1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • E3 2010

    • Izuno
    • June 17, 2010 at 7:33 AM

    Didn't get to play Killzone 3 in 3D yet but will do tomorrow. Here you can see that 3D is being experienced by this dude:

    [Blocked Image: http://strategicgameconsulting.com/bin/kz3d.jpg]

    And I just thought this guy at the booth looked cool:

    [Blocked Image: http://strategicgameconsulting.com/bin/killzone_actor.jpg]

    More photos to come when I can...

  • E3 2010

    • Izuno
    • June 17, 2010 at 6:10 AM

    So many things to talk about from E3...i have about 450 photos to go through that my cousin took with his Nikon D90 or D5000 or whatever he has... omg...overwhelm....a few initial rambling thoughts:

    1) Mazy ~ it was good to meet you in person finally at the K&L2 booth. I like the MP concept a lot...just get the camera and controls nailed down and I'm in!!! Will post photos when my cousin finishes light correction etc...

    2) The 40K SPACE MARINE IS TEH AWESOMES!!! Also had a chaos marine. sooooo badass. THQ'S booth was shockingly awesome.

    EDIT:

    [Blocked Image: http://strategicgameconsulting.com/bin/me_and_marine.jpg]

    3) THQ's Homefront is looking fun...i'm really wanting it to rock after watching the game demo today.

    4) Warhammer 40k online...omg looks good for an MMO

    5) Star Wars MMO: I estimate it will cost $200 million all in to create it by the time it launches. The CG trailer was awesome, but it's just a hype trailer...

    6) Even Harry Potter is becoming a shooter game. Is everything at EA becoming a shooter?

    7) Goldeneye on Wii. Finally some worthy nostalgia on Wii

    8 ) 3DS might have a 3G chip in it for "always on" connection like a Kindle. Could be prices as much as $249 which sounds crazy...

    9) Sony's PS3 3-D stuff works, but it does not add much to the gameplay IMO. The 3-D in the throwaway racing demo was annoying. Rule of 3-D: if underlying game sucks, 3-D does not make it better! I have a Sony booth tour so maybe we'll get more inside scoop. Stay tuned i guess.

    10) Microsoft Kinect: No price point announced. Totally casual focused. Yeah, you can navigate menus with it and it had voice response. It can't do Z-axis which does limit the kinds of games you can control with it Meh...

    11) Sony Move...looks stupid but it does work and it is very sensitive...feels more sensitive than Wii motion plus. Price point is good and will launch with 40 titles (Kinect will have 15) ....so PS3 might have better shot at getting that infamous casual Wii consumer than the 360 will.

    12) Core 360 gamers will have an orgasm of stuff they typically love: new Halo, new Fable, new Gears, more Duty and new MoH. But the people already interested in these games generally already have a 360.

    13) OnLive biz model seems terribly flawed. Technologically, I don't know if Gaikai really has it yet, but at least their business model is scalable and makes more sense initially. Verdict is still pending...

    14) OMG...too much to write about....um...

  • E3 2010

    • Izuno
    • June 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM

    Move over Halo: Combat Evolved and make way for

    YOUR SHAPE: FITNESS EVOLVED

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM

    So far I've only had time to log about 8 hours of singleplayer, but I also like this a lot more than GTA IV which I still consider an excellent game. I'm hoping to finish the SP by E3 but i'm so busy might not happen.

  • E3 2010

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Sure man, if there's more core folks around then we could maybe hook up and do a lil core gathering. Oh and I have no idea how you look, but I'm the lanky looking blonde fellow in the Square booth, should narrow it down

    No worries I have found you on mapcore:

    [Blocked Image: http://forums.mapcore.net/download/file.php?id=882&mode=view]

  • 3D gaming (stereoscopic etc kind...) do you care?

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2010 at 12:23 AM

    Duly noted. My feeling is that in the near term 3-D gaming (at least on consoles) is going to be mostly hot air and PR hype in 2010. I think it's going to take time for really intelligent uses of to come out, plus the install base of TVs capable of displaying it will take time to grow as well.

    Going a step further, watch some videos of the 3D Gaming Summit on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... =0&spell=1

    Pay special attention to the movie industry people who are so gung ho on 3-D gaming. We need a :hotair: emoticon.

  • E3 2010

    • Izuno
    • June 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM

    Mazy ~ I'll come by your booth so we can meet face to face and destroy our mental concepts of one another...and so you can pimp your game

  • iPhone 4

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    Last July I dropped my 3G phone and had serious hw issues. thankfully I was still under the 1 year warranty that saved me quite a bit to replace my phone. I bought another year of protection for $70 bucks. I must admit given how fragile these phones are and how important they are, they are one of the few devices I would ever get the warranty for since the replacement cost without a new contract is a LOT.

