1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Age Of Conan MMORPG

    • Izuno
    • May 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM

    - OFF TOPIC -

    The only thing I really enjoy in wow is PVP (both BGs and Arena) or maybe 10-mans or 5-man heroics. The way I play now is log on, look for specific BG premade or instance with my guild and if none, run 30 minutes of dailies to earn gold and LOG THE HELL OFF for the day. While in general WoW is a horribly grinding time suck, there is something bizarrely fun about 10-man raiding with my guild which is mostly married couples in 20s and 30s who all play together. I swear they'd be swingers if they met in real life but thinking about the average WoW gamer and anything sexual in the same sentence...

    - ON TOPIC -

    I am more interested in the Warhammer's mmo, as I just don't find the Conan universe that exciting. I should at least try it just to stay abreast of competing games out there. :roll: But at this point i feel like if I'm going to spend serious time grinding, I'll probably just do it in WotLK expansion whenever that comes out.

  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

    • Izuno
    • May 21, 2008 at 9:09 PM

    I like the idea of Splinter Cell staying true to what made the series great. Being that ghost in the darkness is sweet and I'd like to do more. Sure, they should evolve the gameplay and make it awesomer if possible, but if they want to make a modern day Assassin's Creed type game, just do it. Make a new franchise. Or shit, make an actual spinnoff of Assassin's Creed set in current time or near future. I do realize that Splinter Cell brand name carries weight and they don't want to piss it away, but that's nature of the market place. All franchises tend to wax and wane. Just go with it and every so often come up with a new franchise and put quality work into it.

  • New Hulk trailer...

    • Izuno
    • May 21, 2008 at 5:49 PM

    uh...at this point i'm looking for better acting and story to pump up what is otherwise a smash-up action movie. Seriously. I'm peronsonally less interested in the CG quality but I've only seen the one trailer of this new Hulk movie so oh well.

    Hulk SMASH!

  • Games you regret buying?

    • Izuno
    • May 15, 2008 at 9:18 PM

    My wife regrets me "testing out" WoW for research on some MMO projects I did last year because it turned into a lvl 70 Druid with epic pvp gear.

    I regret buying Halo3. A rental would have been fine but I barely got into and haven't played in months.

  • Batman the dark knight trailer

    • Izuno
    • May 14, 2008 at 12:27 AM

    Batman Begins was by far my favorite Batman movie ever. I liked the first Batman movie with ... who was it Michael Keaton as Batman? It was great, hated all the other ones since (except Batman Begins of course).

    So this movie...yeah I admit I'm skeptical because of the joker role seems a bit off, but I'm willing to see it anyway and am overall expecting a good film. Christian Bale >>>> all other Batman hacks!

  • Bourne Conspiracy demo out on XBL

    • Izuno
    • May 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM

    Anyone else play it?

    Being an huge fan of the movies plus having studied a lot of Kali, Silat and even Krav Maga, gotta say some of the hand to hand combat moves are cool...

    But oy! The demo has problems.

  • Breaking News: Doom 4 announced!

    • Izuno
    • May 8, 2008 at 4:47 PM

    Wow that's a lot of job postings. Regardless of how much you liked Doom3 or not (I finished the game but it wasn't all that great to me) I still think id has ability to make something great and working on Doom4 would be an excellent opportunity for just about anyone. I hope some good Mapcorians get jobs there so we continue our takeover of the industry. Muhahahahahahahaha!

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    Quote from Erratic

    I think it's best to think of it as a platformer rather than a shooter.

    FPP

    haha! you just said "pee-pee" to yourself!

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM

    For me it's the concept of the gameplay that has me interested so far. The idea of simulating environmental awareness and intense bodily control with a keen sense of timing to rapidly navigate obstacles in the first person is actually amazing. Yeah, I know it will come down to how it feels in your hands (in either the controller or m/k) but given the attention to detail in a lot of things in that trailer, I can't believe DICE is going to drop the ball on this one.

    While I'm not sure about this since it's just a trailer, but the shot at the end with the full reveal of the main character nailed the vibe of the game. Faith is clearly a badass from what she can do in that trailer but it also makes her feel like a "I'm going to let my actions speak for me" kind of badass the way Gordon Freeman is. But the fact that this game has her be so much more physically involved on a primal level with her environment raises the bar. It's like she is an even greater master of her physical environment kind of the way Altair is in Assassins Creed....except greaterer-er.

    Oh...I find the crisp art design refreshing. I don't think the art direction is going to fail.

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2008 at 6:48 AM

    While I know the story has the potential to fall flat, I am hoping that it works and I'm really wanting to like the main character. The trailer hints at her being an interesting character but there's just not enough yet.

