    I tried running some games and they run like shit though. But I think they were made for the E71, which has a better processor. Do you know any good games for it?

  • Hourences.com redesigned - need interviews with level people

    • Minos
    • November 23, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    Quote from Froyok

    Personally, I preferred the old version, a little old-scool, but had much more charm and your own key. Currently it looks like any blog that can be found randomly on the internet. Nothing really stood out (and green in advertising on your books is really ugly with the orange/black).

    I agree. The old version was a little convoluted but it had your style all around Hourences.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • November 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Why did you buy that piece of crap? I have the E66 myself and its laggy and shitty as fuck. Only thing great about nokia is their norwegian autocompletion when writing, and you're not norwegian. I cant understand why someone would buy a nokia now with HTC spamming out android phones in every price range...

    It's the cheapest decent 3G phone I could get. As with everything else this shit is expensive as fuck here. It's a bit laggy indeed but I can browse my email, facebook etc... I never expected the phone to do more than that.

    I'm not a celphone person too, in fact this is the first celphone I ever bought in my life. I have been using left overs from my family as far as I can remember .

    I'd rather spend my money on games or booze I guess

  • The use of hotmail/gmail adresses in the industry.

    • Minos
    • November 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

    I can't believe people still use hotmail...

    Get a gmail or even better, get your own domain (its pretty cheap).

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • November 22, 2010 at 7:04 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://twe4ked.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/nokia-e63-1.jpg]

    My old celphone died on me after 6 years of hard work. RIP bro

  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

    • Minos
    • November 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM

    I'll wait until January to buy it. I heard through the grapevine that this game (among with many others) will be sold very cheap in Brazil during one day only in a campaign against the astronomical taxes for games we have here...

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • November 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Quote from hessi

    found myself on streetview. actually this image should be listed in pic extravaganza 2008, because that's the year in which this picture had been taken.[Blocked Image: http://thomashess.net/hessi_streetview.jpg]

    Your face looks a bit blurred

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • November 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Quote from Campaignjunkie

    Another school project; it's part of a Source mod that talks about game design. This one is about how games can make arguments and take on rhetoric / theory and make it accessible to players.I'm sure most of you will remember what was behind this door... Well in my homage to System Shock 2, this time the big reveal will be this god awful TED talk about "gamification" instead of

    . I think I'm going to have a sound designer distort his voice to make it all crazy. It'll be funny.

    But the level's also talking about what the level itself is doing -- for example, this homage helps the audience come to my side, like me saying "I'm a hardcore gamer too, I like SS2 too. Now watch this idiot talk." This is similar to a typical rhetorical gesture where, say, Obama talks in Indonesian slang at a speech in Indonesia to say, "hey I'm one of you."

    Figuring out how to build the room and do the same stuff as in SS2 is proving to be fun / tricky.

    (using a modded version of PhilipK's PK02 set)

    (yeah, the specular on the door is wacky)

    Display More

    Dude that's a lot of text for a simple corridor Looks good anyway!

  • Minecraft

    • Minos
    • November 16, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58109

    that looks better than the default pack

    Anyone using custom packs? I'm tempted to use one (or maybe even make one) but I'm afraid it will break with every new update.

  • Minecraft

    • Minos
    • November 15, 2010 at 2:05 AM

    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=58109

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Minos
    • November 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Quote from 3Dnj

    Surprise ! [Blocked Image: http://www.minerality.fr/images/stock/tofmoi.jpg]

    Are you Kokoz's brother?

  • ZeniMax Acquires Ex-Starbreeze Founder's Studio Machinegames

    • Minos
    • November 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    Ah damn. Then I have said something wrong in my email for a job application ^^ Haha

    lol, sorry about that

  • ZeniMax Acquires Ex-Starbreeze Founder's Studio Machinegames

    • Minos
    • November 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Quote from Evert

    Where does it say they are making a riddick game tho minos?http://www.machinegames.com

    It seems the blog I got that news from (What the Christ?) was wrong about the Riddick part:

    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3134 ... egames.php

  • ZeniMax Acquires Ex-Starbreeze Founder's Studio Machinegames

    • Minos
    • November 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    Quote

    A new Chronicles of Riddick title is under development thanks to a recent deal through which the series’ developer, MachineGames, was acquired RPG powerhouse Zenimax.The new game will be powered on the same engine behind Rage, Quake V, and Doom 4. That’s not surprising considering that Zenimax also owns id Software. Here’s hoping that the team at MG taps some of Bethesda’s talented writers to help with the story.

    Great news for the Swedish industry!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™