1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Watch Dogs

    • Izuno
    • October 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM

    Delayed until 2014:


    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch…4/1100-6415591/

  • castAR (augmented reality) on kickstarter

    • Izuno
    • October 15, 2013 at 5:32 PM


    Promising kickstarter for sure.

  • Beyond: Two Souls

    • Izuno
    • October 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

    I'm fine with Cage trying something different and mixing up the movie/game-y-ness of it...but it still has to be fun/entertaining/intellectually-interesting to some degree which I take it that it is, it's just it seems like is messing with people's expectations.

  • Battlefield 4

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2013 at 4:53 AM

    Someone on my facebook feed (long time industry vet) was gushing over the beta. I myself have not tried it but here's what he had to say. And here's your grain of salt and stuff for what it's worth.


    Quote


    BF4 continues the strong tradition of creating my all time favorite game moments. Today I crashed my transport helo into the tallest tower in the city with my full squad inside. We had been owning the map with both guns blazing and RPG's fired out the doors. When we hit the tower, we were ejected into the building only losing one person. The building then decided it was done existing, and started to fall. We all jumped out of the building together, free fell 150 stories and landed together on a nearby roof top eliminating the pesky snipers that had been there.

    The game is gorgeous, responsive, and gives me the chills on a regular basis. Kudos DICE.

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • October 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Quote from [HP]

    ...


    This thread has more shit being reposted than any thread in the history of mapcore

    Check this out: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/…-blow-your-mind


    Wow!

  • Tom Clancy died

    • Izuno
    • October 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

    End of an era. I remember reading his early books back in middle/high school. Hunt for Red October and Red Storm Rising are still two of my favorite books of all time. He's up there as one of the most epic authors ever imo. And what an impact on the games industry he had.


  • 500 additional jobs for Ubisoft in Quebec

    • Izuno
    • October 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Quote from Hipshot

    It's not long before EA and Ubi stops making AAA-tiles and starts doing Candy Crush-ish. We'll probably all end up in that swamp.

    It all sounds scary. But remember, memories are short in this industry and things tend to be cyclical.

  • 500 additional jobs for Ubisoft in Quebec

    • Izuno
    • October 1, 2013 at 12:28 AM

    Yes, with the thousands of games that generate a few million $ per day you just have to be...wait...did I say thousands? Because I meant a handful.


    Still, gg Ubisoft!

  • Beyond: Two Souls

    • Izuno
    • September 25, 2013 at 6:44 AM

    I really liked Heavy Rain so I have high hopes for another fun QTE adventure thing. Everything we saw around E3 2012 looked promising.


    Then I played the, um, playable demo, at E3 2013. It was an odd section where it felt like it was trying to be Metal Gear Solid 4. Except it wasn't. And the lighting felt really off. IMO it wasn't the best level to show (mid-east urban recon/stealth with baddies around shooting. Sometimes shooting at you?) as it wasn't really clear on what to do. For example, at one point you somehow get on a truck at near the end of a stealthy section. Except it felt like and old school adventure game pixel-hunt problem. And I didn't figure it out, probably because I wasn't standing in the right spot looking the right way for a nano-second. That gets a big design facepalm imo. It's not a hard fix for a LD or scripter, so shit, maybe it will be fixed for final version as I even told the nice person from Sony about it. He said basically everyone that day at E3 had that problem with the demo.



    Anyway, I'm still overall excited for this and hope to get it, but I'm hoping my experience playing it (sure, it was only 10 minutes) was somehow not how the entire game is going to be. Because that's always the case...

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • September 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Quote from [HP]

    ... As with old GTA fashion, they don't explain how the game works too well, you have to figure out by yourself.

    Ain't that the truth.

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    Quote from knj

    Aaa I need to go to sleep cause of work tomorrow, but i love this game so much and it's really Los Angeles, at some points i can drive a car just like i would be in LA and I just only know those biggest landmarks

    and the radio stations are just great !

    Ahem... Living in Los Angeles I can tell you they got it right. So much of the architecture, layout is exactly what I know from Santa Monica, Century City, Hollywood, etc. etc. etc. Except it is all condensed but hey it's a game so it works. Bravo on that front.

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

    ty, Thrik.

  • GTA V

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    There, got both my 360 and PS3 copies, and tomorrow off~~~weeeeee


    If you had to pick just one, would you go 360 or PS3? Keep in mind:


    - I like both consoles just fine and am no fanboy of either

    - My HD space on both (for installation) is a little low but I am willing to make room

  • SUPERHOT

    • Izuno
    • September 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM

    That was genuinely cool. About 60 seconds in I got a big smile on my face. Difficulty scaled appropriately, at least in a demo. Otherwise, the actual gameplay was very satisfying. When something is fun and addictive with only basic placeholder graphics you've got something special on your hands.


    +

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • September 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    Quote from Dark

    I feel the exact same way. I could care less about the future stuff/templar story. I want the fantasy of PIRATELAND, hehe. I kinda wish they just made that game ya know.

    I feel the exact same way that Dark feels about the exact same way as Thrik.


    #mindblown

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • September 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

    Thrik, I was just going to post that. Um...that looks pretty nifty!

  • Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

    • Izuno
    • September 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    Quote from onji

    Horror done properly.


    This.

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • September 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    I know it's absurd. But at this point I don't think I'd want it any other way. Bring it on...I'll play that shit. This is why video games are awesome. You can have dogs bite helicopter pilots in the neck!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!

    yeah, I mean, I can dig it. but when you see some of the awesome art that went into this, and the writing isn't SOOOO awful (ok it's corny, but i can dig it), it's a shame to see them just veer right off into CRAZYTOWN. then again, we'll see when this formula stops working for them. let the games begin!


    IMO you have to judge the craziness of it in context of the game. Think of it this way...there were likely be moments in the Ghosts campaign where most people will say "okay, I accept that as plausible and makes sense." So the transition from [THAT] to [DOG BITE PILOT SEQUENCE] is where the craziness of it gets established.


    Now if the dogs had flamethrowers and lasers...

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • September 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    *heavily armored dog leaps twenty feet in the air to bite helicopter pilot in the neck*

    I know it's absurd. But at this point I don't think I'd want it any other way. Bring it on...I'll play that shit. This is why video games are awesome. You can have dogs bite helicopter pilots in the neck!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!

  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist

    • Izuno
    • September 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

    Feedback here has convinced me to just buy this game. I used to LOVE splinter cell. After playing recent games with "stealth-lite" such as Tomb Raider and Last of Us (both of which I also loved greatly) I just need some serious stealth action gadget goodness.


    Copy comes today in the mail. Fingers crossed.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™