1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Insurgency Weapon Showcase

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2006 at 12:14 AM

    nice. impressive looking overall...weaps and maps too.

  • Interesting take on the commercial failure of BG&E...

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2006 at 9:04 PM

    Sounds like Xbox is the way to go for me. I should finally check it out.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2006 at 10:39 PM

    huh?

    putting comment> around a blantantly racial comment doesn't make it okay.

  • Your first Level Editor

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2006 at 5:19 PM

    Whatever it was for the original X-wing game back in 1993 or thereabout.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Izuno
    • August 17, 2006 at 6:55 PM

    Obviously, someone in the future invented a time machine, travelled back in time to visit everyone who ever made anything that would later resemble Half Life 2 and showed them the game, thus Half Life 2 is obviously the insipiration for every piece of entertainment that resembles it any way that came out before Half Life 2.

  • Awesome movies (no mainstream)

    • Izuno
    • August 16, 2006 at 10:02 PM

    The Ice Storm of 1997

    by Ang Lee

    Kevin Kline

    Sigourny "Get away from her you bitch!" Weaver

    Joan Allen

    Tobey MaGuire

    Christina Ricci

    Elijah "Frodo" Woods

    Katie "oops I've been conned by cultists" Holmes

    1973, suburban Connecticut: middle class families experimenting with casual sex, drink, etc., find their lives out of control.

    The subtlety in this movie is amazing, pulled off by great performances executing great writing, though Ang Lee had a lot to do with it. Wasn't expecting this to be good since there is hardly any action, just subsurface tension on sexual and cultural levels. Great movie.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Izuno
    • August 16, 2006 at 1:10 AM
    Quote from mikezilla

    That movie is adapted from a book by PD James from 1992. There are no aliens or robots. It is simply a great story about survival, and it doesn't hurt that Alfonso Cuaron is easily one of our most visually and story centric directors working today.

    I have no doubts this movie will be fantastic and a true classic that raising a bunch of questions of what it is that makes us human. Basically everything the story for Half Life 2 wasn't.

    Thanks for the enlightenment. Here is some background on that book. I don't think this should spoil anything, but remember, I did not hear the sound from the trailer but the description of the book in the link below certainly jibes with what I watched in the trailer. Very interesting indeed!!!

    Anyway, :)

    http://www.randomhouse.com/features/pdj ... ldren.html

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2006 at 9:26 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    Basically everything the story for Half Life 2 wasn't.

    And that was my chief complaint from HL2...the story execution was not nearly as good as it was in HL1. I still liked HL2 a lot, and even liked the story, but again, it just didn't deliver the way it could have. So when curbed for technology evolution, I <3 HL. > I <3 HL2.

    But back on topic...

    Can't wait to see this one, sound or no sound playing in the trailer on this piece of dung computer im working on today.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2006 at 7:45 PM

    it is possible someone involved with the movie was a HL2 player...

    but more likely it's just a coincidence. i can see some commonalities thematically and visually (and even some of the plot) but it's more coincidence.

    That said, it does remind me of HL2, which is fine. On it's own this looks pretty interesting. Only problem is that on this particular machine i'm on right now the sound wasn't working so I couldn't listen to it.

    Anyway, thumbs up from watching the trailer with no sound.

  • Deleting files? How to force this..

    • Izuno
    • August 14, 2006 at 5:25 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgnts/electromagnet.jpg

    Oh, that's your solution to everything.

  • post your ride!

    • Izuno
    • August 13, 2006 at 8:25 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    I am pretty sure that there are easier ways to get rich than a career in the games industry:D

    You get what you attract. Keep thinking you won't make money and you wont't. Keep thinking that you will, and you'll find a way.

  • Saint's Row on 360

    • Izuno
    • August 13, 2006 at 8:47 AM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    Played the demo tonight, thought it was completely shitty and ridiculous. The framerate drops constantly, it offers absolutely nothing new from the GTA series of games, and generally just feels unexciting because of it. I guess people will buy it to fill the gap between now and when the latest GTA actually comes out on the 360. The game is just not fun at all.

    Funny...I just could not get into GTA: San Andreas at all, mainly because I didn't like the controls :roll:

    Then I play Saint's Row demo, which I admit is highly derivative from GTA:SA, but somehow despite the framerate drops and perhaps not the best graphics ever and overthetop gansta violence that seemed ridiculously stupid, I really enjoyed the demo. Looking back, it did a lot of things with craptacularocity.

    But still, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm lowering my standards...maybe I'm saying "I'm a friggin idiot for liking this derivative piece of underwhelming technical and artistic video gaming."

    But I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to the full game later this month.

    Oh for the record, I loved Mercenaries. That was my vote for console game of the year for 2005 and I told the Pandemic guys that several times...though they still never gave me a job. :sigh:

  • post your ride!

    • Izuno
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:07 AM

    2005 Volvo S40 T5 6speed

    stock photo...will get actual photo of mine later...but this is the same color as mine.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/bin/stock_volvo.jpg]

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 12, 2006 at 3:45 AM
    Quote from Alf-Life

    Nice... although I saw some reallllly nice World in Conflict media recently.

    True, thougth I think CoH is going to be very highly critically received. Wonder how gamers will react.

  • Saint's Row on 360

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 6:33 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    Can't copyright gameplay and it would be a damn shame if you could.

    true. market does decide.

  • Saint's Row on 360

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 5:21 PM

    i think it's a lot of fun. Personally I find it easier to control than GTA for shooting and driving, but that may be because i just never got into GTA like the other 17 million people who did...

    I think it's going to do well given the lull of big 360 games in Sept time frame other than Madden in a week or two.

  • realtime fluids

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 5:18 PM

    whoa that's cool. someday, we'll all be interacting with realistic fluids in games!

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 7:21 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    this is that ww2 rts game that there was a video for like, last year that had lots of destructable stuff and such?

    yes there was a lot of hubbub about it last May/E3 (2005) etc...but damn, it has come so far since them and is now totally sick.

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 7:14 AM

    WOW i got to watch someone play the SP game today for about 10 minutes and this will be my next RTS game for sure. It's a GOTY on PC for sure, hands down. MP beta has been out a while now, but the SP game kicks serious ass. It actually innovates the RTS genre pretty well and goes way beyond Dawn of War which I still think was a great game.

    EDIT:

    Now that it's public, PC Gamer gave it a 96%.

  • Saint's Row on 360

    • Izuno
    • August 11, 2006 at 7:10 AM

    Anyone play the demo? A huge # of ppl have downloaded it on Xbox Live it seems, plus it went out on the OXM disk this month. Lotta fun. I know I'll be playing it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™