1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Burrr its cold in here

    • Izuno
    • January 4, 2006 at 6:02 PM

    sweet! congrats!

    Tilda~4~Lief

  • Hammer is more than just a level editor...

    • Izuno
    • January 4, 2006 at 5:23 PM

    While driving up to Tahoe for New Years I happened to notice this sign. Luckily I was more prepared on the drive back and had a little digital camera handy:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/bin/hammer_sign.jpg]

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 4, 2006 at 5:19 PM

    actually Klein and I are both internet bots. We are nothing more than code on computers out there and that picture was generated in PhotoShop.

    Klein, did you tell them about the car towing experience you had?

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2006 at 6:50 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    you didn't mention the part where you came home the next morning and your apartment was on fire.

    right. At least you didn't drink the bottle of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vodka I have.

  • The official: What's your new years resolution?

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2006 at 6:37 PM

    Rather than make resolutions, I set goals that are speficic and measurable. Further, I learned this about the nature of goals:

    Many people think about big picture goals of whom they want to be. They say: I want to be wealthy, a leader, content, happy, smarter, more educated, etc... So in order to be those ways they think they need to have more things like money, a better job, more education, a better relationship etc. So in order to have those things they go out and do thinks like work harder, spend more time with family, see a doctor about quitting smoking etc... And that's all fine. They see the world as Do -> Have -> Be. And that can sometimes work very well.

    But consider that the true nature of goals is Be -> Do -> Have. In other worders, if you simply (and boldly) assert with no evidence that you are a certain way to other people, you'd have to do the things that are consistent with that way of being if you are to stay in integrity. Out of doing what's appropriate for a person who is the way you declared yourself to be, you will then have results consistent with that way of being.

    It's pretty much semantics, but think about this:

    1) Setting goals that have specific, measurable results are very powerful and work exactly with the be-do-have view.

    2) Consider that your toughest goals are tough because they require the most effort to transform who you are in the world (your outlook on life, attitude, etc)

    3) If you boldly assert you are a certain way to your friends/family/coworkers, they will more likely listen to you as if you are that way and more likely will hold you to account for what you said, thereby you will have more motivation to stay true to what you said and actually do the things you need to do.

    BOTTOM LINE:

    State your specific, measurable goals for 2006 to other people out loud...don't just email them or say them to yourself.

    Thus, I set goals for what I want to accomplish by the end of 2006, rather than resolutions. Examples:

    - have kept a weekly log of my excercise activities. (measured in an Excel spreadsheet)

    - be able to curl at least 50% more weight (two sets of 10 reps) (measured by actually performing it)

    - get engaged to my girlfriend and set a date for a wedding in 2007 (measured by the ring I'll have to put on her finger and a date set in a calender, communicated to our families)

    - lead a seminar on project management and work/life balance with my older sister to a room full of professional type people (accountants, IT managers, business analysts, creative people, exuctives...etc etc) (measured by whether we did it or not)

  • HAPPY NEW YEAR, MAPCORE!!!!!!

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2006 at 5:52 PM

    Happy New Year!

    Just got back from Tahoe with my girlfriend. All that rain in northern California? Yeah...it hit is. Lots of rain instead of snow at the lake level where we were...only got to ski on our last day but at least we got out there.

    w00t! and today is my birthday. Mapcore for lief! ~~~~

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2006 at 5:42 PM
    Quote from Lurker

    You let him sleep at your place without your even being there? Wow, internet trust. It's very rare

    Well...yeah...Klein is a good guy and I wanted to help him out since hotels in LA at new years last minute are jacked up rates, unless you want to sleep in a dump.

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2006 at 5:23 PM

    ugh...

    shocker is not really gangsta...ever go to http://www.collegehumor.com ?

    bah anyway...it was cool to meet Klein. He crashed at my place while I crashed at my girlfriend's place...so no threat of shocker to Klein (which would imply he's a woman... :roll:

    anyway, happy new year!

  • Mapcore Mappack (i.e. Mapkorpak)

    • Izuno
    • December 27, 2005 at 11:21 PM
    Quote from SixThree

    So is this strictly a CS project?

    I assume CS:Source...

    Would make the most sense since that has the biggest audience and it would allow for the biggest impact...for online PC shooter games in general. Also, more people here are likely to be familiar with mapping for that than anything else.

    I consider this a pilot project. We do this, see how it goes, then maybe do other Mapacks or contests or whatever.

