1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • What are you playing now?

    • Izuno
    • January 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM

    What a holiday season.

    1) Finished Modern Warfare 3 (on PS3 actually) and then got to lvl 12 or something on MP.

    2) Finished Uncharted 3. I liked it, but as we've discussed already it wasn't quite as fun as Uncharted 2. Because of that, I barely cracked the MP at all and that's a shame because I played a lot in the beta and liked it.

    3) Finished Battlefield 3 (on 360). zomg I never even touched the MP.

    4) Almost done with Arkham City (on PS3). Possibly my favorite game of 2011. Taking my sweet time with it.

    5) Played a bunch more Minecraft after 1.0 came out. Haven't tried 1.1 but am looking forward to it.

    6) Got Rage sitting on my stack to play. I'm actually excited about it, maybe because it reminds me of Borderlands and I loooovvveeeddd that game.

    7) Playing some Star Wars: The Old Republic. I kinda like it, but as we distinguished in the SWTOR thread so much WoW might have permanently burned me out of MMOs. We'll see.

    and have other unwrapped games on my stack including AC:Rev, FIFA 12, PES 12...

    9) And older games I never finished but want to go back to including God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Portal 2

    10) WTF no Skyrim? Yeah...I know. Gotta play it.

  • Brick Force

    • Izuno
    • January 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

    Minecraft meets TF2 kinda

    http://www.brick-force.com/

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • iOS 5

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

    Yes Apple has a great business model. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it's time to update.

  • iOS 5

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2012 at 4:10 AM

    Kinda old topic but after all this time I still haven't upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS5. I hear it's fine now but was just curious if any iPhone 4 (and not 4S) users here have had any problems.

  • Battlefield 3

    • Izuno
    • January 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

    At least he had the sense to not personally sing and add lyrics. The choral vocals I could do with out, but it doesn't ruin it.

  • STALKER devs closed down?

    • Izuno
    • January 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM

    Bump:

    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3960 ... lker_2.php

    Quote

    Newsbrief: GSC Game World said it's still at work on a sequel to the cult PC hit Stalker, but it needs funding in order to bring the game to completion.The official Stalker Facebook account revealed yesterday, "The Stalker team is extremely happy! Why? Because we are continuing work on Stalker 2 after the holidays." GSC spokesperson Oleg Yavorsky later told Edge-Online, "We are still in the process of seeking funding to back up the project. We are hopeful things turn out well eventually. The team really wants to see Stalker continue."

    The statements follow reports that GSC would be closing its doors.

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • January 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

    Eh...in game character textures aren't a big deal for me but yeah I get how some people get their panties in a bunch over it.

    Meanwhile, i only hit lvl 10 on my bounty hunter a day ago but I have yet to group up with anyone for anything. So I would agree it's basically single player. Still, i'm not really complaining yet, though maybe cause I was gifted a copy with an extra 60 days of free play time. Once that expires, should I still be interested in playing, i'm not sure yet if i will pay to play.

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • January 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    I just blew my own mind:

    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http: ... =DJ+Madbro

    Harvard Law

    Did he say "fractions" instead of "factions"...repeatedly?

    Awesome.

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • January 4, 2012 at 6:00 AM

    I declare Sentura as today's internet winner.

  • Minecraft

    • Izuno
    • January 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

    eh...sorry for bump but this is Minecraft relevant ...

    http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/03/mine ... minecraft/

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • January 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    You will never experience that feeling you described with an MMO every again.

    Yeah I think you are right. Jadedness is inevitable?

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • January 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM

    A few random thoughts thus far:

    1) Yep...sticks to many WoW/MMO conventions. Certainly makes it easier to figure out the systems and game mechanics if you are a WoW or general MMO vet.

    2) Not sure what hooked me into WoW years ago...I guess it was (a) my already existing affinity for the Warcraft RTS franchise, especially WC 3; (b) the art design and how it gushed "friendly, magical fantasy experience" all over; © the idea of grinding levels actually appealed to me because at first it was so easy? (wtf??!!) ... I guess the game had warmth and depth that was refreshing even though I was mostly a shooter/action gamer and essentially turn based combat was a new thing to me.

    3) SWTOR does not have the same warmth that WoW has. It's not the grittiest thing, it's not the cutesy-est thing...I guess it's very Bioware-y which isn't bad cause they make some great games. This isn't to say I like WoW better, it's just that SWTOR has a different feel and that makes sense that it would (duh) but I just don't feel the same "whoa...this is amazing" feeling that I got after playing WoW for a couple of hours.

    Still, overall I like it and it's growing on me.

  • Merry xmas and happy new year Mapcore!

    • Izuno
    • December 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    [Blocked Image: http://forums.mapcore.net/images/mapcore_logo.png]

    Snowcore. I love it!

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • December 27, 2011 at 7:08 AM

    Ok...I finally have time to start this thing up this week and check it out. So I go through all the shenanigans to get everything downloaded and installed...and the launcher says:

    Quote

    There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here.

    I log into swtor.com and see:

    Quote

    You have 29 days of play time remaining. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

    WTF? If I have 29 days remaining of play time, why can't I log in? I have to commit to subscribing first? Fuck you, EA. Someone explain this idiocy to me.

  • Merry xmas and happy new year Mapcore!

    • Izuno
    • December 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

    May you all live long and prosper...this holiday season.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.foundshit.com/pictures/sculpture/star-trek-lights.jpg]

  • Prometheus

    • Izuno
    • December 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM

    I think that girl has a ton of "reaction" videos on youtube.

    Such as...

    Breaking Dawn trailer reaction

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    And I think there are a bunch more...

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • December 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    Quote from Dark

    You can take off your mask the same way you can in WOW and he would speak/lip sync and all as normal. When wearing any type of mask, your voice becomes more robotic sounding, like vader. Its a nice touch.

    Ah cool.

    Images

    • Picture 27.webp
      • 29.42 kB
      • 640 × 480
  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • Izuno
    • December 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    Quote from Dark

    [Blocked Image: http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1336/sithhead02.jpg]

    Imagine the relief the overextended voice-dialog-mocap-lip-sync team felt when this guy came up.

    ...I haven't had a chance to play yet...do Vader wannabe characters always have a breathing mask on?

    ...

  • The Dark Knight Rises

    • Izuno
    • December 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM
    Quote from marks

    The fact that they casted Joseph Gordon-Levitt instantly raises my expectations for this film.

    Hope he's as good in this as he was in Inception.

  • Prometheus

    • Izuno
    • December 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM

    Fuck yes.

    Meanwhile...

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™