1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Izuno
    • July 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM

    That was just the packaging prototype, which looks damn near 100% done. The game itself still has plenty of time before it needs to go gold since street date is Nov 10.

  • Alan Wake

    • Izuno
    • July 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM

    Feeling more like an undefined conceptual disaster in the making due to how long it seems to be taking. Still, for all we know this could be the greatest game ever when released, but it's starting to face an uphill climb with many who once were enamored with it.

    Otherwise, what Mazy said.

  • Gaikai

    • Izuno
    • July 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM

    I assume Mr. Perry is showing off a prototype system, not a production one ready for millions of consumers. That said, I'm cautiously optimistic about this technology in the long run. Question is, how long is that?

  • The Pacific

    • Izuno
    • June 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    Yep. What everybody said.

    Although I feel I had already known a lot about WWII history when SPR and then BoB came out, both pieces got me re-interested about the topic I ended up learning a lot more because of it, partially due to all the WWII gaming I both played and worked on in the years since. Since I have generally known less about the Pacific Theatre, I'm looking forward to this.

    WWII is still cool even if you've had your full share of it in games and need "a break" from it for a while.

  • IGN killing Planet and other freely hosted sites on Aug 31?

    • Izuno
    • June 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM

    Wow I had no idea. Thanks for posting. I downloaded my hosted site which has been dormant on PHL for years now. Brought back fond memories of my DoD mapping days.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2009 at 4:57 PM

    Anyone try the Uncharted2 MP beta yet? Open beta is supposed to end June 28.

  • Left4Dead 2

    • Izuno
    • June 5, 2009 at 6:22 AM

    Played it today at E3. The Durrr Analysis: if you like L4D you will like this. If you don't like L4D, don't buy it.

    I liked the incendiary rounds cause you can only get 50 at a time but you probably don't want everyone in a co-op game to always use them at the same time cause then everything is on fire and when that happens, it's very easy for you and teammates to catch on fire as well which is not fun. Definitely an opportunity for strategic thinking, though.

    I would like the new setting to have more atmosphere. The park level I played today was nice but a little dry imo.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • June 5, 2009 at 2:47 AM

    I got to play the SP today at E3. Just sick. My favorite game of E3. Gotta jump into the MP beta woot!

    The coop looked great tho I didn't play it.

    The MP, while looking good, interested me less but good for Sony for putting a lot into this. Still, a lot of people at the show were very excited about it.

    But man, the SP was just so awesome, even though I can't say it was all that revolutionary. It's just the way the game puts all the details together. Plus the writing and voice acting and humor were just the right tone.

    On then i played God of War III....awesome. GoW fans will be pleased...but I am still looking forward to Uncharted 2 more.

    Come on Sony...sell more consoles so all the devs out there have more to sell games into. Go GO GO!

  • E3 2009

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2009 at 6:22 AM

    Duffy...pls put that in a PM. :)

    Meanwhile, yes, Mazy, I agree that a lot of Sony's lineup is turning the ship in a positive direction, at least for the "core" gamer whatever that means anymore. I saw Uncharted 2 and God of War III up close and am now looking forward to them much more than before, even though they are sequels.

    This year though...it's all about casual/fitness games. omg...industry is banking on people losing weight with the Wii like Jared "lost weight" with Subway. But don't they know, Jared had aides?....

  • E3 2009

    • Izuno
    • May 31, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    Quote from Ginger Lord

    Copied from another forum, probably mostly speculation but anyway:

    I would love to see a great 24 game. The PS2 one from a few years back missed the mark. So much potential if can execute right, but that's not necc. an easy task.

  • Terminator Salvation

    • Izuno
    • May 21, 2009 at 5:08 PM

    Oh boy a few points...

    1) Weren't T1-3 all Rated R in the US? Isn't T-Salvation PG-13? That alone speaks volumes, sorta.

    2) Yes, as stated above, where is my frakin blue tint?

    3) 1 and 2 above plus lack of the Governator point to an obvious franchise reboot. This ain't your dad's terminator.

    4) Giant monster robot things for the Transformers Generation. sigh...

    5) Isn't this the film where Christian Bale went wacko on set?

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Hope that doesn't f****** reflect on the f****** film. Give me a f****** answer someone? For f***s sake! What the f*** is going on this f****** site? Why was he so f****** mad? Was he worried it wouldn't f****** do well? Was he thinking "I'm no f****** Arnold?