  • Wha'd ya Gets :)

    • Izuno
    • December 27, 2005 at 6:50 PM

    - 2 Banana Republic sweaters (on from gf, one from her parents)

    - An original Elizabeth Fischer, nicely framed (she's an artist from the midwest)

    - God of War PS2 (never got around to it, I likes)

    - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Xbox (whoa, I likes)

    - $50 gift card to best buy

    - bunch of edible junk, cookies, candies, etc from people at the office

    - bunch of free magazine subscriptions from my parents (PC Gamer, OXM, PSM, EGM...) even tho those are all free at the office...le sigh...

    - Simpsons Season 7 on DVD (OMG BEST SEASON EVARR)

    - other stuff

    NO Xbox360 for home yet...

    Oh get yourself Lost Season 1 on DVD...watched entire thing last couple weeks. Best. Dramatic Show. Ever. Evarrrr.

  • Mapcore Mappack (i.e. Mapkorpak)

    • Izuno
    • December 27, 2005 at 6:38 PM

    I like the idea.

    Mapper > Artist > Mapper is the way to go. Agreed.

    At this point I think Jan 31st is a better 'Alpha' date. Basically: show the core design (layout, geometry) with all basic functionality working: any physics or breakables or functional doors, sounds all working; hostages rescuable; target blowupable; Fletch Fletchable. From there the next deadline (TBD) could be the final submission for judging. From there, if we wanted, we could have a "final" polish stage for accepted maps. However, a final deadline should be set. At that point, we get what we get.

    Just my 2 cents.

  • Post Your Pet

    • Izuno
    • December 23, 2005 at 11:51 PM

    We don't have any pets yet...but my sister has two cats I see a lot. Buckwheat on the right. Tootie on the left.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/bin/buck-toot.jpg]

    I'll have to get a photo of Hershey up here (parents' cat...also Burmese)

  • Happy Holidays to everyone on Mapcore!

    • Izuno
    • December 23, 2005 at 12:07 AM

    happy holidays!

  • Apocalypto Teaser

    • Izuno
    • December 21, 2005 at 9:33 PM

    hmm....

    http://www.aztlan.net/apocalypto.htm

    Read that. VERY interesting read.

    It's about the Mayans, and it is obviously about the end of the world...though how close to actual Mayan legend/history remains to be seen.

    EDIT:

    Interestingly, today is the winter solstice, the start of Winter in Northern Hemisphere and shortest day of the year. Read the article above.

  • The root of all evil: the human being itself?

    • Izuno
    • December 21, 2005 at 7:45 AM

    Life is empty and meaningless.

    Therefore, life is empty and meaningless that it's empty and meaningless.

  • King Kong

    • Izuno
    • December 20, 2005 at 10:18 PM
    Quote from Holeman

    i thought it was really good, after reading all of those negative comments, i cant really say you guys are wrong, but i thought it more of an action film i guess...i did love the Trex fights wow, comeon that was cooool, and the bug scene WOW GROSS!!! i mean seriously, that was gross, i liked it! i thought actually NYC scenes were kinda the lamest, like the theater scene, and Naomi Watts walking through the fog, someone straight up laughed in the theater and i didnt blame them. I did think it was sad, Kong looked really good, downfall of this movie is taking it too seriously i guess.

    ya that's about as positive a review as i could agree with it. one thing is for sure, I hardly thought about the movie once i left the theater, except for here. that's the mark of a movie being meh for me.

    After seeing Kong, Harry Potter and Syriana, I need some nice romantic comedy or non-action / non-political oriented drama to take my girlfriend to. Suggestions?

  • Hitting The Wall..

    • Izuno
    • December 20, 2005 at 8:05 PM

    Get more exercise.

    I'm totally serious. Sometimes I'd be mapping for weeks...and realize I'm running out of Steam (pun intended for those of you seeking puns). So when I feel that way, I'll go work out for 30 minutes or something, take a shower, come back to the computer and often I'm inspired. Things like running and biking, or even walking, work best for me.

  • What toothpaste are you using?

    • Izuno
    • December 20, 2005 at 5:05 PM
    Quote from johnm487

    i use this too but the extra whitening doesnt help me.

    yep...some form of Colgate.

  • Programmer or Serial Killer?

    • Izuno
    • December 20, 2005 at 5:04 PM

    7/10

  • Name your super heroes

    • Izuno
    • December 19, 2005 at 9:28 PM

    Back in summer camp when we all read comic books I sorta just read the classics, liked Wolverine...nothing original.

    One year another kid saw us reading comics and proclaimed: "Juggernugget is awesome!"

    To which I said: "................do you mean Juggernaut?"

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™