1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Izuno
    • April 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

    So will GTA IV have any impact on whether you see Iron Man on it's opening weekend? I'm sure for many it's an n/a bit I'm just curious since I've heard people say GTAIV will seriously hurt Iron Man and some say it will zero effect.

  • Gearbox Ingame ad's

    • Izuno
    • April 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    Quote from WitchKing

    [What still amazes me, however, is how slow big parts for the game industry is in catching on to these tricks - considering how much of it is just directly transferable from the movie business.

    Game companies should get in more movie people. Or at least look at them and copy more.

    I get what you're saying but not everything transfers from medium to medium. Ever watch the TV show 24? I have, and I admit that I loved it....for a while. While I am obviously embilishing these lines and purposely misquoting them, here is what I remember on an emotional level from recent seasons:

    Jack: "Suspect is driving a blue Lexus ES 350 with the luxury package and smooth handling."

    Jack: "I'm uploading the schemetic from my Treo using the fastest, most reliable wireless network available." (Zoom in on Sprint logo on phone.)

    Chloe: "They can't break through that! It's a CISCO router!"

    Again, I know these were not the exact lines, but on 24 it just felt distracting because the show was not intented to be a farse and the frequent product placements became noticable and laughable and only highlighted how ridiculous the plots were becoming. But hey, it's 24...where were they gonna go? Nuking Valencia, CA in episode 4 of the last season was about all they could do I guess.

    Anyway, more on topic to Gearbox's in game ads...I hope it all goes well. Rigiht now it's all about testing the waters with this stuff and we need some more traditional games like a WWII shooter to test out how it can be done tastefully. Let's just hope the money's filters down into the developers pockets.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Izuno
    • April 10, 2008 at 3:58 AM

    I played No More Heroes a couple weeks ago. I get what they were going for but I feel like even for a Wii it could have been more polished.

    Ahem...my 360 has officially arrived at the Xbox repair center so I have faith that I'll have a working one by the time gta iv ships. at least i can play GHIII on the Wii while i wait.

  • Toons

    • Izuno
    • April 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM

    here's my 70 Feral NE Druid. Got some ok PVP gear but I have ways to go. I end up being my guild's go-to off/tank in heroics or Kara simply because I can shift to Cat/DPS form on the fly which is highly useful at times. Druid is weird class to play but highly versatile so always handy in a team fight.

    In PVP I pretty much am a team player...tanking the bosses in Alterac Valley, flag running in WSG or EoS and stealth offense/defense in AB. Problem is on my battlegroup (Emberstorm) horde owns most PVP.

    Anyway, i only got into this god damned time suck cause last year I had 6 months worth of client projects all on MMOs and I didn't know shit about them so I figured I should play the market leader. Some how I ended up at lvl 70 in a pretty fun guild and got hooked on PVP for a while.

    There is no "grind" emoticon to express what I'm feeling!

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Kregaathis

    Anyway, my gear loadout changes whether I'm tanking, DPS, BG or god forbid off/spec healing. I have two full bags of gear on me at all times plus the junk on my toon. :roll:

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Izuno
    • April 9, 2008 at 7:35 AM
    Quote from insta

    There's been a lot of Portal and Peggle lately. I have to send my Xbox off to repairs so that I'm ready for GTA4 when it comes out

    uh....yeah my 360 is off with MSFT right now. I pray for a return soon. :-|

  • Assassins's Solid

    • Izuno
    • April 2, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Well, it's not fake as such. The two studios did actually collaborate to create this, making it a first-party mod that'll probably never make it into the final release (although it'd be amazing if it were one of the bonus costumes you traditionally get at the end of MGS games).But we all knew that, right?

    Isn't there a Master Chief custom model for UT3? This was essentially an Altair model thrown into MSG4...so while it was cool to look at it's not like this hasn't been done before, especially consiering it's been done in PC mods for, what over a decade now? But as for adding to whatever MSG4 hype there is, hey, we all looked at, right?

  • New Gmail feature: custom time!!!

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM

    At least Blizzard is having fun with it. They warm my heart.

  • Assassins's Solid

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM

    very nicely done. :)

  • New Gmail feature: custom time!!!

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM

    Hey everyone,

    Did you see that google is rolling out a new feature called custom time?

    http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

    They are bringing it out just in time for ....for...oh...April 1.

    (See who at work/home/school you can sucker into thinking it's real!)

