1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Jarhead

    • Izuno
    • November 7, 2005 at 11:41 PM

    yeah, i get the whole thing he was going for. it was as well made movie, but i don't think mass audiences will appreciate as much, though that doesn't really matter all that much. i think that a lot of what he's trying to say is going to get lost on a lot of people which is really a shame.

    for one, i think he clearly illustrated just how pointless the gulf war was to a lot of those soldiers, and how devestating it was in its own way.

    the sad thing is many people are going to say "that's it?" after seeing it and feel like it's a let down. the main problem is that the movie doesn't really "accomplish" anything in a traditional sense. you don't feel like it has a great structure, so the typical movie goer would feel kind of flat.

    that said, i think it is a very important movie and sam is cleary a brilliant filmmaker, just this movie won't do it for the majority of the masses.

    hooray for doing your own thing!

    (American Beauty was better!)

  • Anyone live in or near San Francisco?

    • Izuno
    • November 4, 2005 at 3:12 AM

    doh. I live in LA. Not sure what my plans are for that week yet. Have fun!

  • Happy Hallowweeeeen!

    • Izuno
    • November 1, 2005 at 10:18 PM

    man you guys went all out. good to see IR enjoying North America~!

  • Worst drought in years hit the amazon rainforest area

    • Izuno
    • October 26, 2005 at 9:38 PM
    Quote from Kosmo

    Why these natural disasters keep happening? Can't we just go by a month or so without some sort of large scale attack from nature?

    Gaia theory: the Earth is an orgamism with defense mechanisms.

  • Are you going to change webbrowser?

    • Izuno
    • October 7, 2005 at 3:30 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome
  • Woman countersues RIAA for fraud.

    • Izuno
    • October 6, 2005 at 6:45 PM

    now we wait to see what is actually true.

    regardless, something is rotten in Denmark.

  • Hello from Nippon!

    • Izuno
    • October 6, 2005 at 5:40 PM

    i haven't been to japan. i want to visit!

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 5, 2005 at 5:26 PM

    ...and NIN >>> everything

    but that's just IMHO.

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2005 at 11:38 PM

    what's emo?

    and if Lifehouse isn't emo, what is Lifehouse? i've just never heard of it.

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2005 at 9:43 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Who?

    Lifehouse

    Who?

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2005 at 5:35 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    Saw Lifehouse on May 31. Was awesome!

    Who?

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2005 at 12:53 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    All the bands I really wanted to see in concert dont exist anymore (alice in chains, rage against the machine, prodigy)

    indeed. Hence, you can understand how glad I am to have finally seen probably my favorite modern musical group of all time.

  • NIN at Hollywood Bowl...BEST. CONCERT. EVARRR..

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2005 at 6:05 AM

    Last night my cousin and I went to the Hollywood Bowl to see Nine Inch Nails. By far this was the best live entertainment I've ever been do. I've never seen NIN in concert before, and this was a real treat.

    You could feel the buzz in the air. The set design was pretty amazing. They opened with this screen in front of the stage that was see-through and backlit so you could see the band's outlines from the lighting. Then it came up and I was just blown away.

    They played most of With Teeth, but threw in a lot from past albums. Just about every song kicked ass...and people were grooving, dancing, singing along. Seeing NIN in concert was pure joy. Highights of the songs the played:

    Opened with Pinion from Broken

    (and the following is not really in order and I am certainly missing some):

    You Know What You are / With Teeth

    The Hand that Feeds / With Teeth

    Only / With Teeth

    Reptile / Downward Spiral

    Hurt / Downward Spiral

    Head Like a Hole / Pretty Hate Machine

    Beside You in Time / With Teeth

    Closer / Downward Spiral

    Terrible Lie / Pretty Hate Machine

    March of the Pigs / Downward Spiral

    Eraser / Downward Spiral

    Sin / Pretty Hate Machine

    Only / With Teeth

    Wish / Broken

    There were more songs...it was just a blur and I had so much fun I'm still thinking about it.