    How many times have you watched the trailer? I probably have about a dozen or more. I showed it to my wife and she thought the feel of it was very cool.

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2008 at 7:26 PM
    Quote from Acumen

    im absolutely loving the music in that video !it creates a really awesome atmosphere with the video footage, imo. the visual style of the game in motion looks even better than on the previously released screen material.

    in case anyone knows the interpret and title of the music (but i guess it's game soundtrack) - post it here

    really loving it !

    Agreed. I loved the music. It was both video-gamey and anti-video-gamey at the same time. It actually has a slight touch of EA's SSX3 in some of the "station" sections of mountains except this has a more dramatic feel.

    As for the drama in the story...

    Quote from Wikipedia

    The story revolves around a runner named Faith and her struggle to free her sister from a corrupt government. She is a young woman appearing to be of Chinese descent. Her parents were killed and she was forced to grow up on the street, later becoming a runner. Faith was taught not to rely on modern forms of communication, partially because the ruthless police state prefers eavesdropping every chance they get. So electronic communication is out. As Faith attempts to rescue her sister, while running messages for the criminal underworld, she gets caught up in a series of events which lead to her being pursued by the totalitarian government. Acting as Faith's guide is a mysterious character named Mercury, who will help Faith in her attempt to outwit and overcome many government agents that are out to eliminate her.

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2008 at 6:29 PM

    I think that was an excellent teaser trailer and I'm glad it was all in-game footage. The brightness, crispness and interesting music combined with 1st person platforming and hand-to-hand action gave it a "sophisticated" Nintendo feel, if there is such a thing. (really? no shooting according to Gamespot but you did shoot in that trailer but who knows...)

    I also like how your character is realastic looking and in a realistic environment though you're doing unrealstic things...though not unrealistic for a video game which isn't that unrealistic if you don't feel that realism needs to be unrealistically real, which in this case is totally realistic in an unrealistic sort of way.

    :brainexplode:

    Thumbs up. I'm into this.

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Izuno
    • May 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    The detail and capabilities in the world are definitely not downgraded from San Andreas. There have, however, been removals of the more annoying aspects of San Andreas such as the lame body building, etc.

    QFT, imo.

    Even though I have always known GTA is a great game series with millions of fans, I just never got into them despite owning GTA3 and GTA:SA. I played each for a little while then just gave up. This game has brought me back. I love it. I've played it on both PS3 and 360 haven't seen any crashes or hickups. It's game of the year so far for me, though I am very much excited to play Lego Indy.

  • New Hulk trailer...

    • Izuno
    • May 2, 2008 at 8:23 AM

    Somehow I forgot a new hulk movie was coming out. Some decent actors in this for sure...but...um...brain...hurts....

    http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/?__source=ggl_imgcnt

  • XBOX Live Gamertags / PSN User IDs

    • Izuno
    • April 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM

    xbl: IzunoMapper

    my ps3 is still in a box!

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Izuno
    • April 28, 2008 at 11:34 PM

    i know time zones vary around the world, but anyone waiting on line tonight to get it at midnight? The best buy right near me (dangerously speaking, it is a 5 minute walk from my house!) is going to have a big launch event, they say. My cousin wants to go but not sure if anyone can get it unless they preordered.

    ALso, which platform are people planning on getting it for?

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Izuno
    • April 23, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    Quote

    ":37xatvga]Gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Fpunltwh8&fmt=18approved!

    Not according to Take 2.

  • Forum links, open in new window?

    • Izuno
    • April 21, 2008 at 5:55 PM

    I am so used to right clickling and selecting "new window" or "new tab" that I don't care. The middle button is like giving that the middle finger. Where is our :middlefinger: emoticon?

    Anyway, I did notice that too, Twiz, but I guess I got over it. I now am OK with how the Mapcore forums operate, though if there is a customizable setting that users can control, that would be best it seems.

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • April 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM

    OK got it working. We tried to reset the video output again and got it working....

    YAY!!!!

  • 360 not outputting to HDTVs

    • Izuno
    • April 18, 2008 at 12:02 AM

    Just got my Xbox 360 back from MSFT Support today. Guess what, IT STILL DOES NOT FRAKKING WORK!!!! :ssj:

    update: I called MSFT support, they said I have to send it in AGAIN. At least my warranty has been extended by a year at cost of 99 bucks. This second time I won't have to pay for it, but holy shit didn't they test it? I've tried every test combination using my cousin's 360 cable, his HDTV as well as his 360 with my HTDV and it all points to my HD output STILL not working. We've tried every trick we can find on the web and nothing works.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™