1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • US WoW Players

    • Izuno
    • September 11, 2008 at 11:42 PM

    Yay! Truth is, no one really knows what's going to happen to WoW subscriptions fo' sure...I have to find a real topic and work mapcore into it...

    http://dailygame.net/news/archives/008255.php

  • Level Design Survey Results

    • Izuno
    • September 11, 2008 at 4:45 PM

    thanks for that. great great survery and if you can do it again for only pros in the industry, or at least segment all the charts out by pros/modders, that would be awesome. we need more research like this. looking forward to what you do next.

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Izuno
    • September 8, 2008 at 5:59 AM

    I haven't gotten it yet but I know it is having an impact when my dad says to me: "So are you getting the game Spore? I read an interview with Wil Wright."

    lol awesomeness.

  • Warhammer 40k - Space Marine

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2008 at 10:25 PM

    Man i recall working on Fire Warrior years ago. Good times. Hope this game is better...er.

  • Gearbox Rumored to be Working on Halo 4

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Or it could be that in commenting, they'll be shot for breaking the NDA

    That's my guess. In all fairness to Gearbox guys, please give us your input when it's allowed/appropriate...and when you are out of HH crunch.

    (ironically that's on topic)

    back off topic which has actually become the new topic of this thread:

    I've always believed that Halo 1 did a lot of things fairly well, just not great, and somehow the combination of these "kinda good things" became a great game on the Xbox mainly because of the the absense of great games at the console's launch. Add on Microsoft marketing power to make Halo the table top game of the Xbox and you get a brand phenomenon. Peronally, I played Mercernaries on Xbox WAAAAAAAY more than I ever did Halo even though Halo had roughly 10 times the sales of Mercs. I would give Mercs a 10/10 if I reviewed and Halo would be somewhere lower.

    So Halo's success wasn't just because it did a lot of things fairly well (rather than awesome, imo) but also because what the hell else were you going to play on the Xbox at the time? It was the first shooter to control fairly well (ok, maybe not driving but what else did you have back in 2001/2002 to compare to in a shooter game on Xbox, remember?) and at the time It just felt good in your hands, even with the big fat duke controller. I just wanted to play it because the feel of it in my hands was empowering and different than my beloved mouse/kb combination. Microsoft took that energy and just ran with it. Oh boy did they run.

    Bottom line, I've liked a lot of other console games more despite having no where near the sales of Halo, yet I'm not going to argue that Halo does not deserve the sales that it has achieved. It got what it got because that's what the marketplace wanted, whether through marketing influence or not. If the market did not want it to sell 400 trillion copies in 37 seconds after launch, it would not have happened.

    Ok...now I'm eager to play some Mercs 2 when it comes out...

  • Gearbox Rumored to be Working on Halo 4

    • Izuno
    • August 26, 2008 at 8:27 PM

    Really?

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/gearbox ... ing-halo-4

  • Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM

    While I liked this cinematic, as with all Blizzard cinematics, it had me wanting to see more about the new areas / abilities etc in the expansion, but that's asking a bit much I suppose. I'm sure WotLK will have a huge launch and I might be back to doing more "MMO research" in Northrend :roll:

  • Weird computer problem

    • Izuno
    • August 20, 2008 at 8:00 PM

    Doh...sorry to hear that, Klein. Let this be a reminder to always back up your data before getting your computer worked on (if possible).

    Meanwhile, Logitech mice FTW.

  • WoW + iPhone in a single thread? Yes, it's a real thread...

    • Izuno
    • August 19, 2008 at 1:02 AM

    Meh or Huzaa? You make the call:

    First of all...

    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/08/18/ch ... -worldwid/

    Second of all...

    http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/08/01/wa ... s-for-you/

    Third of all

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Keep in mind the video is not actually portable WoW on your iphone...just an extra monitor. Still you have fun telling your drunk friends WoW runs on an iPhone.

  • New Heavy Rain screenshots

    • Izuno
    • August 12, 2008 at 7:58 PM

    Looks very good overall, though this shows there still is way more to go before we get lip sync quality to match quality of general body movement/animation.

  • The coolest parking garage ever

    • Izuno
    • August 7, 2008 at 5:32 PM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    But if you aren't in the right position, you just see all these lines streaking along the floor and walls.

    That's a good thing.

  • The coolest parking garage ever

    • Izuno
    • August 5, 2008 at 7:30 AM

    What's great about those photos is that if someone were to ask me "what makes a video game level designer cool?" I would say it's because they would greatly appreciate a garage with direction signs like that.

  • When Portal meets Mirrors Edges

    • Izuno
    • August 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM

    Interesting I suppose but if anything this shows the games are clearly different, despite both being first person puzzler type games. And that's a good thing, imo. Portal is awesome. Hopefully M.E. will be awesome but different ...which it obviously feels like it will be :duh:

  • THQ knows how to market a game

    • Izuno
    • August 3, 2008 at 12:53 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    I'm fairly certain the producer thing is just a joke. We've already established the video is parodying the Jade Raymond Assassin's Creed Dev Diaries.

    exactly! somehow this just feels off...actually makes me less interested in the game for intangible reasons. i guess the parody just doesn't seem that interesting.

  • The coolest parking garage ever

    • Izuno
    • August 2, 2008 at 6:55 PM

    awesome post! klein teh winnar!

  • RAGE

    • Izuno
    • August 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM

    best brown ever.

  • THQ knows how to market a game

    • Izuno
    • August 1, 2008 at 11:50 PM

    Other than attracting attention which has obvious PR/marketing benefits, what actual value will she add to the project? Even if her likeness is in the game, what value does she provide as a producer? I'm not saying she does not offer value, I'd just like to know more about what her contribution to the creative design and production process is. :science:

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Izuno
    • August 1, 2008 at 3:17 AM

    Guess what "bought it" this week?

    Hint:

    [Blocked Image: http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/red-ring-of-death-rrod.jpg]

    Images

    • city1.webp
      • 30.49 kB
      • 1,024 × 640
    • city2.webp
      • 40.46 kB
      • 1,024 × 640
    • city3.webp
      • 36.38 kB
      • 1,024 × 640
  • What Microsoft Needs To Change To Satisfy Indies

    • Izuno
    • July 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM

    Good article. It's always the monies. That said, good content that has wide appeal usually finds a way to make money, and hopefully the devs get a piece of it. I'd still keep it in mind for the long run for your game, Zaph, as you never know. Still, continuing on with your current focus is probably the best strategy for now.

    off topic, have you thought about adapting your game for the iPhone? I'm sure that's a new set of financial/technical challenges.

  • Vivendi studios and projects face uncertain future

    • Izuno
    • July 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM

    as painful as this may be in the short run for some people, it often works out for the best in the long run.

    this doesn't feel like a big surprise. A few months ago I hung out with a bunch of friends from Sierra/Vivendi and they were all assuming every product/brand under their label was up for review.

    Anyway, I'm still hoping the Ghostbusters game is good and gets good publishing treatment.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™