1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Smugglers Wreck + misc

    • Izuno
    • July 1, 2005 at 7:55 PM

    My parents have been to Greece several dozen times for vacation. And I do mean several dozen. They've been to Zakynthos more than once, but never have any of the pictures they've brought back shown this. Sweet shots.

  • War of the Worlds....

    • Izuno
    • June 30, 2005 at 7:16 PM

    i definitely liked it...though maybe not quite as much as some people here but to anyone who hasn't seen it, you should go see it.

    I think Speilberg's take on it is interesting, as his motif has always been family and redemption. This movie is no different and at its core it is about a family surviving an impossible crisis. On that level he proved once again why he is one of the best filmmakers evararererr.

    Dakota Fanning once again did a great job, though this was the first time I've seen her play a character who wasn't wise beyond her years in every way. Go watch "Taken" on DVD (Sci-Fi channel original movie)...also a Speilberg project.

    Honestly if I hadn't read the book I might have felt a little flat about the ending...but whatever go see it.

    SPOILER:

    OMG WHEN BRUCE WILLIS COMES OUT WITH HIS DUAL ROCKET LAUNCHER CHAINGUNS AND FIGHTS THE ALIENS AND GODZILLA AT ONCE OMG THAT WAS THE BESTEST EVER ESP WHEN HE SAYS "SEE YOU IN HELL, ALIENS" ...BESTEST WRITING EVER!!!!

  • Job ~~

    • Izuno
    • June 29, 2005 at 5:13 PM

    tilde

    here's some advice: it's all about the games you work on. get on good games, your career will usually progress faster. so ghost recon 3 is not a bad game to start on.

  • Valve Developer community wiki launches

    • Izuno
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:18 AM

    Relic has a developer network, too

  • Marketing for Artists

    • Izuno
    • June 24, 2005 at 6:13 AM

    um....what klein said.

  • Sin City *movie*

    • Izuno
    • June 22, 2005 at 6:21 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    I thought it was almost entirely a crappy movie with only a few really good parts.Come on! The dialogue was absolute drivel with people spewing it like sour milk all over your mothers drapes. It was just absolutly blah to me. Sure some of the visuals were cool but on the greater whole they were mostly just normal old black and white noir looking stuff.

    Man you guys should check out Chinatown if you want noir.

    Atleast that movie's good.

    Funny my reaction was also meh for similar reasons, but it's pretty clear the filmmakers knew how it would land when they made it. The intention was to make it feel like it was a literal port of the comic book to the big screen. That means really cheesy bad dialogue and over the top action/visuals. I mean it definitely had a tight style and they kept it pretty consistent, so I'd say the accomplished what they intended. Personally, I don't care for comic books that much so the less a movie about a comic book or comic book character feels like a comic book the better.

    Case in point: the latest Batman movie blows away all the previous 4.

    Anyway, there was some cool stuff in Sin City like that Japanese assassin chick and Jessica Alba's...everything.

  • I went to Poland and all i got you was these lousy photos

    • Izuno
    • June 20, 2005 at 8:26 AM

    yes...good story.

    these pictures remind me of the pictures I've seen of Ukraine in the area around Chernobyl.

  • The dangers of unions and the halt of the game industry

    • Izuno
    • June 20, 2005 at 8:22 AM

    feck....zilla beat me to the punch.

    my recent dealings with voice actors has been to pay a negotiated wage above scale. Finaly $ amount came down to what "known" actors were willing to work for, simple as that. As for residuals, none of them even dared to demand that.

    Voice acting in games is, at least right now, not nearly as important to the overall quality of a game as voice acting is for an animated movie, and not even in the same universe as is for regular acting in a live action movie.

    Interesting points about unions in general is that today, the fact that a particular field is unionized is purely inheritted. In the past the field unionized and it remains so due to inertia. Doesn't mean it's a good thing. Times and economic realities change...go through cycles and such. Sometimes a union may be good if an employer is really abusing it's employees. Down the road, that union may become corrupt and stagnant and not reflective of the true market value of employment of that field.

    So there will probably be efforts to unionize in the gaming industry, but then why not investment bankers, tax accountants....meh....

  • the "mr and mrs smith" was better than batman thre

    • Izuno
    • June 20, 2005 at 8:13 AM

    didn't see the smith movie.

    just saw Batman tonight....and by far it was the best Batman film I have ever seen. It was really good, especially compared to all the crap I've seen lately.

