1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • What are you playing now?

    • Minos
    • February 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM

    Nice SpeedTrees

    The game was fun until I got to Mexico. Since then I can only be arsed to play it now and then.

  • What are you playing now?

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM

    I played Donkey Kong Returns with a friend this weekend and man, I hadn't had that much fun in a local game for years!! Definitely worth buying.

  • --> Low Budget Sci-Fi "GEMS" !!! <--

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2011 at 3:17 AM

    omg i loved this movie so much as a kid:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Crysis 2

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM

    I've just watched a little bit of footage and man, that shit looks so real it's overwhelming.

    The game didn't look very interesting (visually speaking) on the screenshots released so far, but after seeing everything in motion I'm more than hyped for this game.

  • pc editor for littlebigplanet

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM

  • What are you playing now?

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM

    Look for videos on youtube on how to play the game.

  • Stop The Meter On Your Internet Use

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

    Awesome, it's so good that things work that way in Canada.

    If that happened in Brazil I'm pretty sure everyone would complain, create petitions and have half the population sign but it wouldn't make a difference in the end. I'm yet to see a government decision about teles that benefits consumers, since these government agencies are run by the same people who run the teles.

    People keep saying that Brazil will be a 1st World country in the future but I really doubt that. I believe this county has grown all it could without a decent educational system so far. I believe in the next few years the talented and skilled people of this country will keep moving out (as they have done for the past 20 years) and more and more foreigners will come to work in key areas, because our educational system is a joke and can't prepare enough qualified people to supply the country's demands. So here's a tip: If you have a diploma in engineering or anything related to oil and infrastructure consider moving to Brazil in the next years. You will certainly get rich rather quickly and even rule a small bit of the country if you are smart enough.

  • Building Texture Sets

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2011 at 3:10 AM

    Trial and error.

    One thing you can do is try to use the same base for all your textures, this way they will all look a bit similar.

  • Dear Esther Getting Commercial Release

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2011 at 3:49 PM

    Isn't ModDB a troll pit full of weird HL1 russian mods? Your real friends are at Mapcore Robert

  • totally random texture thread

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2011 at 3:43 PM

    The cracks don't make sense, I'd just remove them altogether. Notice how the middle area of your tiles is all cracked and the edges are perfect. If you want to have cracks on the texture you will also need broader gradients, suggesting more structural damage. Right now it seems that someone grabbed a knife and cracked the tiles

    The diffuse/specular look pretty good though!

    PS: your green channel is inverted.

  • Crysis 2

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 11:59 PM

    Crysis 2 leaked footage. This level shows Manattan, and some of the destruction enabled in the game.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Upgrading CPU without doing a fresh install of Windows?

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM

    I've been monitoring the temperature with RealTemp all day and things seem to run fine now with the two extra fans. The CPU is usually running on 48ºC and peaking on 60ºC. That's fine I guess, considering it's summer here!

    Thanks everyone!

  • Dear Esther Getting Commercial Release

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 7:56 PM

    Where's the pre-order button?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    Quote from seir

    Similiar to this one. I'm changing my style, more elegant I guess [Blocked Image: http://www.zappos.com/images/755/7552247/10757-937454-p.jpg]

    Looks pimp!

    I need to get a watch too, but I need a job first!

  • POLL: The next MapCore challenge...

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    Haha votes are all 33,3%.EPIC

    Let's have 3 challengs at the same time then

  • Upgrading CPU without doing a fresh install of Windows?

    • Minos
    • February 11, 2011 at 12:23 AM

    Hey I think I'm playing the idiot here. I noticed there are two different CPU temperature values:

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/cputemp.jpg]

    Which one should I pay attention to? I did a quick google search but I only got conflicting information about this.

    Edit -

    I installed Real Temp and it gives 48ºC idle while HWMonitor gives 54ºC.

  • Pontus Karlsson - Environment Artist

    • Minos
    • February 10, 2011 at 11:57 PM

    Love your work man, the new site looks great.

  • [l4d2] DROP DEAD GORGES vs. campaign

    • Minos
    • February 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

    Looks fun!

  • Arg, do want internet tech advice plx

    • Minos
    • February 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM

    Can't you threaten to cancel the service if they don't fix it? That's what I do when I have similar problems, doing that works 99% of the times here in Brazil

    I even got a monthly 70% discount for one year on my cable tv bill because I threatened to cancel the service lmao

  • POLL: The next MapCore challenge...

    • Minos
    • February 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

    3x 512x512 textures plz.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™