1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Half Life completed in 45 minutes!

    • Izuno
    • September 30, 2006 at 5:43 PM

    Because in 1998 an internet meaning yelled at Fletch once for posting something in a forum that had been posted a month before. Now, traumatized forever, Fletch must take it out on eveyone else.

    or...

    He's just kindly pointing it out so newer people stay informed of discussion threads already covered.

  • Alan Wake

    • Izuno
    • September 30, 2006 at 5:39 PM

    ooooh...me likes.

  • latest Madden curse...

    • Izuno
    • September 26, 2006 at 6:10 PM

    Actually I intended to post in Off Topic...got distracted and posted it Games Industry without paying attention.

    But ya perhaps I should have explained better, especially to Macporians who don't follow NFL or who would rather play FIFA than Madden. Go America!

    "Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum

  • latest Madden curse...

    • Izuno
    • September 26, 2006 at 12:03 AM

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602571

    D'oh.

  • Hay sony what's up in these microtransactions?

    • Izuno
    • September 21, 2006 at 5:44 PM

    I suppose if the game cost $5 for the disk and then you spend additional money to get the custom game you want, in theory you could get a full game of fair value for say $40 to $60 bucks. In theory this allows gamers to "customize the game they exactly want"....however....

    1) Will the no cars SKU cost $60? $50? $40? ... $10? $5? How much will the Premium SKU cost? $60 ... $5? Will it cost $70? Sony: Explain yourself!

    2) I doubt Sony would be stupid enough to sell a game for $60 with no content (Please do not prove me wrong, Sony. Please.) Who's going to buy it? So then is the game $30? $20? I think gamers will do the math and most people will conclude the value proposition is garbage.

    Therefore I assume somebody in Sony marketing knows what they're doing and this should get straightened out. Right? Right???

    Or maybe they are really expecting all of us to bend over.

  • 360 soon to be 1080p capable

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2006 at 7:42 PM
    Quote from Sa74n

    maybe you should try the toshiba or sony support sites if you need an answer

    lol. Exactly. Actually I have looked.

    http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluray/

    Sony's site doesn't really talk about what TV you'll need, though obviously it would have to be capable of 1080p. That said, if you don't have 1080p, is there any point in getting a bluray machine? Further, what will be visual quality of PS3 games on non 1080p HD TVs? (not prerendered footage, i mean gameplay :roll: )

    Toshiba's site doesn't give a clear answer yet, either.

    I think in time it will all be clear and the proper consumer education will rollout. I would still like to see the same movie playing on all possible combinations of DVD type, DVD player tpe, HD TV type in one place just so I can really compare and judge for myself.

    Back on topic....

    Well simply, 1080p is a lot more screen pixels to push then 720p, so there has to be some kind of taxing on the GPU, right? I think if you are fully using all 3 CPUs, you could probably take significant load of the GPU but it might only be effective on a game by game basis. If any "big time" game is going to do it I would suspect Halo3?

  • 360 soon to be 1080p capable

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2006 at 6:34 PM

    The real question is, will the average consumer derive enough value from going from current DVDs to HD or BluRay DVDs? How does the jump compare to going from VHS to DVD? I haven't seen HD-DVD or BluRay content myself, but I'd like to see all 3 side by side.

    Oh, and will my current HD plasma screen even display HD DVD or BluRay DVD output?

    Hello? Somebody at Sony / Toshiba answer me!!!

  • insta grins

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2006 at 9:11 PM

    Congrats! Though I am not surprised you got a job. Back in DoD days (pre-source) Insta came a long and we all said "wow this guy's good!"

    Good luck at Grin!

  • Way to go, Microsoft...

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2006 at 6:26 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    Microsoft will fuck your ears.

    They must have tres petite Zoons.

  • Way to go, Microsoft...

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2006 at 6:52 AM

    I just find i funny that

    1) Zune just sounded stupid to me from the beginning...then again so did Wii at first but I'm planning on pre-ordering one anyway...

    2) I really don't care about the suppoded translation which seems off anyway. Just a funny story.

    3) I am not convinved of the value proposition for Zune yet. Never count Microsoft out, afterall they havenn't bombed out of video game industry, but -

    4) - Zune has no killer app the way the Xbox did with Halo. I suppose the file sharing from Zune to Zune could be it, but I don't think Apple is done innovating yet...

  • Way to go, Microsoft...

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2006 at 12:58 AM

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=zune+french

    All you have to do is read what google brings back and you get the idea. Read some of the links for further insight. I don't think it's that big a deal, but it is kind of funny. Wonder how the Zune will sell in Quebec. Anyone in Montreal area have a comment?

  • PM Popup doesnt work

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 11:40 PM

    i got a PM from Zaphod earlier this week and when I logged onto mapcore i got a popup.

