1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • February 7, 2007 at 7:39 PM
    Quote from killertomato

    Required

    Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP

    Processor: Intel Pentium 3 750 Mhz

    Video Card: 16x Graphics Card: 32 MB 3D accelerated with DirectX (gforce2)

    Disk Space: 300 MB

    RAM: 128 MB

    If this is true, then I'm definitly going to have this game...

    Display More

    Where did you get these specs from?

  • crackdown demo

    • Izuno
    • February 3, 2007 at 11:35 PM

    played the demo....

    i actually like the art style. Something about it just feels good...but maybe because I felt the driving controls were my tempo.

    the "story"/backdrop...eh...we'll see. i do agree that the constant shooting in the city around all the civies was a little odd. if i am in a city with civilian NPCs around and it is not a time of war (like WWII or something) then I kind of like the fact that there is some exploring/adventure aspect where you don't have to shoot 100% of the time.

    still, demo was fun.

  • Gearbox Software Hiring Experienced Level Designers

    • Izuno
    • January 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    i think this is the first time i've seen professional recruitment not requiring 25 years of professional experience. kudos

    Reminds me of a job posting I saw in 2002:

    "Must have 10 to 15 years of Internet marketing experience."

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • PS3 Release in Europe.

    • Izuno
    • January 25, 2007 at 11:30 PM

    such irony. i am more excited about God of War II on PS2 than any PS3 game on the horizon.

    Remember back in Spring/Summer 2006 we were all bashing Sony's PS3 plans? Seems like Sony got the last laugh...or did they?

  • PS3 Release in Europe.

    • Izuno
    • January 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM

    Any fun games on PS3 yet? Oh...right.

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • January 25, 2007 at 5:30 PM

    A nerd riot would be the worst of all because who has more pent up frustration than a nerd?

  • Video Game Name Generator

    • Izuno
    • January 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM

    Damn the secret is out!

  • Mobile Gaming Categories

    • Izuno
    • January 24, 2007 at 4:06 PM

    Excellent feedback. Thanks for directing me to Carmack' blog.

  • Mobile Gaming Categories

    • Izuno
    • January 23, 2007 at 10:39 PM

    Sounds like not to many people here have tech knowledge of mobile phone game production. And why would we? :)

    So a different question, anyone play any other kinds of mobile games? Such as:

    - SMS based quiz games

    - Lotto games (like on T-Mobile in UK)

    - Location based (GPS) real world games

    - cellphone photo scavenger hunts? :roll:

    - etc...

    Just curious. Thx

  • Mobile Gaming Categories

    • Izuno
    • January 23, 2007 at 5:39 AM

    I have another client who is a mobile phone technology/strategy consultant who does not know much about console/PC gaming and even less about the mobile phone gaming business. One of his clients needs a crash course in the state of mobile gaming and has turned to me for some help. After doing a ton of research, I would love validate some findings by hearing first hand from you.

    Speficially, I would love input on categorizing mobile phone games from a technical point of view, meaning dividing up the kinds of games that are out there (and that are coming down the pipe) based on technical development process, user experience, MP type, Bluetooth vs. airtime MP, turn based vs realtime MP, 2.5G vs 3G requirements, simpe SMS games, GPS-location based games... etc etc

    In other words, how would you classify, categorize and distinguish types of mobile phone games? Feel free to give example of actual games you know of or have played. I already am aware of the genres lilke sports, puzzle, cards, action, racing etc...

    Thanks for you input!

  • The Plot

    • Izuno
    • January 22, 2007 at 3:37 AM

    I think this balances out the universe a bit.

    Case closed.

  • Neversoft to take over Guitar Hero franchise !?

    • Izuno
    • January 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM
    Quote from Mojo

    ...But if it turns into crap rock...

    I hope they make Sax Hero so I can grove along to all my favorite Kenny G songs.

  • Gravely Voices R-Us!

    • Izuno
    • January 18, 2007 at 5:51 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell("Are you going to make me cut open your throat and look for the words inside your neck?")

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • January 18, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    from when to when? I'm hearing the March 21 release date is pretty solid. Are you hearing different?

    yeah.. source?

    The Interweb!

    Once again I have been served....or not. Really, just curious where you are hearing that the March 21 date is b.s. cause THQ doesn't seem to be saying that.

    Trust me, in all the histories of the delays THQ has never posted an actual release date (down to the exact day) until now. And further, while THQ has pushed the Stalker release date out about 20 times they never did it inside of 2.5 months of the proposed release window....it was always 5 or 6 months ahead of time at the shortest...usually like 9 or 10 months.

    Finally, March 21 is the last practical release date that still fits in the THQ 2007 Fiscal Year which ends March 31. I would be shocked if they let it slip outside the FY end again after all the product has come so far. If gaming press is saying they've played beta builds and it feels done (like a month or more ago) then there is no reason for THQ to push it into their next fiscal year.

    Yet still, proof will be ifI get my free copy in March or not. (They owe me!)

  • Guess the map! Revived.

    • Izuno
    • January 18, 2007 at 7:24 AM
    Quote from OL

    smart move editing my post and killing the thread

    hmm...seems like you just killed the thread yourself. No worries. Why not just post a map pic and get it going again?

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • January 17, 2007 at 5:39 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    its delayed again

    from when to when? I'm hearing the March 21 release date is pretty solid. Are you hearing different?

  • PCGAMER are really taking the piss...

    • Izuno
    • January 17, 2007 at 1:16 AM
    Quote from Fletch

    Magazines are soooooo 90s.

    I dunno...i gotta stack of gaming magazines in the loo at home. It's nice to read something without a refresh rate once in a while.

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2007 at 10:21 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    I'm actually more intrigued by it after hearing that most of the bloated and needless AI/life simulation and all that BS has supposedly been trimmed down... had no interest in it initially.Edit: er, rather, I had interest in it initially but as more details came to light about the kitchen sink philosophy they were building with, I quickly lost said interest.

    that's basically true from what I'm told by my THQ contacts, so it is actually very playable.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:13 PM

    Super congrats! Best of luck in the new gig at GBX. I swear I need to come visit Plano and drop by.

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:09 PM

    Actually it is 'definitely' going to come out in March according to my sources.

    Personally I'm still a big fan and am hoping it still delivers on some of the original promises back when I was managing the US brand effort on it. I have heard buzz that the European market (particularly Germany, Ukraine and Russia) is very gung-ho about Stalker, much more than the US. The recent Russian/former KGB spy poisoning stories have also amped up the interest, again according to what I've heard.

    Can anyone here from Europe confirm the level of Stalker buzz in your country?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™