1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Half-Life: The Movie

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2006 at 10:34 PM

  • KUNGFU SQUIRREL SPOTTED

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2006 at 1:15 AM

    Black squirrels rule!

  • European PS3 launch delayed until March

    • Izuno
    • September 6, 2006 at 6:02 PM

    Seems like Sony is making the customer their lowest priority, which is a shame because I have really enjoyed my PS2 over the last few years.

    Can you pre-order a Wii in the US yet?

  • mapcore... mobile?

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2006 at 5:45 PM

    yes i need mapcore on my Treo so I can keep track of posts while at client meetings...so when someone has a jackass point in a meeting that I think can be disproved via a recent mapcore post, I can show him the error of his ways.

    Seriously, that would be awesome!

  • The tenth dimension

    • Izuno
    • September 3, 2006 at 6:43 AM

    wow that was just awesome!

  • Your username/nick

    • Izuno
    • September 2, 2006 at 5:43 PM

    The last name of a character from a fictional work I wrote...

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Izuno
    • August 31, 2006 at 11:23 PM

    How many Yankee's caps does one need? I was expecting a Pink one...

  • Microsoft gives the little people a chance.......

    • Izuno
    • August 31, 2006 at 11:20 PM

    Excellent post Wacko. Please keep it coming as you find out more.

  • Pirating Games

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2006 at 6:21 PM

    sorry if i missunderstood anything in the CoH thread. I do have a personal connection to the devs so I guess I care.

    I just think that around with our mix of people in and not in the industry, it's probably not a good idea to spread the idea that it's okay to pirate games however/wherever/whenever. I agree the mod industry is somewhat built on warez, however I don't like the idea of people coming here and misinterpretting what's being said on this site as further permission to pirate whatever they want. I don't think anyone intends to say that, it's just how some people intepret things.

    anyway, an interesting discussion that could go on for a while, but I'll just get out now cause i got work to do.

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2006 at 5:44 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Rip? I'm playing the SP beta demo they released onto the net

    they did? well isn't my face all red. excuse me, sir. carry on.

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 26, 2006 at 11:08 PM

    no it's cool gv...don't worry about it.

    but mazy...u really have a rip? eek!

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 26, 2006 at 9:18 PM

    Damn.

    I gotta say I'm a little pissed at hearing this. I used to work closely with Relic when I was at THQ...prob been to their studio in Vancouver half a dozen times. I still see my friends in marketing and production at THQ fairly frequently, including the guys who work on CoH and to hear this after how much of their hearts they put into that game...

    at least don't go on this site talking about how ur playing it before it gets released. it gives the idea to newbies etc here that it's okay to pirate.

    EDIT: see below. Sorry if I came off heavy handed. I haven't bothered to try the SP beta cause I know I'm already getting a copy and I know it's good...

    anyway, still don't steal shit. kthxbai

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 25, 2006 at 9:29 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    Really does look rather ugly doesn't it? Looks too bubbly, clean, and executive at the top of a box like that - not like an entertainment product at all.

    I agree. I think in the long run if all windows titles had this kind of standard packaging (making it similar in packaging standards for console games like 360, Xbox, PS2 etc) then we would get used to it and ignore it.

    But in the beginning, it sure does look just "off".

    For CoH specifically, I don't know if all of the "regular" pc boxes on sale in stores next month will look like this or if only a % of units will be this way. We'll see.

  • Company of Heroes

    • Izuno
    • August 25, 2006 at 8:02 PM

    it's something Microsoft has been pushing on publishers...trying to wheel and deal to help brand "Games for Windows". Microsoft started pushing that idea hard back in 2004, but it didn't really get good traction. Now we are starting to see PC games for MS Windows come out with new packaging like this.

    Not sure if this is the only package or not CoH...I am pretty sure there will be a collectors edition package, probably in an interesting tin or something. I kinda think the GfW packaging is ugly, but whatever. :roll:

  • Now playing

    • Izuno
    • August 24, 2006 at 5:43 PM

    omg I need to play Dead Rising. too much work right now and i'm stuck playing stealth action games on prior ps2/xbox (but also hitman on 360 gg mazy ) for a research project

    Just tried Texas Hold'em (free right now on XBLA)...single player is okay, need more time with it.

  • GC 2006: Brothers in Arms Teaser

    • Izuno
    • August 24, 2006 at 7:16 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Looks cool (Maybe RD knows the place!!??), but this thing with calm conversations which are abrupted by loads of explosions is starting to get a tad overused in my opinion. I was just sitting and waiting for it to happen when I watched it But I guess thats what war is like

    Hmm...I knew the explosion was coming, I just didn't know exactly which beat it was coming on, and I think it worked in the E3 demo because they were in a discussion that felt very relevent to the overall story of these soldie

    BOOOM!

    see? you want to know how the story ended so I think it heightened the drama. Still, it is a war game, so there are going to be explosions. And it was an early E3 demo not final product.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Izuno
    • August 23, 2006 at 11:58 PM

    4 out of 5 Mapcorians can't be wrong!

  • [o*] Karaoke Party!

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2006 at 9:37 PM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    Its a little camera. It helps me find my threads.

    Your secret is out. Now everyone will do that and you won't be able to find your threads. Muhahahahahaha!

  • THUNDERCATS ARE BACK!!!!!

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2006 at 9:25 PM

  • Insurgency Weapon Showcase

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2006 at 9:22 AM

    overall nice still images.

    in game footage of the weapons in use is always better but obviously that's not available yet....

    minor point...check through the thumbs on the hand models...the right hand thumb on the M16A4 (uh, i got that right?) looks a little deformed.

    sorry that's the only really nitpick i can notice at 1 am after a 17 hour work day.

    keep up the great work.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™