    ....aren't I important cause i got a pm from zaph?

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 11:21 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    you can put files on the ipod with winamp too , or you replace the ipod firmware with rockbox so it basically handles as a usb drive where you just put your files on, and use the rockbox file browser to play your music and generate playlists .. oh and it has loads of games, quite a few of them very good quality!

    cool...though i honestly don't want to mess with winamp except WMP just...blech it just blows.

    Mojo, does iTunes 7 allow you to play DVDs in your drive? The thing I HATE about XP and WMP is that you can't play DVDs directly without a 3rd party DVD codec and etc etc....i'm sure savvy people have free hacks or whatever, but I installed a non free one and WMP still can't play DVDs...sheesh.

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 8:06 PM

    iTunes was really the only choice once I saw how easy it was to use the iPod. I think it is the combination of iPod + iTunes that is superior to most other solutions for [software] + [mobile mp3 device]. Now that iPod does video and games and you can get 30 or 60 or 80 whatever gigs of mobile storage, it's even betterer...rer.

  • Level Designer at IO Interactive? Yes sir!

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 6:27 PM

    good luck!!! you'll have to tell us what working with Mazy is like fo' real.

  • Hail nature! [56k Beware!!] Lots of pics!

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 4:12 AM

    what is that white stuff covering the trees?

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2006 at 4:05 AM

    well i personally just like itunes for similar reasons to mojo, but also cause I like the ipod better than all the other devices out there. simple. it works. reliable.

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 13, 2006 at 8:19 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Erm, I was clearly talking about the post-cinema side of things for personal viewing. iTunes movies go up at the same time as the DVD releases, not the cinema releases. Obviously nothing compares to going to the cinema.

    exactly. if i want a full movie experience...i go to the movies. if i want a solid home theatre experience, i'll load it up on my DVD system. I think a lof people here missinterpret the real intention of iTunes and most common use of video content offered. It's not intended to replace anything...it's really a supplement to offer new viewing opportunities not previously available. That said, you may have no use for watching movies on a tiny screen while waiting in an airport or sitting at 34,000 feet above Nebraska on your way to a client meeting in New York. So, video ipod isn't for you.

    Sorry for rant...just want to clear up the "itunes will destroy cinema" idea that has been indirectly sort of but not really alluded to here. iTunes is not going to disrupt the movie industry.

    Eventually, it or something similar will eliminate our need for wasteful DVDs, just like 8-tracks, cassettes, vynal, laser discs and every Sony format were all made obsolete for practical use (regardless of superiority of whatever)

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 13, 2006 at 6:08 PM

    I've had a 60 gig video ipod since January, and since I have been travelling a lot it is essential. It's really cool to just watch a show or a movie when waiting around in airports and such, or a waiting room. Plus 60 gigs is nice storage space for moving big files.

    A few points...

    1) Ripping my DVD collection has been easy. I use PQ DVD which cost me $15 but the compression isn't too bad and a 2 hour movie takes less than an hour to rip a highest quality. Not as good as using Handbrake on a Mac, but supposedly Handbrake will have a free windows version soon that is better than anything else on market. Oh, a 2 hour movie takes less than a gig of space.

    2) Watching those little movies on my iPod isn't bad, but outputting it to a TV (which is very easy) doesn't look as good of course, and I don't recommend that. sometimes it's okay for certain things, but in no way does my iPod replace my need for DVDs and my theatre system.

    3) I think buying movies under new iTunes plan isn't a bad idea, but not sure if i'll be doing that unless...(go to point 4)

    4) I'd really like to see the higher capacity iPods move away from miny hard drive technology and to super high capacity flash memory. supposedly there is this Korean company working on terrabyte sized flash memory systems smaller than iPod harddrives. Whether that's coming soon or not the point is this: eventually we'll have iPods with enough capacity to store movies in HD formats with little to no compression that can output to theatre systems, as well as have HD format screens on the iPods themselves with high enough resolution and enough screen real estate and a good interface...THEN I be glad to pack my DVDs in storage and never by physical media again and go 100% digital distribution. The hardware just isn't there...yet.

    5) Five years ago I was still buying CDs. Now i prefer to get all my music digitally, and yes I buy music online and I don't steal it. I'd be happy to pay for DVD content the same way.

    6) Games...yeah i'd be willing to play a game on my video iPod if something caught my interest, though i would like to be able to try for a couple days free before buying for get a free demo of the first level, sort of like on Xbox Live Arcade.

    Anyway, I foresee a bright futrue for Apple...

  • new iTunes and iPods

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2006 at 10:37 PM

    http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview

    New iTunes 7

    Now you can buy movies for computer and mobile viewing.

    Now you can buy games for use on iPod video.

    New nanos in new colors and larger capacity.

    Enjoy!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™