1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • World of Warcraft: Kung Fu Panda

    • Izuno
    • September 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM

    i dunno...when i played cat i lasted maybe 3 or 4 months? lich king had me hooked for over 12 months. I'm not expecting i'll want to play the panda for more than a month or two. Unless it's totally awesome? 15 bucks a month in a way prevents me from paying for other games so it saves me money, yet causes developers outside of blizzard to lose jobs, default on mortgages, lose health insurance, end up on skid row or moving back in with their parents.

    Right? That's what i've been told. [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • World of Warcraft: Kung Fu Panda

    • Izuno
    • September 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM

    Erm...anyone playing it?

    A colleague gave me an extra DL code he got from Blizzard so I actually did download, install it...but I have yet to actually pay for a month of access to try it.

    Ughh....I don't mind checking it out but FFS just what I need to go back into WoW. I got GW2/BL2 to satisfy my grinding needs.

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Izuno
    • September 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    It's also nice to play an FPS again that doesn't have regenerating health. There's a certain tension that happens when you are low on health which just doesn't happen in games with regenerating health

    +1

  • RoboCop (2013)

    • Izuno
    • September 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM

    I would not see this reboot for a dollar.

  • Borderlands 2

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM

    non taken and etc. If anything it brings up an interesting discussion of the appeal of games like CoD vs. BL...and how some people may actually enjoy both? (hey, i kinda liked the first Black Ops!)

  • Borderlands 2

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM

    The guy is pleading for people to stop spamming him and ease up on the hate. It's funny and sad at the same time. That's all I am saying about that.

    As for his points, yeah...not everyone is going to like BL and the mass market CoD player might very well hate it. I have no problem with that. And to be more fair, he does acknowledge that some people are going to love it and so be it. I am one of those people who like BL but at the same time enjoy my annual CoD fix regardless of how shitty i feel the campaign has become. Crazy, right?

  • Borderlands 2

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM

    I'm sorry but the comments on that WSJ review just keep getting funnier. From the reviewer apparently:

    Quote

    7:47 pm September 19, 2012A. Najberg wrote:

    Dear Community Members:

    I know you’re angry at me for what I wrote previously on this article. I didn’t want to cause controversy on here at all. I just wanted to write a simple review about Borderlands. That being said, I do not take back what I said about Borderlands 2. I know you are all upset with me but Borderlands was NOT a good game and it definitely did not compare to Call of Duty or Halo in multiple ways, as I stated above. Call of Duty and Halo are going to contain much more rich multi-player abilities than Borderlands 2. Also, I believe the graphics on Call of Duty and Halo are much more detailed and accurate than in Borderlands 2. I was basically just writing my opinion on how I dislike Borderlands 2. It wasn’t supposed to be against a community member or anything at all. Please stop writing on my YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Also, please stop calling my work. Nobody deserves this much harassment because of his belief on a simple video game that wasn’t up to standards.

    Thank you,

    Adam Najberg

  • Borderlands 2

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

    Wall Street Journal: "Borderlands 2 fails to cross over"

    Quote

    Also back is Claptrap, a droid that’s somewhat of a cross between a snarky, profane C3PO with the body of an R2D2. Claptrap acts as your guide, and is a fairly detestable character, who left me cold. When his camera eye got plucked out by an alien on the first mission, I didn’t care. Still, I had no choice but to go out and put my Zero character at risk to restore the loathsome droid’s sight.

    Hating on claptrap? That's cold, bro.

    Quote

    Borderlands 2’s single-player campaign mode isn’t as good as what you’ll find in games like COD: Black Ops or the Medal of Honor series. There’s too much “feast-or-famine” hunting for tasks, supplies and a good battle for this to be a fun game all the way through.

    Quote

    And Borderlands 2 misses on enough counts so that I not only didn’t joy puke, I didn’t even get a tiny bit of mirthful bile in my throat. It may be the game for you, but if you’re in the market for a new FPS, I’d at least counsel waiting to compare it to Black Ops 2, due out Nov. 13, or Halo 4, which is slated for a Nov. 6 release.

    Here's the link.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/ ... cross-ove/

    Read the comments.

    Well, I like BL2!

  • BioWare heads retire

    • Izuno
    • September 19, 2012 at 5:24 AM

    Damn that's cold.

  • BioWare heads retire

    • Izuno
    • September 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/ray- ... uk-retire/

  • WiiU

    • Izuno
    • September 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM
    Quote from Serenius

    Pretty sure the Wii was $299 when it was first released.

    According to all knowing wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_launch

    But whatever it's only a $50 difference. However, the Gamecube launched at about $199, so that made the Wii "the most expensive Nintendo console since the Gamecube" or something...and now the WiiU is same nominal amount higher.

