1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • PCGAMER are really taking the piss...

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:03 PM

    Clearly PCG is conspiring to piss you off. That or they are getting cheap and lazy...or they simply don't have enough new content for some bizarre reason.

  • Apple's iPhone

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:01 PM

    I would like to seem more about how easy the virtual keyboard is to use. Everyone I've spoken to who considers themselves a "business user" of their Treo or Blackberry loves the browsing capabilities but can't get around the idea of no tacticle distinctions betweek keys. They had an overall sentiment of "give me a similar device but with a smaller touch screen supplpemented with a button based keyboard."

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Izuno
    • January 13, 2007 at 8:49 PM

    nice shirt, mazle :~

  • Dec 2006 NPD Video game results in US

    • Izuno
    • January 12, 2007 at 12:38 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Now, when you say "approaching," how close is said approach? I mean, didn't Halo 2 pretty quickly hit the 5 million mark?I remember Gears hitting 2 million pretty quickly; in the time since that I'll wager 2.5-3.5 million?

    I'm talking about North American sales, not world wide. As for approaching Halo...my bad. I meant to say that after 2 months, it is doing in the same ballpark as Halo (and Halo 2) did after about 2 months.

    So after 2 months, the original Halo sold about 800k units in North America (which was awsome considering it was the first 2 months of Xbox ever)

    Halo 2 sold about 4.2 milliion units (between regular and Limited Ed) after its first 2 months in North America.

    Gears of War, after 2 months has sold 1.8 million units in North Ameica (1.57 for the regular edition, 230k for the Collector Ed)

    As for PS3, hardware in NA rebounded to about 490k units sold in Dec. Cumulative sales for the software isn't too high...the best being Resistance:Fall of Man at under 250k units.

    Wii software is actually not that different except for Wii Zelda which by now is around 1million units.

  • Dec 2006 NPD Video game results in US

    • Izuno
    • January 11, 2007 at 11:08 PM

    So today NPD released it's estimated sales results for the month of December 2006 in the North American market. (Covers sales from Nov 26 thru Dec 30)

    Anyone care to guess the year to date sales of Gears of War in the US? (meaning total N.A. sales from it's Launch on Nov 7 thru Dec 30)

    - Hint: it's almost on a Halo or Halo 2 pace.

  • Guess the map! Revived.

    • Izuno
    • January 11, 2007 at 8:52 AM

    ro_krakow?

    (i never played ro...shame on me? I don't even know if Krakow is a map in ro)

    back to my mmo presentation....

  • Mapcore Account Problems UPDATE

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM

    Nien!

  • Apple's iPhone

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM
    Quote from twiz

    True. It's totally possible that this is vapor-hardware and my not even exist and may actually be a giant hoax dreamed up by Apple to boost its share price so Steve Jobs can get a surge of money so he can finally complete his doomsday device which will enable him to complete his quest for world domination where he can enslave the entire human race to do his evil bidding of puppy torture, seal clubbing and slow increase of greenhouse gases.

    :roll:

    To be fair, those puppies have been askin' for it.

    Touche. I have been served.

  • Apple's iPhone

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2007 at 7:24 PM
    Quote from dissonance

    it's not even fcc approved yet, so we may never even see it

    True. It's totally possible that this is vapor-hardware and my not even exist and may actually be a giant hoax dreamed up by Apple to boost its share price so Steve Jobs can get a surge of money so he can finally complete his doomsday device which will enable him to complete his quest for world domination where he can enslave the entire human race to do his evil bidding of puppy torture, seal clubbing and slow increase of greenhouse gases.

    :roll:

  • Final Fantasy players here?

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM

    Excellent post, Taylor. Thanks for your insights.

    Keep em coming, ppl!

  • Apple's iPhone

    • Izuno
    • January 10, 2007 at 6:13 PM

    peronally i care less and less about the 8 gig capacity. I know, I know, we all want integrated phone/ipod. I think that with this, the amazing super A.W.E.S.O.M - O feature is the much nicer web browsing and easy to use mobile email. As long as I can check multiple email accounts such as my gmail and pop3 email systems I'm on with a couple of my clients, again I'm happy.

    As long as the Calendar function has pretty much all the same capabilities of a Treo w/Palm system, I'm happy with that. I hate outlook but still use a PC so maybe syncing will be less clear but oh well.

    Oh wait did i mention the mobile google maps? Yeah...i'll be needing that especially when I fly up to the Bay area for a day or sheesh to Seattle where I still don't have a clue where I'm going.

    Oh yeah, would be nice to actually be able to ready an HTML webpage cause lets face it, the current mobile interent blows and using websites on my Treo is a fracking joke.

    Oh size? Looks roughly the same size as my Treo. nuff said.

    Quote

    Originally posted by FletchOther phones doing the same thing?

    Nope. Not even close. I've played around with a Pearl and a Blackjack during my recent phone shopping trips. Neither of them touch the functionality I saw during the keynote video. WindowsCE is a clumsy operating system, and most of the features you try to use are just too cumbersome to bother with. It's no use checking a map if it takse 3 minutes to load and is completely illegible at screen resolution. I haven't seen any other phone that smart loads phone numbers from mobile web pages they way the iPhone did. This thing is running OS X natively. That's about 10 years of advanced tech past WinCE and Blackberry. Plus, at the end of the day, it's Apple, and they know how to make the best UIs on earth.

    Zing. I will never want Windows on my mobile device...at least not what I've seen on the Blackjack. I got a Palm based Treo for that reason. Don't get me wrong, I love XP on my MacbookPro (thanks, bootcamp) but have you tried the WinCE or other Windows Mobile? Mobile Outlook? I would rather use a pen/paper calendar that Mobile Outlook.

    Finally...I'm on Verizon. Bah...I guess I'll eventually switch to Cingular to get this thing, but as I said earlier I'm gonna want everyone I know to be on Cingular too cause I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to monthly minute use over the long haul.

  • Apple's iPhone

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2007 at 9:12 PM

    yes apple wins.

    Verizon loses. US market iPhone will be Cingular for now (prob years). My cousin, my fiance, my best friend and I all use Verizon Wireless and I love the in-network free calls. So far my cousin and my fiance both want to switch to cingular cause of this.

    i think i'm going to as well.

    edit:

    what about integrated calendar function? I have a Treo and besides the phone/contacts, i use the Calendar app more than anything else. It is absolutely critical for me (and many others) to have an up to date calendar function on their phone that syncs with whatever you need it to.

    Does this thing do that? I didn't see it in the demo. I see "Calendar" in the demo as an app, but is that a scheduling tool or just a literal calendar so you can remember the date?

  • Final Fantasy players here?

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    Quote from Polaris

    I play WoW casually (wheres its faster to level up by just doing the right quests then to grind), theres no way I'd commit to the grind-a-thon that is FFXI.

    Take the warcraft out of WoW and you still have a fun game. Take the FF away from FFXI and you have something that looks like dozens of other MMOs

    Ah good insight. I'm getting the sense that a lot of people find the FF MMO game to be more tedious to level up...aka "a grind"...

    Anyone else feel that way? Feel differently?

  • Unlimited Wii games for just 35$

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2007 at 5:48 PM

    Look at bottom of page:

    Quote

    Instant Access - Email sent has soon has you have paid

    all I have to say is:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.izuno.net/pics/e3_2006/wtf.jpg]

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2007 at 7:18 AM

    Do Klein and Friechamp look alike?

  • Final Fantasy players here?

    • Izuno
    • January 9, 2007 at 4:45 AM

    Ok a few good responses so far, and thanks to you...but let me make one last re-request just to make sure I'm not missing anyone:

    Anyone have any real insights about why FF XI Online (regardless of platform) was good or bad?

    - if you played it and then stopped, why? (Reno thanks for the great respons on this)

    - if you play other MMOs (like WoW, EQ, etc) but not FFXI, why not?

    - if you play other FF games but haven't tried FF XI, why not?

    Again, thanks to everyone for your insights.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Izuno
    • January 6, 2007 at 5:49 AM

    anyone else look like Beck here?

    http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beckol1.gif

  • Final Fantasy players here?

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2007 at 1:11 AM

    Thanks for the feeback. For those of you who have commented on other FF games, any comments specifically on FF XI online? (PC/PS2/X360)

  • Final Fantasy players here?

    • Izuno
    • January 2, 2007 at 6:55 PM

    So who here plays Final Fantasy? More importantly, does anyone here play FF XI Online (PC/PS2/360) currently or in the past? This is the FF MMO game, which currently is a competitor to WoW obviously.

    Share your thoughts about FF XI...good, bad, indifferent. Thanks!

  • For fuck's sake...

    • Izuno
    • January 2, 2007 at 4:23 PM

    Wait, do we normally have F-bombs in titles of threads?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™