    6) Finally, and most important, the cuts in the gameplay footage were all 2 to 5 seconds or so. While not terrible, I think gameplay trailers should have at least one cut of 15 to twenty seconds of something excellent that gives you a proxy for a "minute in the life" of a game. Many bad games can string together several 2 to 5 second shots of something interesting, but I find the really best games can show 15 seconds or more of uninterrupted footage and still seem excellent all the way through the cut. Just something i've been noticing...

  • E3 2009, June 2-4 Los Angeles

    • Izuno
    • May 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM

    Anyone else going? I hear it will be back to 60, maybe 70% of its former glory. Sorta.

  • Brütal Legend

    • Izuno
    • May 1, 2009 at 7:36 PM

    The trailer indicates EA is going all out on this one...it was basically a movie trailer of a game, even had the standard movie trailer narrator used so heavily in the US. If this game plays well at all I'm definitely in. For once, I am actually excited about the fact that a celebrity/actor in the game is used in the promotion of the game itself.

    On the flip side, it's soooooo much easier to make a trailer funny than a movie and multiply that by ten when comparing to a game, unless the humor is dependent on in-game cutscenes etc. I digress...

    Bottom line, I'm optimistically excited about this one.

  • Regarding Meatwad/MrH2o‏

    • Izuno
    • April 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM

    Wow this is very shocking, sad news.

    I didn't know him well but I do remember him from years ago back on IRC when I used to hang out there, and of course on our little site here. Very sad indeed. My condolences to his family, loved ones and all his friends. And my special condolences to everyone here who knew him better than I did. It is clear he will be missed greatly.

  • OnLive

    • Izuno
    • April 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM

    Interestingly, by the end of GDC my simultaneous amazement and skepticism gave way to the belief that most likely the owners were looking to sell the company to a larger entity. Bottom line, it's going to take a HUGE capital investment to make this a reality and it will still take years, so why not cash out now and use GDC to generate press and fan investor interest?

    Keith Boesky has a very detailed blog post about the likelihood of an OnLive buyout at http://boesky.blogspot.com/2009/04/onli ... ition.html. He doesn't claim to understand the tech and isn't analyzing that part, but it's a great post on the business perspective of OnLive.

  • PC racing wheels

    • Izuno
    • March 31, 2009 at 6:58 AM

    Yeah, racing is becoming an increasingly niche category on PC, even though there are some very excellent racing sims out there for those into it. I'm not expecting many people here to have a wheel peripheral, but doesn't hurt to ask.

  • PC racing wheels

    • Izuno
    • March 31, 2009 at 12:45 AM

    Does anyone here play PC racing games using a racing wheel peripheral? If so, I'm interested in the make/model and approximately when you got it and what country. I'm compiling a list of what people are actually using (as opposed to what industry sales data says has been sold in 2008). A sample here might help me uncover some I didn't find in my rummaging of the internet and such.

    If ye'd be so kinde as to poste thy steering wheelsts of thy choice...erm...yeah t'would appreciate.

    tyvm

  • OnLive

    • Izuno
    • March 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM

    I played Crysis on it briefly at GDC yesterday. However, "played" is a loose term since I only had five minutes and an OnLive rep was talking at me the whole time about the tech, much of which distracted me from playing (with a console controller, not a M/KB). Also, the scene I was in was a semi industrial environment with a fair amount of plants and no enemies shooting back at me...nothing to really shoot at at all and by the end I moved around like 30 feet in the game cause they kept distracting me with information about the potential of the system. Then I had to go to another meeting.

    So it was not a fair test. I saw a ton of video of games but it just didn't feel like it was ready yet. There are a ton of technical things to overcome for mass adoption, not to mention the penetration of truly dependable multiple megabit bandwidth. FFS my Time Warner cable connection has hiccups all the time and I get lag issues in games semi frequently. In a traditional online game like TF2 or WoW you can live with it. I'm not sure if I could live with my single player Crysis or whatever game having hiccups like that.

    I'm pissed I didn't get to see it more, but my opinion right now is: prove it, OnLive, prove it. And even when you prove it, prove it again. And again. Eventually I'm all for it or similar / competing service but I think it's going to be a while before this gets critical mass.

    Oh I think the analysis in this thread is pretty dead on. Woot.

  • GDC 2009 March 23-27

    • Izuno
    • March 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    I'll be there with my partner Brian, repping NimbleBit

    Are you setting up somewhere or are you doing it all in meetings? I'd love to check out what you've got first hand if you know where you'll be. I'm only going to be there on Wed/Thurs.

  • GDC 2009 March 23-27

    • Izuno
    • March 10, 2009 at 5:08 PM

    Anyone else going?

    http://www.gdconf.com/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™