1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Izuno
    • October 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM

    While I can see what some people are saying about the graphics, overall they are good enough for me to still play.

    For me, this game is about:

    #1. the gameplay

    #2. the sound design. this includes the music design. James Horner ftw! But the sound design in Aliens helped put that movie on the map. This game has to sound like that movie. Yeah...I know some people got their Aliens gaming fix via past AvP games. To hell with that they never did it for me.

    #3. the writing/voice acting. Doesn't need to be Shakespeare (nor should it) and I don't even care how deep or "good" the story is. I just want the actual voice acting and little bits of dialog to be good. As long as the plot/story isn't a turd I'm fine, but shitty voice acting makes me sad

    #4. the animations of both humans and aliens. No brainer here but at this point in the evolution of games shitty animations make me cringe about as much as shitty voice acting does. I'm not exactly worried based on what I've seen so far...

    Honestly I didn't like the trailer due to the way it was cut since I'm a nitpicking asshole in that department. That said, I'm still excited for this one. Gooooo Gearbox!

    And another thing...when making an Aliens game...

    wait...getting a text message. it reads: "stop ranting @ a:cm @ mapcore u fukhead"

  • R.I.P Engineer

    • Izuno
    • October 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    Noooooo :( :( This can't be true.... I just talked to him on AIM two weeks ago and we were talking about the old school DOD days and making mannzerfaust jokes.

    He actually made my original urbandictionary entry 8 1/2 years ago http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =kleinluka

    RIP ENGINEER. You will be missed.

    And one last time:

    MANN

    I also remember him from the DoD days but I didn't know him as well you and some otheres did. Still, very sad to hear the news.

  • Homefront 2

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM

    Erm... I've known this was coming for months...but whatever...

    1. Yes it's trying to be like Call of Duty

    2. Homefront had some serious issues. Serious issues. It was short, buggy, often ugly, had a terrible script, cringe worthy voice acting, and CoD style gameplay that wasn't as good as CoD. And more.

    But...

    I played it. I hated it at first though I stuck with it. I kinda liked it, but I totally get why many people hated it. Even so, the idea has merit. No, it is not original by any stretch of the imagination, but if you played it all the way through it made you want a sequel that (a) actually fixed all the glaring issues and (b) let you

    Quote

    really freaking fight in San Francisco where the first game ended so abruptly.

    It makes no sense. But given the sales weren't terrible for such polarizing product I kinda think THQ should go for the sequel if nothing more prove they can turn a new/struggling franchise around. After all, shooter fans like buying shooters and sure that's just what we need more of, but any time you bite off a chunk of the market that's a reasonable fraction of CoD size (or soon to be BF? ) it's not necessarily a bad decision for a publisher like THQ to go after a sequel.

    Or shit, maybe COD MW3 will completely burn out the shooter market's desire for a modern COD style FPS set at least partially on US soil...thereby dooming HF2 before it even releases.

  • So now I'm a dad

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2011 at 6:53 AM

    congrats and welcome to the club!

    The first few weeks are definitely the most exhausting due to lack of sleep, but hang in there. it's worth it of course.

    awesome news!!!

  • Syndicate

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    The mini-guns!!!

  • Syndicate

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2011 at 6:16 PM

    FFS FPS? WTF? LMAO!

    The original syndicate was a one of a kind awesome game. The mini-guns upgrade was insane!

    Remember when EA make CC Renegade? You know, take the popular RTS game into the first person? [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

    Anyway...I know I have the old disc somewhere in storage, but is there a good place to download the original version of the game that actually works on a modern operating system like WinXP/7 or even MaxOS Lion/Wollymammoth/Shadowcat or whatever?

  • Syndicate

    • Izuno
    • September 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

    omg....the miniguns. That game takes me back. Why an FPS!? [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2011 at 5:34 AM

    Still not that far into it (such is life with a kid) but since I'm playing it with a stealth emphasis, it is filling the gaping hole Splinter Cell left in my heart.

    If you are this far into this thread and:

    A) ...you really really like RPGs and stealth games (and even shooter-ish RPGs like Mass Effect 2)...

    B) ...and you have not already picked up this game then...

    WTF are you waiting for?

    (btw...if you haven't gotten it yet and are about to on console, install it to your HD so you speed up the load times!)

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Izuno
    • September 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM

    Not only is it set in (at least starts in) futuristic Detroit, the main character goes through a kind of cyber transformation. So it's just a re-imagination of Robocop.

