Lara Drake! I mean Nathan Croft!
However, I am on my way to being sold on this one. I hope we can play it next week at E3.
Lara Drake! I mean Nathan Croft!
However, I am on my way to being sold on this one. I hope we can play it next week at E3.
Guess this point was missed in my post above but I'll be more explicit:
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... nicus-dies
QuoteOn May 24, 1543, Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus dies in what is now Frombork, Poland. The father of modern astronomy, he was the first modern European scientist to propose that Earth and other planets revolve around the sun.
May 24, 2012: Copernicus the MMO dies.
My friend who was the GM of BHG pointed that out on FB. Anyhoodles... ![]()
http://630wpro.com/Article.asp?id=2462508&spid=37719
QuoteSchilling took to his Facebook account striking back at the Rhode Island governor. “"I wanted to clear up some misinformation around 38 Studios first product, Reckoning, Sales of Reckoning OUTPERFORMED EA’s expectations and sold more than 1.2 million units in the game’s first 90 days in the market.” posted Schilling.
So 1.2 million units...let's say average price of $60 at retail/steam. Assume average WSP of $48...that equates to a rough $58 million in wholesale revenues to the publisher on down. I don't know the trickle down to BHG or 38, but it makes you wonder what exactly was going on there. If 1.2 million units in 90 days exceeded EA's expectations, then was this still not enough to prevent this financial problem 38 had? Doesn't add up other than things were not planned or managed effectively, but we're not privy to all the info here.
May 24, 2012: Copernicus the MMO effectively dies.
Now check this out:
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... nicus-dies
![]()
Blizz sent me a code for DIII after I told them I never played D1 or D2. ![]()
![]()
Yeah the trailer wasn't that great...however I think the underlying movie could actually be way better than the trailer indicates if this is more raw like Casino Royale as has been said.
Hopefully this doesn't derail the thread, but have any of you ever tried http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ ?
It's basically a "can you run it" site that checks if you can run a particular game. They said they got a huge bump in traffic with Diablo III release. Just curious if anyone here has heard of it or used it and if so, what do you think of it?
I want to say something cynical...but I won't. This may actually make sense? I've already been hearing the pros and cons but at least as an IP it makes more sense to be made into an MMO than lots of other IP.
AWESOME. :science:
Where to begin...
"BWWAAAAA" is soooooo 2011.
This trailer's got
BWWWNNNNYYYYYYAAAAAA
congrats and welcome to the mapcore dad club! she's adorable!
Bravo, Valve. Bravo. Nice to see them supporting the community in ways other pubs just can't even imagine.
MoH 2010 was buggy for sure, but I still liked it. In fact, I was surprised at how much I liked it as I expected it to be a turd. Well EA/Dice/Danger Close proved me wrong. So at this point I'm definitely interested in a new MoH.
lol only took a house!
Yeah we American's and our houses. LA is a messed up place for real estate. We were lucky in that my wife and I bought in to a condo cheap years ago and when the market finally crashed we managed to stay above water cause we were very cautious with money and tried to save a lot. So we sold it and had a lot of equity to put into a house plus additional savings. For example, we also were very prudent with not buying expensive cars and keeping what we drove for a long time (i'm on year 7 of my cheap volvo s40 and plan to keep it another few).
The point for you guys who are getting to the age of family and real estate: do not over buy and don't treat your house like a piggy bank (ie don't plan to borrow against equity). And when you get into a house, do not underestimate how big your initial expenses will be, then the recurring expenses. Hopefully most of you living in the US will be buying into cheaper areas (I hear many parts of Texas around Dallas are cheaper and high value for the money vs. most of LA.)
Anyway, other things we had to purchase include which is actually the budget version of a 60" Samsung that we loved but cost over $2500...so we had to settle for a cheaper 55" with less features to save money.
Samsung UN55EH6000 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (Black)
[Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Nj8aGEkML._AA300_.jpg]
Yeah it's still in LA just in a better family oriented area since we already have 1 kid and are thinking about #2 soon. Housing market has been in the ditch for so long and with rates so incredibly low we finally realized we had enough equity built up to buy a decent sized house in an area with good schools.
Aside from a 3-banger garage (omg awesome) the previous owner had ethernet wired through the entire house so you can go wired or wireless in every room!!! even in the loo!
CRWWWWWWWWWAP
Quote from PogoPWhy is that America always gets such extreme weather effects, and we see nothing like that?
Geography. Given it's latitude in conjunction with adjacent major bodies of water and large land masses (ie, Canada!), it often gets big cells of cold air from the north and moist warm air from the south. When hot and cold cells like that contact each other you often get huge, violent storms. This means everywhere from Texas to Minnesota is essentially "tornado alley" in broad terms. However, from a geo-statistical perspective, places like Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa are often the worst hit. Further, some of these states have large plains with few mountains making it easier for tornadoes to form and sustain themselves.
Otherwise, I'm glad to hear mapcorians around affected areas are okay.
Saw Mikey post on Facebook about storms/tornadoes in Dallas area (which is where Gearbox is you n00bs!...jk)
Seriously, sounds like it got a little ugly. Dallas Mapcorians ok?
Some coverage: