1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    Quote from CompoSITe

    Did you get in to see the demo Jeremy?

    Sadly I did not, Geoff. I had a meeting right before at another publisher that ran a little long (couldn't get out of it) so I was late and missed my demo slot set up by EA's PR agency. Really, really, bummed since I'm getting a ton of questions from investor types about it, too (mainly @ impact on both EA and ATVI and then the Sony exclusion part etc.) Tell your crew you have stirred up the hornet's nest (in a good way).

    Otherwise I ran into Robert in the Nintendo booth and congratulated him (and the whole team) on what I have seen of it. If you guys have an analyst/press event anytime between now and ship my God would I love to be there.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 13, 2013 at 6:50 AM

    1) "Cat and mouse" in titan vs. pilot is really interesting to me. It reminds me of an original CoD map (maybe CoD United Offensive?) that was a busted city with multi level buildings, wide streets and tanks. They had RPGs scattered about and it was just soooooo cool. It was slow paced than what we're seeing in Titanfall but damn....soo cool. I don't play much BF so maybe that's nothing special.

    2) Campaign multiplayer...I'm really wanting to see how this works. If done right I think that could be cool to draw in people like me who just don't play much MP in shooters anymore.

    3) Dedicated servers? Nice.

  • E3 2013

    • Izuno
    • June 13, 2013 at 5:20 AM

    Tomorrow I am clear of all meetings....nothing but Sony booth tour, playing games and seeing demos. Will try to hit all over both halls and take photos with this


    [Blocked Image: http://www.lenstip.com/news_image/807_nik28-300_news.jpg]

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM

    I've played about 45 minutes of almost ever MGS game since MGS2. I just cannot get into them, as much as I want to. Played about half of Patriots...and bailed.

    But this...the more I watch of it...could this be the first MGS game I go all the way with? Wait...what did I just type? Anyway, what Thrik said.

  • Strike Vector

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2013 at 6:48 AM

    http://www.strikevector.net/

    - Using UDK

    - MP combat focused

    - Kotaku story said this was created by 4 people.

    http://kotaku.com/you-wont-belie…-game-512755897

    And some in game footage. Music is...well not the best but impressive what 4 guys and UDK can do it seems.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    Are women objects to you?

    Hmm....no. I am a fan of the game.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM

    Have to say at the MSFT press conference Titanfall got a lot of silent, approving nods. It's familiar (COD with double jumps and mechs as Mazy said) and it looks good but probably not the most cutting edge possible. However gameplay it does feel evolutionary, not really revolutionary...but honestly how much was revolutionary at the MSFT conference so I can't really knock Titanfall. I'd play it.

    One question...is it MP only? I haven't the time to really parse through that but just curious. Still looks fun.

  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM

    <---------------- that. Thus, I'm in.

  • E3 2013

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

    This:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    All hail president Kang. I mean, all hail President PS4.

    Edit:

    And..... starts at $399.

    Boom, headshot?

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

    I am in love with where this game is going. Open world gaming...mmmmmmmmm.

  • E3 2013

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM

    Damn will have to watch the playback later. Must....feed and put kids to bed!

  • E3 2013

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

    When they said $499 the crowd had a "......................whuh? Really? ....................................shit." kind of moment. Priceless.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

    Ok...sorry for the rant above. Was cranky. Back to my senses...and off to Microsoft Press conference. Hope it doesn't suck but that's a different topic than Titanfall.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM

    [rant...because someone (not at mapcore) said Respawn was just ripping District 9 art style (or were they on about Hawken? There is no emoticon to express how I rolled my eyes. Oh Anyway...]

    Suppose Respawn does indeed go with a District 9 or whatever other vibe. What if it feels like almost dirty in how closely the art direction and some set pieces feel to previously released media, be it past films, TV or games? If the gameplay is good, if the visuals look good, if it all comes together well, then I think that "vibe" they go with is an excellent idea. Think about it. This is the same crew that took SPR and basically replicated some aspects of it (using the tech available at the time) into Medal of Honor. Rinse/repeat with Band of Brothers into Call of Duty. Those are good things, I say. They let me get a bit of essence of those movies/TV shows I loved in playable form. This is what they are experts at and what the entire Call of Duty brand was about. Even Treyarch figured it out with Black Ops. Crap all you want on where CoD is today, these guys took the idea of inspiration from other media and knocked it out of the fucking park.

    I am PRAYING Respawn's 1st game reminds me of moments in or vibes of films that I've always wanted to play but never really was able to with a super high level of polish. That's so much of why we love AAA games. So fuck yeah, I cannot wait to see this thing up close. Hope it kicks ass.

    [/end rant]

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM

    Valve often goes to E3...just never on the show floor. They've had meeting rooms on the upstairs often. One year (maybe 4 years ago?) I almost got run over by Gabe and his entourage walking between meetings. He had this look of "One of us is moving out of each other's way. It will not be me." It was awesome.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • June 7, 2013 at 5:04 AM

    Honestly I am excited to see what Respawn can do with Source. Hopefully I can get a look at it next week.

  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM

    Aye...the more open world -esque nature of LoS2 looks interesting. And was that Patrick Stewart's voice I heard? Has he done voicework for the franchise before? I'm not a follower of Castlevania games at all but LoS2 looks pretty sweet.

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM

    Damn...you beat me to the post, Mazy. Personally, I like Kiefer's voice and he has done acceptable voice work in the past. That said I am not a core MGS fan so it doesn't matter that much to me who's voice they use as long as the performance is good. I'm sure Thrik, as a MGS fan, may have more insight on +/- of this so...educate us.

    Fox engine also looks sweet but in any event I'm hoping the gameplay is better not just better graphics. MGS4, while a great game, just wasn't quite my cup of tea since I felt it was a little to restrictive.

    And...btw..LoS2 looks pretty cool but that's another topic...

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2013 at 1:18 AM

    Saw this...it's both incredibly disgraceful and hilarious. Wait for the end...because just when you start saying "omg that's shit parody and unfunny" at about 1:40 it goes into near double rainbow territory.

    Quote

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Edit:

    Hmm...I see huge arcs and major character development. And no, I have not read ahead into the books. Arcs aside, the dialogue scenes and the acting (some of the acting, at least) is awesome. Varys' dialogue is just sickingly witty and superbly acted.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • June 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM

    Oh...it gets better. image below of youtube itself is not a spoiler, but if you play it and watch closely you may see some spoilers so be warned.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™