    IT'S FREAKIN ROBOCOP?

    No seriously, so far...thumbs up!!! I skipped Invisible War but I'm glad I picked up H.R. tonight. Game has a few issues but overall it's great. I loved the Final Fantaxy XXVII poster in Pritchard's office early in the game.

  • RAGE

    • Izuno
    • September 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

    Marketing.

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • September 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM

    I will try to explain my thoughts on the above gameplay footage without giving away the content of said footage so as not to spoil it for those who would not want to be spoiled...

    Ok...Michael Bay has been openly mocked on South Park for being a director who can make good special effects but has no real movie/story/character ideas (watch the 3 part Imagination Land episodes) and I would submit the second Transformers movie, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon as typical examples of where his critics get reasoning from. Basically, the criticism goes like: "All Michael Bay does is think up of crazy action sequences that by themselves might be interesting but otherwise they are so absurd and the overall story they are shoved inside of are totally juvenile. Yes, as the lyric from one of the songs in the Team America: World Police soundtrack asks: 'Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?" And so forth.

    Why bring up Michael Bay? Because the above Uncharted 3 footage seems as if someone thinking in the Michael Bay mindset thought it up. However, the above footage is totally awesome, even though it wouldn't be hard to picture a sequence kind of like that in a Michael Bay movie. It's just that Nathan Drake is a character I really care about which is the critical difference between it and typical Michael Bay sequences. Really, kudos to you, Naughty Dog. You are the complete package whereas Michael Bay is just a really really good visual effects/action sequence concept creator (who's typical shitty characters drag down any otherwise good sequence he manages to pull together). Sorry to trash you Mr. Bay...I admit I have enjoyed some of your movies but you ain't no Naughty Dog.

    All that footage did was increase my desire to pay money for Uncharted 3...and watch Mr. Bay's ode to WW2 love triangles: Pearl Harbor

    Wait...whaaa?

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Izuno
    • August 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM

    I've been avoiding due to time constraints. No longer. Off to get my copy.

  • Quantum Conundrum

    • Izuno
    • August 30, 2011 at 9:36 PM

    I like it

    Meanwhile...kudos to Kim Swift for letting the gameplay speak for itself and not over hyping it. There was nothing close to terms like "cinematic intensity" or "a new revolution in cardboard box physics" or other marketing shenanigans. Nor did she qualify it by saying "it's still in development...this isn't final" and etc. She just explained it as simply as she could. That kind of authenticity is refreshing and, imo, only increases my interest in the game.

  • Steve Jobs Resigns

    • Izuno
    • August 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM

    Yeah. Truly sad. What an inspiring life story, cancer or no cancer.

    Okay back to reviewing a presentation (that I built in Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro) on my iPad while I listen to music on my circa 2006 video iPod...better set the alarm on my iPhone so I don't oversleep. Have to load up the Apple TV with chick flicks for my wife who's coming back from a business trip tomorrow afternoon...

  • Steve Jobs Resigns

    • Izuno
    • August 26, 2011 at 6:01 AM

    Yeah I wouldn't count Apple out just yet, though I don't think anyone really is. It still has more iterations of the iPhone, iPad etc. in the pipeline. I think it's a question of where it goes in a couple years from now.

    Meanwhile, I'm still a PC guy at heart (I work of two different MacBook Pros running Windows in Bootcamp ) ...and honestly I don't like OSX, but I have so much Apple gear between my wife and I that I can say Apple has had a huge impact on my life. Lot's of respect for Jobs and I hope he does not suffer badly from cancer.

  • Warhammer 40.000 Space Marine

    • Izuno
    • August 23, 2011 at 5:47 AM

    I am more interested in this than Gears3.

  • Blade Runner 2049

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Harrison ford still in... or?

    Let's see, last time Harrison Ford did a reprisal of one of his other classic roles...how did that work out?

  • Blade Runner 2049

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM

    Eh...I guess I'm not as concerned about the fine tuning of the art direction at this point. I understand pro artist types here have a keen eye for that stuff and they may see things about it that they don't like, but to me none of that (even if I notice it as well) is enough of a distraction for me to get suddenly disinterested in this game. So far Uncharted 3 and BF3 are my top two must buy console-y games on list for this holiday. BF3 on PC? Haven't ruled it out.

  • Battlefield 3

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2011 at 1:11 AM

    that is approaching "TAKE MY MONEYS"

    just sick looking

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™