    One thing I must say is that while any NIN fan knows Trent Reznor has some very deep, interesting thoughts about relationships, culture etc...I'm finding that I hear each song on multiple levels. If you listen from a perspective about relationships and women you hear one thing. If you from a perspective of culture, capitalism, corporate America (like me) you hear some other things. Seeing him perform live gave me new energy about his music and how far reaching his ideas stretch. He has never publicly discussed politics or anything, but I interpret him as someone who is deeply pained and saddened by the state of the world and wants to do something about it, but doesn't neccessarily know what to do. I think a lot of people identify with that and find self expression through his music.

    Kinda rambling, but I'm really glad I went to the show (not I had ever inteded not to once I bought the tix).

  • The Weapons of Quake4

    • Izuno
    • September 30, 2005 at 4:22 AM

    nail guns rule!

  • Dumb Design vs Intelligent design

    • Izuno
    • September 29, 2005 at 8:05 PM

    Seems to me that "Intelligent Design" is a term that was applied to creationism in the last couple of years to make it sound more marketable to the scientific community.

    Further, it seems like the sudden use of "Intelligent Design" rather than "Creationism" implies, IMHO, that someone in the creationism camp hired a marketing consultant to find a better way to get their message out.

    Obviously I am speculating wildly, but that's just the flavor of this whole debate that I'm getting that there is such zeal/furvor behind creationism on some people's parts that they will go to great lenghts to convert, er convince, you.

    I dunno...not sure what I'm trying to say except the arguements and methods of arguing used by ID proponents gives me this feeling like they are trying to convert me or sell me or shill me or just something that says underneath it all they don't give a shit about my personal opinion as long as I adopt their view.

    I get the same feeling when I hear much of the furvor coming from people arguing the 'pro-life' side of the abortion debate.

    Anyway, I have digressed off topic.

  • WTF is up at house that Doom built?

    • Izuno
    • September 29, 2005 at 6:33 PM

    The sad truth is that this kind of thing happens all the time in corporate america, where people get forced or fired or resign or whatever because of personality conflicts, misguided expectations, or just diverging interests over time. Happens with rock bands, celebrity marriages, etc.

    In hollywood studios and game companies, it also happens all the time. I'm not surprised that something like this happened at iD. It doesn't really mean anything in my opinion, it's just how things go sometimes.

    Anyway, I just ran though my copy of today's WSJ, but I couldn't find this article in the 10 minutes I had to search for it.

  • "Hey man, you got a job!"

    • Izuno
    • September 28, 2005 at 11:22 PM

    mapcore to the extreme! congrats!

    maybe with all these mapcorians in the industry, games will increase in overall quality across the board.

  • So who else is waiting for DoD:S

    • Izuno
    • September 28, 2005 at 11:20 PM
    Quote from mike-0

    wow, thats awesome. donner was ugly as hell in 1.3.

    lol yeah. lots of our maps were ugly, especially mine. but damn was 1.3 donner fun. i haven't played the source version yet. every time i've played last 2 days has been ava and anzio. le sigh.

  • :(

    • Izuno
    • September 28, 2005 at 7:19 PM

    if this had happened in America, Jack Thompson would have filed a class action law suit against Rock Star on behalf of the girls' families.

    seriously...how tragic. ...not sure what else to say.

  • Post your Place Extravaganza

    • Izuno
    • September 28, 2005 at 7:11 PM
    Quote from Phatsniper

    Your Splinter Cell poster's upside down.Laff.

    Really nice place, I'd love to have that amount of light bounce around my rooms (expect my bedroom where my curtains are always closed, damn glare).

    Actually no. Look close. Part of UbiSoft's marketing campaign (especially the magazine ads) were the upside down imagery of Sam Fisher.

    Damn..i still haven't played SC:CT. Kleineh send me a copy for Xbox!!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™