    So in other words, your sentiment is correct in that it isn't necessarily the hugest deal.

  • WiiU

    • Izuno
    • September 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... for-USD299


    Quote

    Nintendo has announced at an event in New York today that the Wii U will launch in the US on Sunday, November 18, with European consumers having to wait until Friday, November 30. The basic set will be sold for $299 in the US, while a deluxe configuration will be sold for $349.

    The Basic SKU will offer a white, 8GB Wii U console, a GamePad, AC adapters, a sensor bar, and an HDMI Cable, while the Deluxe SKU has everything that Basic has but it's in a black color and it bumps up the memory to 32GB. It also comes with charging cradles and a copy of Nintendoland. Moreover, to push digital, Nintendo is including a Deluxe Digital Promotion in the higher-end SKU. This will earn gamers some rebates for downloadable Wii U titles in the eShop as they make purchases.

    And more details and such...

    Obviously the Nov 18 US date is to make sure it is available before Black Friday over here (i.e., the day after Thanksgiving for people outside the US who don't already know) so not a huge surprise. I think I heard Japan release is in Dec.

    Personally, I am undecided on whether I go for it. I have a 3 yr old now and she's a little young for games still and I might just dust off the old Wii when the time is right, but I admit somehow I am a bit intrigued. That said, $299 is the most expensive Nintendo console launch ever (right?). Having played with it at E3, I would love some super meaty RPG or open world action game (Borderlands 2???) with that tablet controller for an always on map or inventory screen or...something...

    Or shit I'll just go back to playing more PC games...

  • The Last of Us

    • Izuno
    • September 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    Quote from Beck

    It's the same as the E3 stuff just the fight scene was handled differently.Looks great!

    Yes this is true. They showed it in the press/analyst briefing rooms upstairs.

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Izuno
    • September 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM

    So much...to...comment on. Must...resist urge to...troll...

    But yeah the voice acting was disappointing in that BM:S footage but otherwise that so takes me back.

    Also...I rather miss the notion of health packs and aid stations missing in most modern shooters. Regenerating shields is cool in Halo and stuff...and I can see why Call of Duty (and then most everyone else) went that way but there is something to be said for the tactics/strategy involved in managing health and armor in how you play a tight shooter like Half Life. Unrealistic? Sure...but it's a video game FFS. Ultimately it's all unrealistic.

  • OnLive

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

    Yes...I'm bumping this thread. Why? You probably already know why:

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... off-report

    http://kotaku.com/5935767/onlive-filing ... -its-place

    http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/17/break ... ors-today/

    Quote from VentureBeat

    [uPDATE 3: Endgadget reports that OnLive has laid off "at least 50 percent of the staff, according to our source's numbers." It also reports that the layoffs are a "move that apparently comes as OnLive is being purchased by an unknown party. Those being kept on have reportedly received offer letters from the new company."Our own Dean Takahashi is on the scene at OnLive's Palo Alto, Calif., headquarters to learn more about the happenings. Dean's report: Employees are still walking out, but they aren't talking much.]

    Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/17/break ... M06gwFI.99

  • World of Warcraft: Kung Fu Panda

    • Izuno
    • August 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

    Think of all those 13 and 14 year old boys who, a few years ago, saw Kung Fu Panda when they were...uh...younger. Perhaps this was all in Blizz's grand scheme to get these guys to robotically want to play Mists.

  • The Dark Knight Rises

    • Izuno
    • August 17, 2012 at 5:49 AM

    Finally saw it last night...yeah I know it's been out for a while and this is old news.

    However, I did like it a lot. I thought it was really entertaining and in some ways kinda sad, but that's cause I'm a sucker for Christopher Nolan movies.

    However, part 2...

    OMG THE PLOT HOLES!

    Quote

    Talia's death...omg that was soooooooooo lame. And yes her betrayal was handled so lamely. And during that part Bane turned into a cuddly pussy all of a sudden? Really?

    I guess The Dark Knight (2nd film in the series, I mean) had huuugggeeee plot holes as well and a ton of dialogue that made no sense and was contradictory, even by the Joker character. But even with all that Heath Ledger made that film friggin insanely good even if a lot of the shit made no sense.

    I soooo want Plinket of RLM to review all three movies.

  • Remember Me

    • Izuno
    • August 15, 2012 at 5:18 AM

    lol...I hereby declare Cincinnati as the winner of this thread.

  • Remember Me

    • Izuno
    • August 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM

    I want to see more of how this unfolds but I am by no means sold on this yet.

    So yeah... very

  • Team Fortress 2 - Mann vs Machine

    • Izuno
    • August 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

    Bravo, Valve. Bravo.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™