    And yeah, I am glad I skipped 3GS and will probably take advantage of the 6-months-upgrade-early-deal-thingy since my contract expires in Nov this year.

  • 3D gaming (stereoscopic etc kind...) do you care?

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2010 at 9:49 PM

    Aside from the motion gaming stuff from Sony and Microsoft, another early big question ahead of E3 next week is about 3D gaming. What will Sony / MSFT need to show or announce that will make you interested in it if you are not already? From what I have seen, yeah, it's kinda cool. Some gamers I've spoken with act like it will be the biggest revolution in gaming since 3D gaming of the early 1990s (ie the kind many people saw when they played Doom's pseudo 3D for the first time). Do I want to pay $3,000 for a TV capable of displaying 3D games & movies? Meh. I checked out Monsters vs. Aliens last month at Best Buy and I found the 3D distracting. I went again recently and the only demo they had was the same movie. Would I eventually want this tech in my home if the content was widespread enough and the price of the hardware was low enough? Sure. Oh, wait,the glasses... Anyway, I'm skeptical that I will buy into it this year.

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2010 at 4:26 AM

    Sweet. Nice thinking KFS.

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Izuno
    • May 22, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    Quote from CompoSITe

    Just quit my job after 5 years and 18 mp maps.Crazy times.

    IW's loss. Sorry to hear that.

    If you are on to Respawn then good luck there. If not, you've got 5 years of CoD games on your resume which is not a bad thing.

  • Call of Duty 7: Black Ops

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM

    Call of Duty: Legal Warfare

  • Alan Wake

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2010 at 5:45 PM

    Four out of five suits say it helps reduce piracy and used game sales.

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/free-dl ... ake-buyers

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Izuno
    • April 28, 2010 at 5:26 PM

    One analyst's speculation:

    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/infi ... s-analyst/

    If that actually happens, what a turn of events.

  • Heavy Rain

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    Quote

    ":28xa7932]Yep, Character / Camera Controls are horrible on Heavy Rain, apart from that It's a nice game. The French are learning a few things.

    That aspect pissed me off on several occasions, but still I liked the game enough to finish it. Guess I just got used to it and paid more attention to the moments I liked and then the story itself...which for a video game was interesting enough.

    Also, I thought the music was good and that slightly helped hold my interest despite wanting to throw the controller sometimes.

  • VOIP in MP games...

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

    Quick question, can anyone think of a game with multi-player gameplay that does not have integrated voice chat in it?

    I know in WoW most people use vent as the ingame voice chat is less popular, but of the recent shooters (with MP) and MMOs out there do any of them not feature VOIP?

    And on consoles, I can't think of any recent shooter game with MP that doesn't have voice chat integrated into the game...all you need is a microphone. Isn't the voip in MP games a feature of Xbox Live / PSN?

    Thanks for any input.

  • Heavy Rain

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2010 at 6:28 AM

    I finally got around to beating the game this weekend. My thoughts:

    1) It's definitely different from games as a mainly QTE affair, but I really enjoyed it. It's not Call of Halo IV or whatever but that's a good thing. I'm glad it is different.

    2) WTG SCEE. Seriously, top notch writing/acting for a video game. It was honestly touching and shocking in certain moments, simply because you are DOING the stuff, not just watching like in a film.

    3) But as with a good film, this game allowed you to identify with the different characters you played as. The way it was done worked for me.

    4) There were still a lot of annoying moments, but overall they did not detract much.

    So if you own a PS3 and have not tried it, at least rent or borrow it. I rented it and decided to buy it in the end because I thought Sony deserved the sale after taking a chance on a game like this.

    [OT]Now I just can't wait to try Red Dead Redemption.[/OT]

  • Alan Wake

    • Izuno
    • April 18, 2010 at 11:39 PM

    That felt more like a retailer targeted video with the narrative explaining why it's going to be a good product. However, the game is looking much more interesting now and I'm officially excited for it.

    It's definitely different from Heavy Rain (not that we didn't know that already) but I'm glad the 360 has its own "sophisticated" style game that could actually sell respectably well given it does not have "Halo" "Gears" "___ of ___" "Modern" or "2" or "III" etc in its name.

    :optimistic:

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Izuno
    • April 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM

    That's a lot of leads departing. From our outside perspective you have to think the end is coming, though who knows what Activision will do at this point.

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Izuno
    • April 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM

    Business Intelligence.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™