    Speaking of crap...I took my dad, my sister and my niece out to the movies in the afternoon and saw Madagasgar. I can't believe the people who made Shrek made this steaming pile of crap.

    Anyway, so I can't compare Batman to the smith movie cause I didn't see the latter, but based on what I've heard about it, I ain't gonna bother.

    I hope they make another Batman movie the way they made this one.

  • Why I Both Love and Hate Taco Bell

    • Izuno
    • June 17, 2005 at 8:36 AM

    my god this thread owns.

    maybe it's a good thing i decided to cut out taco bell and most other fast food (except for In n Out on the way to Vegas).

    Gotta hand it to Taco Bell for continually innovating product.

    (if the same shit redone a million ways counts as 'innovation'.)

  • GBX Softball

    • Izuno
    • June 16, 2005 at 9:13 PM

    yeah that happened to me at summer camp when i was like 12 or something...fortunately my glove deflected some of the energy.

  • Students’ BB gun science project banned

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2005 at 7:51 PM

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8186856/?GT1=6657

    Quote

    AMHERST, Mass. - Two eighth-graders who spent months working on a science project to prove how dangerous BB guns can be were disqualified from the state middle school science fair. The reason for the dismissal: BB guns are too dangerous.

    Discuss.

  • GBX Softball

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2005 at 6:18 PM

    isn't always true that if you nab 99/100 fly balls in a season, the one you miss is what get's captured on film? at least the glove is over your face.

  • star wars

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2005 at 6:22 PM
    Quote from GrayFox

    Music: Yes

    Animation: HOLY SHIT ITS NEW

    edit. I mean i have seen this before with old animation

    I posted this "new" animation about 6 months ago and it was labelled OOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yeah....didn't know the animation was that old. Still, pretty good job they did.

  • star wars

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2005 at 10:21 PM

    http://darkmolive.free.fr/animationrapstarwars.htm

    "Impressive."

  • Apple does WHAT?

    • Izuno
    • June 8, 2005 at 6:04 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    And anyone working on a Xenon* title. Dev kits are G5s.

    *I still refuse to refer to it as the xbox 360. Boo marketing focus group!

    Yeah everyone has been saying "Xenon" for the last year, even though Microsoft was saying "shut up!!!" about the word "Xenon"...I like it better than Xbox 360, but from a mass-marketing point of view it actually makes more sense to have "Xbox" in the title of the, um, sequel to the original Xbox console. Nice thing about PlayStion is that PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 etc all roll of the tounge at you have a very easy to remember name. Eventually the numbers may get confusing, who knows.

    So KFS, did you get beta kits yet? They gotta be hitting the big studios working on big projects by now. FAST FAST FAST thems are I hear.

  • request: need a flag model in maya

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2005 at 1:51 AM

    Need 3D flag model examples or tutorials in Maya. Google hasn't produced much at all.

    When I say "flag" I mean like a flag waving in the wind on a flagpole.

    Anyone have any suggestions? I'll go back to google, but time is of the essense and I figure the model experts here might know where to find and quick. I'm not a Maya expert, so i do appreciate any the help you can offer.

    (not asking anyone here to make me a flag model, just point me to links/tuts if you know of any)

    thanks

  • The Best Song Ever Thread~

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2005 at 3:13 AM

    ooooh!

    Led Zeppelin - Ramble On, Stairway to Heaven...and like a million more songs by them

    U2 - Bad (live at Wembley Stadium in UK), Pride, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, One Tree Hill....man so many more

    Eagles - Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane

    CCR - Born on the Bayou

    Chemical Brothers - Galvanize (yeah...new song, but a current favorite)

    ...damn i gotta get to my mp3 collection and get back to this.

  • star wars

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2005 at 2:44 AM
    Quote from GrayFox

    But that guy hates the entire saga, so that "review" is all bullshit to my ears/eyes.

    indeed. still, a funny review from a hater.

  • star wars

    • Izuno
    • May 31, 2005 at 8:52 PM

    well i still enjoyed the movie overall, but here is one guy who clearly did not.

    fyi, this has some spoilers in it so don't read in case you haven't seen yet:

    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... u=episode3

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™