1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Conan with HD nudity

    • Izuno
    • October 25, 2007 at 8:23 PM

    .................................boobies, in general, are good. God of War had some boobies. The media released for this game so far makes it feel like boobies are more important than in God of War, though. And in general, sexuality seems like a big part of the premise. I played the demo on 360 and while I don't recall boobies there was a female NPC you interact with and she was highly sexualized though the voice performance felt "off" somehow, thereby diminishing the potential appeal of her sexiness in the game, even if just a little. The gameplay in the demo felt no where near as satisfying as God of War, and Conan's dialog seems just horrid. It was just a demo, so maybe there is an intentional cheese factor that actually works for the game that didn't quite come through effectively.

    The box art and print ads floating around also seem to underline the sexuality as a key selling point, which could be effective, but there are lots of places to see boobies and seeing them intermixed with Conan's crappy dialog as he hacks limbs of enemies isn't a guaranteed formula for success.

    In any event, I am skeptical but willing to at least play the full game, simply because if they get that pr0n vibe right than it might actually have a campy appeal assuming the gameplay is better than in the demo.... :roll:

    I'd love to see a Zero Punctuation review on it....

  • Where in the Sony venn diagram do YOU fit?

    • Izuno
    • October 25, 2007 at 5:41 AM

    Here's what happens when too many suits put their heads together:

    [Blocked Image: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9779/venncopyon8.th.jpg]

    http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/dia ... mpari.html

    Discuss!

  • Hellgate London Demo!

    • Izuno
    • October 20, 2007 at 8:20 AM

    I am getting the feeling this won't live up to expectations and I fear the buzz is wearing off in general due all the other bigs games came out in the last month or so...

  • Orange box - Zero Ponctuation review

    • Izuno
    • October 18, 2007 at 8:48 PM

    I agree with him on this. A lot. Portal is probably my favorite piece of the package but I haven't gotten into TF2 much yet. Gonna try it on 360

  • Lets talk about circumcision shall we?

    • Izuno
    • October 17, 2007 at 9:23 PM

    Shockingly...there is interesting debate on this topic, particularly as it relates to American men, on Oprah.com:

    http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/3 ... 0&start=90

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Izuno
    • October 15, 2007 at 7:11 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    peris only has two expressions. Its either serious business or

    No he is always "Beck"

  • Innovative use of music in games

    • Izuno
    • October 14, 2007 at 11:30 PM

    ....well yeah...exactly.

  • Innovative use of music in games

    • Izuno
    • October 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    what about Rezhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez

    lol...forgot about this one. Rez gets an A+ for innovative use of music.

  • EA buys Bioware and Pandemic....

    • Izuno
    • October 12, 2007 at 9:04 PM

    While I assume the deal is all on the level, there is no :sketchy: emoticon here!

  • EA buys Bioware and Pandemic....

    • Izuno
    • October 12, 2007 at 6:08 PM

    I really hope this deal works out for Pandemic/BioWare and not just on the financial side (with that price tag how could it not unless there are more terms we don't know about...). I hope they continue to be successful for many reasons but the one main reason is that Mercenaries was my favorite Xbox/PS2 game of all time.

    Anyway, this is one of those "wait and see" deals but in the long run but I soooooo hope Pandemic gets to keep its LA offices because they are so cool and have the greatest view. :wink:

  • portal -esque movie

    • Izuno
    • October 11, 2007 at 10:45 PM

    ..........................................................that's the guy from Star Wars? You know...the guy who turned to the dark side after that really bad guy asked him to? "Sure. Yeah. Dark Side. I'm down with that." :roll:

  • Crysis - Official System Requirements

    • Izuno
    • October 10, 2007 at 7:41 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    I've got 256 MB but it is the minimum - sick if you ask me. That's one of the points I love Steam for:http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

    This Data is collected by every Steam-User (volutneer) and is the data valve develops at. Not Intel or NVidia who cry out "Let's get more highend sellings".

    Crysis Minimum: Percentage of Steam Users who are just Minimum or even lower

    Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) :Around 70% of Steam Users can not play Crysis because of theyr CPUs on a higher setting than Low or not at all.

    Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) : ~70% of Steam Users can not play Crysis because of too less Ram on a higher setting than Low or not at all.

    Video Card -256 MB** : ~30 % have less than 256 MB Vram, ~40% have at least 256 MB Vram (that allows them - I say it again: Minimum Specs)

    Hard Drive - 12GB : Around 80% of the Users have at least 10 or more Gigabyte free. - OK

    So Crytek basically shuts the door for around 70% of the gamers? Assuming that of those left 30% 75% are FPS Gamers who are potential Crysis buyers you have 22,5% of Gamers left as a Targetgroup. I don't know - Izuno may know better - but I assume that of a potential Targetgroup around 10% will buy a game if it sells good. That is 2,25% who would buy this game (but I assume this is still much too high)

    Display More
    Quote from FrieChamp

    newsflash:

    There are gamers/consumers out there who do not use Steam.

    Yep, there are gamers/consumers worldwide who do not use Steam. Vavle's survey sample size is 1,092,762. 9 million WoW players worldwide suggest that there are more than ~ 1million PC gamers. So what % of the total pc gamer market does the Valve # represent?

    10%? 50% 90%?

    Whatever it is....would you expect the average gamer on Steam to have higher general system specs than non-Steam gamers? Lower? About the same?

    This is what you really need to know quantitatively. Qualitatively, is Crysis going to entice people to upgrade their systems? Does that even need to happen for Crysis to hit their sales goals? And what are their sales goals?

    Any truly insightful discussion on this topic would require more of that information.

  • UT3 System Score Calc

    • Izuno
    • October 10, 2007 at 12:16 AM
    Quote

    ":3cey15gb]

    Dev Build?

    He's uber l337. Didn't you know? :wink:

  • GT5 : The Quizz

    • Izuno
    • October 8, 2007 at 11:26 PM

    11/14

  • Sony: how to kill a brand...

    • Izuno
    • October 8, 2007 at 5:20 PM

    Wait! Sony turns it all around in one swift stroke:

    http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17692

    er...well...not really.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Izuno
    • October 5, 2007 at 9:03 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    Well my contract has been up for two weeks, but I've just signed with Ubisoft Montréal so I'll start there in about two months, visa allowing.Many thanks to all the Mapcorians who have helped either directly or indirectly in my job hunt, you guys know who you are I only wish I can return the favor some day.

    Sweet. Welcome to the West side of the Atlantic.

  • Crytek under attack!!!!

    • Izuno
    • October 5, 2007 at 9:01 PM
    Quote from Mojo

    why hasn't this question been addressed yet? this is damn important!

    Crytek better make a kick ass zombie shooter based on this idea....either go all the way with DX10 yada yada or go the other way with some Xbox Live title.

  • Some Angry Gamer

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2007 at 6:48 PM

    I've seen worse.

  • Sony: how to kill a brand...

    • Izuno
    • October 4, 2007 at 12:35 AM
    Quote from skdr

    Speaking of brand killing:http://www.comnetslash.com/2007/10/03/s ... tion-logo/

    uh....................................wtf?

    Fletch: please, start running with this. Words fail me.

  • Sony: how to kill a brand...

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2007 at 8:56 PM

    Unless my eyes are tricked by some spell (or I'm lazy) I didn't see this posted yet here.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™