Quote from Evert
I wanted this one
[Blocked Image: http://mundorare.com/news/wp-conten…e-dam-after.png]
just read about that. oh man ![]()
Quote from Evert
I wanted this one
[Blocked Image: http://mundorare.com/news/wp-conten…e-dam-after.png]
just read about that. oh man ![]()
Please make more of this ![]()
I've just played Goldeneye on Wii thinking it would be the good ol N64 game with better graphics but guess what? It feels like another Call of Duty title. Fuck you activion.
That looks rad!
I remember when I was working on a DS game for a major game company and the marketing department asked for screenshots. The story goes like this: We provide them a bunch of raw images (256x192, which is DS's screen resolution), marketing team in another country thinks the screenshots are too low res, upscales them to 2000x2000 and adds lens flare to make pics look better.
My recommendation to the above company: Hire someone who actually have a culture in games to do your marketing ![]()
Wasn't the last movie a reboot too? I fucking hate this new "reboot" trend going on in the movies and games industry. Fucking come up with new heros guys ![]()
![]()
Quote from FuryoExcept the CRTC is run by the ISP CEOs collectively. That's the most stupid part of this whole thing, the agency that's supposed to regulate the market and protect the consumers are run by the CEOs of the existing ISPs who are fixing up prices and services (all major companies that have a seat at the CRTC all offer the same packages at the same price).
Sounds like Brazil ![]()
Anyway, signed the petition!
here's a pic from later that night, I was drunk and went to a karaoke ![]()
![]()
![]()
That looks really sweet. Did you do the lighting too? Are all of those PhilipK's meshes?
I find it generally quicker to achieve good results in Source because the vrad tool is pretty simple. Just set the sky and shadows color and the intensity of the light_environment and you are go. Now on Unreal you need to play with hundreds of variables until you are satisfied with the results. I remember spending at least 2 full weeks only tweaking the lightmass settings in my Sci-Fi scene (the interior one) until I got the result that I wanted ![]()
So basically stay away from exaggeration:
- Post process (unless used subtly) is a big no-no
- Keep high-frequency noise in your normal maps minimal
- Use glossiness maps to define your specular maps better
- Tone down SSAO until it's pretty subtle (like 0.3 or so)
- You can also add a postproccess chain to access the default postproccess values and crank up saturation a little bit. By default all UDK maps are desaturated by 20% if I recall correctly.
Another great feature in Source that you will never get in Unreal is the cubemaps thing. In Unreal you need to assign a cubemap to each material, so unless you create multiple instances of the same material you are restrained to only one cubemap for material. Just take a look at a game like Mass Effect, the cubemaps are pretty simple and generic!
I also could never get the HDR tone mapper to work in Unreal like it does in Source. Does anyone know if that's possible?
Thanks dudes! I'm calling this Slick & Hipster Sci-Fi Building from now on!!
Hi Mapcore! I just thought I could post some screengrabs from a little building I'm working on. My goal with this is to make a clean & stylish building. So far I have the first floor done and I hope to have the rest of the building done soon.
This is rendered inside UDK with a simple direct light casting dynamic shadows.
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy03.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy04.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy05.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy06.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy07.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy08.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy02.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_beatuy01.jpg]
Some of the materials:
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_materials01.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_materials02.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/b_materials03.jpg]
Please let me know what you think!
Great entries guys! I specially liked Reno's, KT's and Lunaran's!
I hope I'm able to participate in the next one ![]()
I tried to play Dead Space on Steam last night but it was very frustrating. Next to Borderlands this must be the worst console port ever. The FOV is horribly narrow and the mouse is super laggy. I'm playing with the Xbox Controller, which is much better than WASD + Mouse, but I gave up after 10 minutes or so into the game. The FOV gives me nausea ![]()
Such a shame, it looks like a great game and has some really great materials.
Quote from 2d-chrisit's not better than kismet, i'd say equal ;P Safe to say you can do almost anything you want, check out the mirrors edge movement in crysis 1 - was done in flow graph.
[Blocked Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ipGWJEoryC4/TJbZ1df7nAI/AAAAAAAAAOM/oPLiMExANJs/s400/10726_screen_841d806fd1f9758dbbed5b4dbfcccfe3.jpg]
![]()
Quote from DarkWhy weren't you in the blast D3ads, I thought u were everywhere?
Kidding aside, its really awful this shit is still happening so often. Its infuriating actually.
Well it's not surprising at all. Russia does horrible things to other countries and that is enough reason for people to get fed up with the situation and blow their shit up. Russia had it coming and they knew it.