1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Club for people who have seen The Dark Knight

    • Izuno
    • July 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM

    Loved this movie. I loved Batman Begins, too...so I hope they make a 3rd with Christian Bale. Too bad about Heath Ledger, he was brilliant.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Izuno
    • July 26, 2008 at 7:00 PM

    Coolness, Zaph.

    Sorry I haven't visited the thread in a while so I have not read all the previous posts, but are you planning on taking this to Xbox Live Arcade? Microsoft just announced that they will be letting developers keep up to 70% of gross revenues from sales of arcade games on Live.

    http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/ ... ues/?biz=1

  • New 3G iPhone

    • Izuno
    • July 23, 2008 at 4:29 PM

    Gah...

    as I said before i have a Treo700p which has AWESOME calendar and HORRIBLE internet. And it's multimedia is a joke compared to an iPhone. I personally like the touchscreen/stylus over the scroll feature of a Blackberry, but i'm at the point now where I need to use email on the phone a lot and stay better connected while mobile. My options are:

    1) Keep Treo and upgrade to data plan on verizon for $45+ per month. Suck my ass verizon!

    2) Get a Crackberry and just be like all my lawyer and banker friends...even my wife now has a Blackberry.

    3) Get an iPhone and be all cool (juh?) but suffer the virtual keyboard, switch to AT&T and actually pay less for minutes + data combined then I am paying for minutes alone.

    Help me Obi-core, you're my only hope.

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Good luck Arttu :D

    • Izuno
    • July 23, 2008 at 12:59 AM

    Awesome! Congrats on interview...and eventually a job hopefully. Back in the DoD 1.3 days you helped on one of my maps, dod_switch, that eventually took over earth (wait...no it didn't) but it came out well enough to go official and i knew you were probably going to go further as a mapper than I ever would.

    Keep us posted on how it goes!

  • Wolfenstein

    • Izuno
    • July 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM

    Aside from the graphical criticism (which I do agree is valid) I'm thinking about why Wolfy is getting redone for nextgen consoles? I guess it's the brand that keeps on giving...like every other gaming franchise out there.

    take me back to Wolf:ET on PC. still my favorite LAN shooter game of all time... (closely followed by CoD:UO).

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Izuno
    • July 15, 2008 at 11:59 PM

    I'm in.

  • New 3G iPhone

    • Izuno
    • July 12, 2008 at 12:05 AM
    Quote from Ginger Lord

    Oh what a surprise...Like all Apple products, they fuck over the early adopters.

    Nothing about the iPhone appeals to me, doubt I'll ever pick one up. Used one in an Apple store and found the keyboard a pain to use (don't even have fat hands) and was greasy and smeary as fuck.

    Left my portfolio site on the browser though

    RAAAAWWWWRRRR !!! they may take GL's life but they'll never sell him Apple!!!!

    Seriously, I do want one...but the damn virtual keyboard. I have played with my cousins iPhone a lot and i can't get used to it.

    i love my Treo's calendar (Palm OS) but internet on a Treo = lose. I could just get a Crackberry...

  • Game Development Cost

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2008 at 4:48 AM
    Quote from zaphod

    if there is one thing my time in the game industry has seared permanently into the gray tissue of my brain, it is this statement.

    zaphod wins

  • Game Development Cost

    • Izuno
    • July 11, 2008 at 1:11 AM
    Quote from zaphod

    take it back!!!

    it means suits make mistakes like everyone else. [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Game Development Cost

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2008 at 11:40 PM

    It's super easy to crticize a company that you do not work for about a project they did that you didn't work on. People are human, and not everything goes to plan. Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a game's development process is to stop the bad direction it's going in and redesign it based on a new technology, new/better vision or other factors that are impossible to predict. Not always, but sometimes.

    Notice how easy it is to look at developers in hindsight and say "they are idiots" or "they should not have taken as long as they did" or "I bet they lost money" etc. I'm not saying mistakes don't get made and bad management doesn't get in the way. It's just that no one person or team has infinite wisdom and foresight to see all ends of a production process. Even well conceived, carefully planned projects go astray. Nothing is a sure thing in this industry so notice how quick we are to criticize. Could many projects have gone better if everyone was better aligned from the beginning? Of course. I deal with that all the time. But game developers and pulishers (and even the suits) are human beings. Expressing outrage in hindsight is generally useless. Instead, look for what you have to learn from the situation and move on. That's it.

  • Wal-Mar lets PS3 cat out-o-bag or do we believe/care?

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2008 at 7:48 PM

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/09/wal- ... -in-augus/

    Eh...not exactly earth shattering but in case ye be interested in PS3 tidbits...

  • E3 2008

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    damn. i am actually in LA at that time and i wish i could go anyone have a ticket they dont plan to use?

    Doesn't work that way anymore. E3 is back in the LA Convetion Center but it's all in one hall and there are no huge booths and it's not a giant sensory overload like it was in pre 2007 years. You can't give away extra passes anymore simply because extra passes essentially don't exist. And instead of 65000 people attending it will be around 5000, most of which are people who work at publishers/developers, retail buyers and press or investors/analysts. While there will be games on display, it's not a big production anymore.

    IF anyone is going and wants to meet, I'll be down there Tuesday in various meetings with people(s). Hopefully i'll get to tour the convention floor but not sure yet.

  • Buying new laptop, need help!

    • Izuno
    • July 9, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    why exactly do you need a laptop to game on if you have a desktop pc?

    i have both...it's nice to be able to game when on the road esp if you travel for work.

  • Buying new laptop, need help!

    • Izuno
    • July 7, 2008 at 5:37 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Looking for quality and power?http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

    QFT

    I have a macbook pro from mid-2006 and just put latest OS Leopard (or whichever OS it is) on it with "supported" bootcamp+drivers on it. Runs amazingly well for games as well as very complicated databases I use in my business. It runs Windows XP better than my "native" Windows desktop. The newer macbookpros have faster/bigger/better hardware but ever since the latest bootcamp software came out with the new OS, my mac runs like a dream even though it runs windows.

    That said, ain't the cheapest.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM

    Nice work, Zaphod.

  • Quake Live

    • Izuno
    • June 5, 2008 at 6:31 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Agreed. Warby needs his head checked :G

    eh, I really enjoyed UT99 a lot, but I recall playing Q3A more. But the point is, Q3A is coming to a browser near you, so discussing which is better, while interesting, doesn't really mean much when we are setting up some mapcore tourneys.

    [off topic]

    i noticed we have a emoticon. where is our ftw emoticon? (i love how ftw is wtf backwards)

  • Quake Live

    • Izuno
    • June 4, 2008 at 6:41 PM

    OMG quake3 in a browser. NSFWP (not safe for work productivity)

  • race driver GRID

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM

    I had a lot of fun with the 360 demo. No it's not the same as DiRT nor is it exactly like PGR or NFS or etc. But that's a good thing. It's getting harder and harder to be "original" in the racing category but good effort wtih this one. I must say that the drifting in the demo's Japanese sample race was more fun than I expected it to be.

  • Bourne Conspiracy demo out on XBL

    • Izuno
    • May 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM

    Bumping a slightly old thread because I'm curious if anyone has played the demo and has an opinion, or if anyone has an opinion about the TV spot except I can't find a link for it.

  • dod_palermo

    • Izuno
    • May 27, 2008 at 6:48 AM

    Glad at least they put it out. It was a great map, I remember playing it on CoJ for a while. I miss my DoD days.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™