1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • State of Game Design 2011

    • Izuno
    • November 9, 2011 at 5:06 AM

    Great comments so far.

    I'm swamped this week so I don't have time to go into it, but level design is really annoying in many shooter/action games these days as was alluded to already. QTE in BF3 wasn't used to a huge degree but I felt where it was used wasn't that interesting. QTE in Uncharted 3 sometimes worked, but it's started to get really annoying.

    In fact, there are many disappointing aspects about U3 which, again, has been discussed. I still am liking it overall but I think Uncharted 2 is my favorite of the series. In our Uncharted 3 thread someone already said ND should just make a movie.....now that I've played it I totally understand that sentiment.

    Ok so I guess I'm going into it. Homefront really annoyed me when they forced the player to walk during moments where they really wanted to convey some story element...except the voice acting and dialog were terrible so it was ruined anyway.

    ugh...great thread...will be checking back.

    ok back to work!!

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Izuno
    • November 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM

    I found this pretty funny:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    edit...i think the above cut was a little different from the one at gamespot:

    http://www.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-mo ... %3Bimg%3B1

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • Izuno
    • November 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Well don't leave us hanging, explain yourself!

    The cop shooting and the unintended (but they probably should've thought about it before releasing the video) implication of OWS terrorists. Is it really that hard to see anything wrong with that video? The cop shooting especially was just ridiculous.

    Actually that is a good point, so I watched it again. No time to radio the cops? Is that realistic? Did the designers consult with military/police procedure experts?

    In a game attempting to take on a very serious subject matter in a very serious way, I think they better get stuff like that right. And if it is very accurate for how something like this might happen, then so be it.

    Still, at least it appears to deliver on what they claim it will: controversy.

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • Izuno
    • November 4, 2011 at 5:32 AM

    Erm....somehow i missed the concept video. My bad. [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

    So....I watched it. Interesting feel of Heavy Rain type mechanics, aka QTE, but that's a minor point. As far as going for a controversial perspective, it's on to something. As far as the gadgets / glowing red, yeah I find that a little out of place but I could live with it. Overall it definitely has emotional impact so kudos. This is one to keep an eye on and definitely worthy of a big cover article in Game Informer. Hope the rest of development goes well for you guys.

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • Izuno
    • November 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM

    "Rainbow Six: Unleashed Extreme: Patriots - The Story of The Homegrown Rainbows"

    Seriously, I'm actually intrigued. I had a lot of fun playing Vegas (mostly skipped Vegas 2) so curious what they do with it. Present day / near future war on US soil is the new WW2! I guess according to MW3, WW3 is the new WW2, but whatever...

  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    • Izuno
    • November 3, 2011 at 4:33 AM

    lmao!

    Meanwhile, I get what people are saying about the animations not being state of the art. They've definitely improved since Oblivion, but you have to think about RPGs a little differently than say shooter or big time action games like GTA or Red Dead or even Uncharted. In those games the feel is all about in the moment of the action / narrative. In RPGs it shifts just slightly towards "my character's stats and loot." That's not a justification for somewhat less awesome animations, it's just that real nerdcore RPG fans (and I admit there is some of that in me) are in bit of a different mindset when playing a game like Elder Scrolls or Fallout compared to zipping through the single player campaign of Call of Duty or Battlefield.

    At least that's one way of thinking about it. Buf shit, if RPGs just aint your thing then you probably won't like Skyrim. :shrug:

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • November 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    The gta V guy has something of Joe Pesci in casino ( GOOD THING )

    Agreed.

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • November 2, 2011 at 5:20 PM

    That's also the best rendition of Los Angeles (or a "Los Angeles inspired city") I've seen in a video game. It's not just the visuals...the whole vibe and tone is right. That's what really puts Rockstar on another level, they know it's all about feel and they get the feel right.

  • Obligitory Introductions!

    • Izuno
    • November 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

    Welcome.

    Modding does a resume good. Keep it up!

  • Mikezilla's new blog from the hospital bed :(

    • Izuno
    • October 27, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    Article on Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5853740/at-age-29-a-g ... m-a-stroke

    good read

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • October 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM

    Yes. I've been trying to bury my head in sand on this so as not to spoil anything further. Was there a SP demo released? I'm not even going to google it.

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • October 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM

    Meanwhile was at my local Best Buy (omg...almost within walking distance of my house!) checking out the BF3 activity...lots of dudes were buying in the middle of the day. Good sign for BF3.

    On topic...at said Best Buy there was a single player demo of Uncharted 3. Quick iPhone picture below...and this wasn't simply a trailer there was a guy playing the level in the burning building with flames of fire...that were burning. It's like it was on fire. I should go back and get more photos.

    [Blocked Image: http://strategicgameconsulting.com/bin/U3_demo_bb.jpg]

  • Battlefield 3

    • Izuno
    • October 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM

    ..............................................................long story short I'm forced to get this on console

    Guess it's better than no BF3?

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • October 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

    Yes, I really like Uncharted and so do many other people...but really?

    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/ ... -premiere/

  • Battlefield 3

    • Izuno
    • October 21, 2011 at 7:29 PM

    wtf was that piece of shit?

    ....wait...let me screw my eyeballs back into their sockets....

    ...oh it actually looks awesome!

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • October 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM

    Uncharted 2 is by far my favorite single player action game on the PS3. I get the criticisms, and no, the game does not do every component of its gameplay (ie stealth, shooting, cover mechanics, platforming etc) the best. However the whole package of how each of them work together is amazing.

    But it's the characters, story, voice acting and musical score that bring it all together for me. No, it ain't the most original story (in either U1 or U2 and they were basically the same plot...as with U3) but maybe that makes it even better because it finally does well what few games really ever have before even though we've seen the general story/character before in Indiana Jones. Come on people! [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • October 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM

    I saw the 2 minute version of that TV spot (ie the full launch trailer) at Naughty Dog last Thursday when they had a few analysts in for a meeting with the studio heads. One of my colleagues got invited and couldn't make it so I got to go in his place...omfg ND felt like a very smart, creative and cool studio. In theory the trailer kinda spoiled some things...but in the end I don't think it will diminish my enjoyment of the game once it comes out in early Nov. Bottom line is that it looks friggin sweet!

  • Batman: Arkham City shots

    • Izuno
    • October 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

    Sorry for bump...but I guess Gamespot liked it:

    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... ot;thumb;1

  • Steven Spielbergs War Horse

    • Izuno
    • October 6, 2011 at 7:59 PM

    It's like South Park season premier (and last episode of last season). Everything just turns to shit.

  • Mikezilla's new blog from the hospital bed :(

    • Izuno
    • October 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    I've been following his Facebook updates on the situation for the past week or so. Fuck. It 's amazing though how he still finds the funny in all this crap. This is why I love Mikey. I don't know if he's still reading this forum (which he helped create btw for those of you who don't know who he is). But Mikey, all of Mapcore is behind you!Stay strong!

    I had the same reaction to his FB posts. Get well, Mikey.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™