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2008 at 7:04 AM

    playd a bunch of garbage on Wii for this one project on casual games. thank god that proejct is over!!!

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Izuno
    • March 31, 2008 at 5:31 PM

    Oh since my 360 should be going in for repair I decided to buy GH III for the Wii simply because (1) it has a wireless guitar but so does GHIII for 360 thus (2) my wife will actually play it on the Wii. And, since we are trying to get up our place in Tahoe for some vacation this summer it is a lot easier to pack a Wii and a guitar controller that seperates than a 360 and one that doesn't. Oh it was cheap at Costco so wtf right?

  • BigDog!

    • Izuno
    • March 29, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    Quote

    ":1cdr072c]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Took me a second or two then I releaized, that's not the same Bigdog!!!

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Izuno
    • March 28, 2008 at 4:15 AM

    - Wii Bowling when I need to brainstorm crazy ideas

    - 360 Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. I loved the first R6Vegas. So far I'm liking this one too, though it certainly doesn't reinvent shooter games. Still...it's fun

    - Tried some 360 Frontlines:Fuel of War. I like it. Don't love it. Like it.

    - Guitar Hero II/III and Rock Band just cause.

    - Still play some WoW from time to time to help my guild run through Kara, mainly to help the nuggets or help my cousin lvl up his shadow priest but other than that the i'm thinking of sitting out till the expansion...or not. :roll:

    Too much work to do to really play anything in depth...want to play more!!!

  • BigDog!

    • Izuno
    • March 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    I don't read EOT, so it doesn't

    qft.

    that is some cool stuff, Mazy!

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • March 26, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    Quote from ShaDoW

    If you've tried different TV's and cables, then yeah it seems like the HDTV chip burned out or something. At least its a more original reason for getting a new 360 as opposed to the red ring of death.

    Or... could the problem be in the HDTV settings of your Xbox 360? Have a look at this or possibly easier, going with the official Microsoft's solution.

    Excellent suggestions. Thanks for pointing to me to that. The bad news is that none of that worked.

    It seems I am not the only one: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=503372 and I suspect that must be it (meaning, the bad sensor one of the posters mentions) because I get no sound or picture in HD modes.

    Quote from Someone on TeamXbox forum

    Mine did the same thing back in March of 06 and when I called M$ they told me that my console had a faulty sensor...the video card was not putting out a signal to my tv and there was nothing that I could do to fix it on my own. I had to send it back, but the new unit worked like a charm!

    I'm feeling like I have to send it in. I hope no one else here ever gets this problem.

    Images

    • 126_2629.webp
      • 46.31 kB
      • 1,024 × 374
    • 126_2624.webp
      • 27.06 kB
      • 1,024 × 332
    • 126_2618.webp
      • 39.57 kB
      • 1,024 × 302
    • 126_2614.webp
      • 79.14 kB
      • 1,024 × 663
    • 126_2612.webp
      • 49.94 kB
      • 512 × 768
    • 126_2610.webp
      • 36.27 kB
      • 512 × 768
    • 126_2609.webp
      • 44.09 kB
      • 459 × 768
    • 126_2605.webp
      • 68.55 kB
      • 553 × 768
    • 125_2597.webp
      • 18.64 kB
      • 491 × 768
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Izuno
    • March 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM
    Quote from dux

    Yeah I got that about 4 years ago, the extras are fantastic!

    QFT. possibly some of the best DVD extras ever.

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • March 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM

    no...it doesn't work on any HDTV.

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • March 24, 2008 at 10:50 PM

    Yours was a valid question, KFS. I wish I had VGA input in my crappy 720p Panasonic whatever it is Circa 2004. I'm sure the next TV will. Damn you MSFT and your inferior 360 HW!!!

  • Tropic Thunder Trailer

    • Izuno
    • March 21, 2008 at 4:50 PM

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

    Dare I like a Ben Stiller movie? It's been a while. I did enjoy that trailer.

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • March 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    you are switching the standard/HDTV switch, right? otherwise no idea

    Yes of course I am switching that. :) I had a fairly extensive test process to rule out what it might be...different HDTVs, different cables, differing inputs on different TVs, testing other devices on same inputs, etc etc etc. I just never heard of the HDTV output burning out while the standard TV output is unaffected.

    The nice person from India on the Xbox telephone support line was also baffled and had not heard of that either.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™