1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • AC ZP Review & Indie Games aka "Tonguing an...&quot

    • Izuno
    • December 12, 2007 at 9:52 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    ...but I guess Activision milking the franchise is reason enough not to buy it.

    Would you say that about all games/franchises that have great sales? If you worked at Bungie would you tell people "don't buy Halo 3 because our franchise has already been successful enough" ? Or is there something about Guitar Hero you just don't like? ...or don't like anymore?

    I don't mean to single you out, because a lot of us have had these thoughts about publishers "milking it." Would you feel the same way about a publisher milking what you've developed? What if you work at Infinity Ward? Would you complain about strong CoD4 sales?

    I'm serious, btw. We're all here because we work in the industry or with the industry or are modders etc... In general, don't we want gaming to be successful and growing? Maybe we don't?

    Just some thoughts.

    Meanwhile, another funny review from Yhatzee

  • What to do.. what to do!!!

    • Izuno
    • December 11, 2007 at 6:55 PM

    this thread has been very helpful. I need to upgrade my core gaming rig as well. Please, if anyone has more recent upgrade experiences to share, please do!

  • [DOD:S] dod_snowblind_b1

    • Izuno
    • December 8, 2007 at 6:30 PM

    Just in time for winter. nice screens. :)

  • Phone salesman amazes jury in talentshow. OMFG must see

    • Izuno
    • December 4, 2007 at 9:33 PM
    Quote from MrH2o

    Is it just me or is the name Paul Potts just hilarious? reminds me of the dictator with the similar name

    You are thinking of Pol Pot of the Khmer Rouge who indeed was a dictator. He's up there with the baddest of baddies in human history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

    Back on topic, yeah I saw these Paul Potts videos a long time ago, and watching them again they are still inspirational. Does he have the best voice in the history of humanity? No. But he's very talented and actually has some humility in following his heart. Good for him for finding courage to express himself.

  • Reality check in games journalism - a short essay

    • Izuno
    • December 4, 2007 at 12:24 AM

    Quick! Reply to your own thread!

  • Activision + Blizzard = divide by zero

    • Izuno
    • December 3, 2007 at 4:53 AM

    If Blizzard had the abmition to be its own publisher it could be. I was at a holiday party on Friday with a bunch of industry people and all my friends from VUGames/Sierra kept saying how big 2008 was going to be for them and how they had some huge announcements coming soon. I have to admit I didn't see this coming, though.

  • OMG The greatest TV Advert of all time!

    • Izuno
    • November 23, 2007 at 7:59 PM

    yeah I like the new TV spots. Saw the Mr. T add on ESPN while watching some college football over Thanksgiving.

  • why I hate physical media

    • Izuno
    • November 15, 2007 at 9:36 PM

    Wow, Zaph...

    I received a copy of GHIII (for 360) and the disk had a small chunk on the outer edge with a half-moon type crack in it. Machine obviously won't read it.

    le sigh....

  • Crysis Reviews

    • Izuno
    • November 14, 2007 at 7:27 AM

    PC Gamer in US gave it a 98%.

  • LEGO BATMAN

    • Izuno
    • November 13, 2007 at 4:28 AM

    How about some Lego Pirates of the Carribean?

  • LEGO BATMAN

    • Izuno
    • November 12, 2007 at 9:51 PM

    Yeah i remember hearing about this...if it is as good as Lego SW then I'm all for it. Lego SW is like SSX3 to me...periodically I just load it up to play it cause I liked it so much and it's not the same old shooter or WoW or RTS game.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Izuno
    • November 9, 2007 at 10:30 PM

    My cousin who only owns a Wii and is a total Mac guy (only PC game he plays now is WoW...after being a loyal HL and etc fan for years... ) has decided to get a PS3 this winter because he wants 1080p and HDMI support with Blu-Ray. All the games he's interested in so far, Mercenaries 2 and Madden 08 and the Orange Box, are/will be on both 360 and PS3.

    So he's mainly a media technology geek and not really a gamer anymore and he's going to be in the Wii + PS3 category by year end.

    So has the media capabilities of the consoles impacted your buying choice? I think Fletch already stated his position on the matter...curious what others of you think.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2007 at 3:50 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Sorry I didn't see the "next gen" stuff on the poll title, that's why I edited my post.

    chillax dude

    ah we must have been posting/editing at the same time. you brought up a good point about a old consoles so wanted to respond. that's all.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2007 at 3:23 AM

    ...fyi if you are looking for the PS2 and other "old" consoles and handhelds I'm just trying to get a quick pulse on the main new consoles, that's all.

    Thanks for your responses.

  • Latest Mapcore console owernship survey

    • Izuno
    • November 8, 2007 at 2:39 AM

    Just thought I'd get an updated pulse on what consoles you own going into the holiday season...maybe we can do this again in January and compare.

    thanks!

  • Promises in Crysis

    • Izuno
    • November 7, 2007 at 5:11 AM

    regardless of how good the game actually looks when we get it in hand, I'm sure it's going to look plenty good and I have no real concerns. I am actaully more interested in how it plays and what the overall feel of it is. I haven't had time (or an upgraded PC yet) to get a full play of the demo...I will probably skip to the real thing once I get a retail copy.

  • New PS3 TV spot campaign

    • Izuno
    • November 2, 2007 at 12:58 AM

    One question i have is, are we ready start pulling for Sony? I don't mean that we have to pull for either 360 or Wii or PS3 or PC. What if all consoles and PC started doing well and more gamers entered the market, and more casual gamers started becoming "hardcore" or at least core enough to start respectfully appreciating high end titles that so many of us work on in one way or another? Remember all of our "omg why Sony?" conversations and such the last year or two? We had a lot of upset at Sony for the pricing and lack of good games, but as the price drops and the better games come out, are we ready to start hoping Sony does well? Doesn't 1st parties success mean, in general, a bigger better industry?

    Or do we not feel that? How do you feel about that?

  • Final Rock Band track list

    • Izuno
    • November 1, 2007 at 9:21 PM

    So basically if you already have a GH controller, you can use it with Rock Band or GHIII.

    If the gameplay is essentially the same, then I'll probably poor over the song list and choose that way...

    ...and is there a RB demo out yet? I played the GHIII demo on 360 and it's not bad, just more of the same really.

  • New PS3 TV spot campaign

    • Izuno
    • November 1, 2007 at 4:17 PM

    http://blog.us.playstation.com/

    Discuss.

  • Phantom Menace - Halo picture comparison

    • Izuno
    • October 25, 2007 at 11:47 PM

    No one said Halo was the most original idea ever. God knows it borrows a ton of things from the movie Aliens which of course is one of the biggest archetypes for first person shooters in general anyway...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™