I love that Old West feel.
Posts by Izuno
-
-
I'm a sucker for Gran Turismo.
GT3 was my first...and I loved it.
When GT4 came out I thought "meh...more of the same." Bought it anyway. It was more of the same but better.
GT5: More of the same still. Bought it anyway. And it was gloriously awesome and betterer.
So yeah, GT6 is a must buy for me, even though I expect it to be basically the same thing all over again, just even bettererer.
-
Just terrible.
-
Man those were the days learning Worldcraft...
Whatever you do, make crappy stuff. What I mean is don't get caught up in making it perfect. Just make stuff. Even if it sucks. You learn by doing and seeing what worked or did not work...or was fun or not fun.
And feel free to try to replicate good ideas that you like...for your own learning purposes. DO NOT just copy ideas and then publish them. Do it better or innovate, then publish it somewhere and have people trash your work. If you can't take feedback, don't go into games business.
Otherwise, I remember just doing at least a little every day and if you feel in the zone just work until you can't see straight. Rinse / repeat.
-
Hmmm...
1) DM -> Zynga...good luck. That's a bit shit sandwich. Wonder if it will change the culture inside the company at all. Pincus is still chairman and will stay on as chief product officer, so not really sure how much impact this will have. The other issue with Zynga is Caesars (the casino company) is the #1 publisher in Social Casino apps which are now a $1 billion annual business on mobile and still rising. Zynga is trying to be a force in this space but the competition is tough.
2) Cliff to replace Don at MSFT? I just don't know what to say to that...
-
Did I already post this? If so...oops...I'm so tired and too lazy to check. Anyway, a useless contribution from my collection of E3 photos:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/PxDEewz.jpg]
and...
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/bcHqFir.jpg]
and...
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3sVF2mJ.jpg]
and...
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cOPoTRF.jpg]
-
About 4.5 hours in. Digging it a lot. I should try MP.
-
Xbox Dog. Instant success.
-
Just hope they don't reverse this, um, reverse, after Xbox One releases. That would suck.
Otherwise...cautious :golfclap:
-
Oh. My. God.
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
-
"When God shuts a door, he opens a window."
- Homer Simpson
Sounds like you will be landing on your feet so congrats to you. Hopefully everyone impacted will find something.
-
Quote from blackdog
So I ask again: don't you think that if you lower the price of 20$ at new release, you are getting about triple the sales? It's just my gut, but even 2x40$ > 1x60$.
A great question. We don't really know the true elasticity of the demand curve on games. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasticity_(economics))
Clearly, if $40 was the new $60 then more people would buy more games for sure. Publishers are terrified to lower the prices of software for fear they won't make up the profits. They assume that demand for a game is fixed based on quality (metacritic) and some measure of buzz and then ad spending. We know it's not like that in reality, but when you get lots of suits and MBAs in a room...
So anyway, I firmly believe that if $60 went to $50 or $40 there would be these um, how shall I put this, primal explosion of gamerlove for new console games, retail and digital. The problem is quantifying the, um, volume of such gamerlove.
So until that is provable (which I doubt it truly is) we're all going to twist in the wind.Notice how both MSFT and Sony did not announce software prices?

-
Quote
' timestamp='1371243037' post='335488']Yeah, I'll post some photos as well. I loved e3, really awesome being there.
LMAO @ the fat chick on the first pic.
Hey, easy on the lady. Yeah, maybe she'd had a few too many of those starbucks drinks but if she's buying video games at all, that money helps out the industry. And since you were also at the show, you know damn well she's at most 1/3 the size of some other people attending.
-
Quote
' timestamp='1371243308' post='335490']http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous…-one-intentions
You guys want to/need to read that.
Was just going to post that. Very interesting read.
-
It's all you need, folks.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lQQSsmP.jpg]
But if it's too expensive, here's your consolation:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5ZGRQh8.jpg]
Kinect does seem improved. But do you care? Maybe you do.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NTxcDkv.jpg]
-
This was in the EA booth...these people were watching everyone's screen at once as well as looking at a live overhead map of the battle.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/7a5NU0X.jpg]
-
Former EA CEO John Riccitiello checking his phone on the South Hall lobby on Thursday:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/C99g5gd.jpg]
Forza 5's car on display at Microsoft booth:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZuHHDmr.jpg]
...and of course Sony's car on display for GT6:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Q9DFIlL.jpg]
DayZ at the show:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JaDrUJQ.jpg]
Anyway...will post various other photos in other threads.
-
Guess who gave me a demo at the Sony booth?
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/912rrlB.jpg]
And here IR is demoing for the person before me:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/n27xXp2.jpg]
-
Played it yesterday on show flow...they had at somewhere between 16 and 20 kiosks for the masses to play right in the middle of the Sony booth. Every time I went by it was basically packed around it. Thankfully I only waited 10 minutes to play for 10 minutes.
1) Aye, Mazy, visuals felt a little rolled back from Uncharted and a lot of people were commenting on it but not complaining about it...as in from what I could tell people weren't nerdraging at the show about it.
2) The pacing seems excellent and varied...and I like my slow moments in action/adventure games where you get a feel for your characters.
3) The tone is very different from Uncharted's snark. Refreshing, I felt.