1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • The Jack Bauer Power Hour Is Back!!!!

    • Izuno
    • January 17, 2006 at 6:03 PM

    eh...yeah I agree that 24 has some plot holes and for sure there are inconsistencies in how realistic it is. if you try nitpicking it you will find a lot. If you are a nitpicker, maybe it's not for you.

    I however, have been a fan since season 2 and I like it because it is so rediculous and fast paced. It's a total thrill ride and the best thing about it is Jack.

    In the heat of the moment, Jack knows what to do no matter what, even if that sometimes means he has to do crazy shit or do nothing but wait it out. He's an extreme character and I like how he operates.

    So it's not for everybody.

  • Ultraviolet

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2006 at 8:08 PM

    i skipped Aeoneoononeoneonnoen Flux....so can't really compare but from the trailers.

    I have to say that while it does look entertaining blah blah, it is an extremely derivative premise. Extremely.

    But there is a good chance I'll see it anyway.

  • The Jack Bauer Power Hour Is Back!!!!

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2006 at 7:59 PM

    man i love it that 24 is back!!!!

    I say he'll kill 121 people in these 24 hours.... that's around 5 per hour!

  • Next gen screens: medal of honer airborne !!!:D:D

    • Izuno
    • January 15, 2006 at 8:38 AM

    I am actually more curious to see what Renderware can do on X360 and PS3.

    Is this PS3 only? Haven't read the whole thread.

  • What is your favourite pc game?

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2006 at 6:23 PM

    damn...totally forgot about my early days of PC gaming when you could still find some old games on floppies [80's rap]Don't copy that floppy![/80's rap]

    old Sierra adventure titles:

    King's Quest series (esp II, III, IV)

    Here's Quest which became Quest for Glory... HQ, QfG II, QfG III

    Those games were so awesome...reminds me of a time before the weight of the world crushed my spirit.

    Then my later adventure game favorite were Full Throttle.

    But then I played the original Doom....and I've been a FPS junkie since.

    I miss the great adventure game days. What's a good modern one to play?

  • Ubisoft picks up Turtles movie tie-in license

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2006 at 5:42 PM

    i used to love that old side scroller turtles game. when i was really young i used to love the TMNT action figures...got my cousin into them. just totally cool.

    speaking of gaming movie tie ins etc....any idea when we'll see a Splinter Cell movie? I can't picture it without the voice of michael ironside, so I don't know if it work cause he's roughly 55 or 56 years old. I suppose he could pull of the 40s something grizzled spie out of retirement trick, which is sort of the character he plays in the games and the Splinter Cell books (one of which I read last year and liked pretty well).

    Back to TMNT...

    I have no doubt Ubi will do the best it can from the material. I didn't play King Kong but I have heard that does some things pretty well.

    [soap box / ramble]

    Couple of lessons I've learned from The Incredibles and Nemo and working with Pixar: get the approval process on content worked out and tested way before you go into production. I'm guessing with King Kong Peter Jackson was more involved with the creative process than most directors were with games based on their movies, as he/his team was with the LotR series with EA. On the Pixar based games, the areas of production where licensor approval processs was planned out in advance went MUCH smoother and used less time than other parts. That helped saved a lot of time and rework, which in the end helped control the budget, which in the end made the game mores more profitable (to a degree at least) ....

    Ok just Rambling, but my point is this: is there a strong director/producer on the Fillm side of this deal that is commited to working with UBI to ensure a good video game? It helps tremendously.

    [soap box / ramble]

  • What is your favourite pc game?

    • Izuno
    • January 12, 2006 at 8:31 PM

    besides HL...

    The HL retail mods have been my favorites: OpFor, DoD, CS. Just cause I played them so much.

    Other PC favorites: WarCraft III, Jedi Outcast, Tie Fighter, HL2, C&C (forget which)

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • Izuno
    • January 11, 2006 at 5:34 PM

    how much did you pay?

    if you paid $100 for the card (instead of paying $200) then maybe you got a good deal. It's all about price/performance ratio.

    as for the card itself, it's probably pretty good though you will have to tone down the settings in newer games of course, but I don't know much about Xpertvision. Did you try any online review sites?

  • Militia Source and Kalt Source incoming...

    • Izuno
    • January 11, 2006 at 5:30 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    Sorry, Mojo, Zalec was put in an orphanage with Backalley. Now it hides outside the kitchen door smoking cigarettes all afternoon.

    It's sharing a smoke with Vicenza.

  • Militia Source and Kalt Source incoming...

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2006 at 8:48 PM
    Quote from Flight40

    I agree, Turtle Rock went nuts with inferno

    yes...well put. i used to love inferno, but in CS:s it became to cluttered with too many routes.

    [obvious guy's reiteration]

    Makes me realize that in MP deathmatch type games like CS or DoD, improved graphics capabilities are great (like being able to have many more polys and objects etc) but please don't implement them at the cost of great gameplay. [/obvious guy's reiteration]

  • Aftermath: April 24th

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2006 at 6:36 PM

    I'm hungry for some more HL2 action...so I'll probably pre-order this one cause I'm a sucker. :-/

    I do hope it is good and shows off some new content, not just HDR. I want new enemies, new ideas, more pringles...

  • Militia Source and Kalt Source incoming...

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2006 at 6:30 PM

    oooh boy. if militia is back i may start playing cs:s again! and finally some more dod:s mappage out of Bellvue.

  • Mindfuck (traditional 3d art - sculpture)

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2006 at 5:53 PM

    nice work. glad to see mapcorians doing some interesting art related stuff outside of gaming and photography.

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2006 at 5:41 PM

    one of my former boss's called it the Jackhammer instead of the shocker.

    I suppose that works, too.

  • Call Of Duty 2

    • Izuno
    • January 7, 2006 at 12:08 AM

    IW guys aren't bad guys. Game is still moddable but they did simultaneous development on 2 platforms which isn't easy so it's not like they had a lot of time to intergrate heavy mod support into the PC sku from the beginning. Any time you are a launch title on a new platfrom you get really crunched.

  • klein meets izuno

    • Izuno
    • January 5, 2006 at 10:36 PM

    Klein that is the craziest story for a simple trip to visit people out here on the left coast. You'd think life could just go smoothly on vacation for once.

  • New Monitor

    • Izuno
    • January 5, 2006 at 8:24 AM

    same question...

    but i have a 17" LCD and thinking of going to dual 17" displays

    I'd like a digital and NEC....any recs?

  • [Wip]dod_Breugel *updated*

    • Izuno
    • January 5, 2006 at 12:08 AM

    great start so far.

    any interior shots we can see? just curious.

  • Hammer is more than just a level editor...

    • Izuno
    • January 5, 2006 at 12:06 AM
    Quote from killertomato

    Point is, this thread is pointless.

    Oh, I love dod_switch btw.

    You sir, are correct.

    & ty

  • Hammer is more than just a level editor...

    • Izuno
    • January 4, 2006 at 10:16 PM

    I see where this thread is going.

    But I win. Rather than troll the net for a picture of something related to the word 'hammer' I went out and took one in a remote place most of you will never see.

    Take that in the pants and stuff it!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™