1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • January 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    Might get one of those myself. How long have you had it? I've bought two of the same kind of HDMI switch over the years and each one died after like a year, pissed me off.


    Yikes. The one I got wasn't too expensive but only had it since Nov when PS4/XB1 arrived. Hopefully this one will last longer than yours did. Right now it's primarily a PS3/PS4 switchbox, but soon I hope to turn on the XB1 and actually use it again.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • January 22, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    Quote from Nerve


    Are you using a receiver, or just plugging it directly to the TV? have you tried another HDMI port?


    Yep, I tried that. It's plugged directly in to the TV.


    I did a bit of investigating online and apparently it's down to the way certain TVs handle the HDCP handshake to verify the connection from HDMI. Some can display a black/blank screen whereas others can display a quick green flash. Lots of people seem to have the same thing, even with different devices and it was quite common on the PS3 too. I tried it on a different TV and it displayed fine, so that confirmed it wasn't an issue with the console at least.


    This solved a lot of HDMI problems for me (PS3, PS4 and XB1 all hooked up to one TV with ONE crappy HDMI port). Your results may vary, of course.


    [Blocked Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Lj4leggwL._SL1500_.jpg]

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    wait that doesn't surprise you does it?

    This.

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • January 16, 2014 at 5:48 AM

    i'm curious about which system and digital vs. boxed editions people are interested in most. I definitely want for PS4.

  • How to tell someone they aren't good enough

    • Izuno
    • January 7, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    Quote from Buddy

    I'd take 10 noobs that are willing to learn over a douche pro.


    This.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • December 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    Got one from work.


    Unfortunately there aren't any heavy-hitting launch titles, but I'm anticipating some great games in the futurez! Also, thank God I don't have to navigate that piece of shit interface in the xbone...

    I got one from Sony.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • December 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM

    Said in the Now playing thread but...


    Tried out AC4 on my Vita....via the PS4 system link. Impressive how well it works.. Though not as good as a real dual shock controller it is still great. I can play AC4 whilst in bed. Or while using the restroom. And you can turn on your PS4 remotely with the Vita (from PS4 standby mode).


    I've only tested this in my house over wifi but I will try it at another location with strong wifi and see how it goes...

  • What are you playing now?

    • Izuno
    • December 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

    Just played AC IV Black Flag on my PS Vita through PS4 remote play. The PS4 was in one room while I lay in bed playing on the Vita. Shocked at how well this worked.

  • Ryse - A not-so-exclusive XBOX One title by Crytek

    • Izuno
    • November 20, 2013 at 5:28 AM

    I admit I'm hoping this turns out to be a really good game. Now I just have to decide to get an Xbox One which for all my PS4 love I think I will get anyway.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • November 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

    Eh...maybe someone paid the guy to do that to try to create a viral video?


    Best thing is just to ignore it.

  • Announcing my new game - Solus - Survival/Exploration - Unreal Engine 4

    • Izuno
    • November 18, 2013 at 5:26 AM

    Eh...needs more Call of Dog.


    j/k. Seriously, very impressive so far!

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • November 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM

    I have this small stack of PS4 games...I just need my console to show up via FedEx.

  • Playstation 4

    • Izuno
    • November 15, 2013 at 6:07 AM

    But this...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o#t=23

  • Heroes of the Storm

    • Izuno
    • November 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

    I have done about a dozen projects in the last two years on this from really small "what is MOBA or ARTS or whatever" projects to "we are building a MOBA...help us understand why our alpha testers are telling us it sucks and we will be roadkill against the established games out there" to "Hi I'm an investor. Should I invest in MOOBLAH? My son plays Angry Birds on my iPad so that must mean no one on earth plays on any game on a PC anymore, right?"


    So a few things we've learned:


    1) We like "MOBA" as the name of the genre. Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. Action-RTS is nice but we just flipped a coin and decided on MOBA for all our forecast, tracking and segmentation intelligence products our customers buy. Everyone shrugs


    2) We put MOBA under the Strategy category. Is that right? Meh, right enough and it's just easier to think "MOBA is a type of strategy game" even if that's not exactly right from everyone's perspective.


    3) LoL is still (as of now) the biggest game in terms of number of worldwide players. DOTA 2 is fast gaining and really gaining outside of Asia where Valve is strongest. In other words, it's a two giants and a bunch of smaller players. LoL + DOTA 2 = roughly 95% of the PC MOBA space right now in terms of hours played. But LoL is still friggin huge in China thanks to Tencent.


    4) Everyone is asking us if Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm will stand a chance against LoL and DOTA 2. The answer is: yes. It will get marketshare. It will cannibalize more than it will grow the MOBA genre. MOBA, like MMO before it, is going to hit saturation and there WILL be some genre burnout. However we can't simply say that because WoW caused a lot of subscription MMO burnout that LOL/DOTA 2 will do the same and in exactly the same way.


    tl;dr version:

    just because you are building a MOBA does not mean you can print the $$$. Blizzard has about the best chance of anyone to successfully enter the market but MOBA is a grind like MMOs and F2P is not a cure for printing money despite what you may have heard.

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • November 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

    I feel like every year Madden and FIFA are more of the same...yet people buy them. I view CoD the same way. No offense to our IW and Treyarch friends here. I like my CoD cause I don't have to think too much. I just load up, shoot people, enjoy some explosions and stuff...play some MP and move on. I save my gaming critical thinking for other games. Thus CoD fulfills a need.


    Plus Costco has it for $50 here for PS3 and then I can upgrade (wait, right?) to PS4 for $10.

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • October 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM

    They should just do a new series of open world (er..open sea?) pirate games called "Black Flag" and call it a day. Dump the animandingdonglius of course.


    "Black Flag"

    "Black Flag 2"

    "Black Flag 3"

    "Black Flag 4: Modern Piracy"

    "Black Flag: World at Sea"

    "Black Flag: Modern Piracy 2"

    "Black Flag: Yarrr Ops"

    "Black Flag: Modern Piracy 3"

    "Black Flag: Yarrr Ops II"

    "Black Flag: Krakens"

    and so forth...

  • Command and Conquer: Free to Play

    • Izuno
    • October 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

    I met the Studio GM last year at a holiday party and while said person was talking about how to make it successful as F2P I kept thinking: "Don't"

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • October 29, 2013 at 6:13 AM

    Ok...so they have a new co-op standoff mode a la Zombies. Are aliens that much more outlandish than zombies? I would judge it on how well they actually execute it, less so the concept.


    That said, zombie theme has been hot for a while and there was a tongue in cheek feel to the idea of a CoD Zombies mode in Black Ops which felt kind of light...very much in line with how the rest of MW3 and BO2 had been marketed. But the tone of that video was more serious. It didn't feel off to me...it just felt like they decided to be different which can be a good thing.


    BTW: General rule of zombies is either really fucking scary or fucking hilarious. There is no successful middle ground. (prove me wrong, interwebs)


    <waits for proof of why I'm wrong in 3...2...1...>

  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

    • Izuno
    • October 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM

    If they'd just get rid of the abacadubsabuacus thing.


    EDIT:


    wait am I confusing the name of the DNA memory thing in the games? I had "Abacus" in my mind...but that's an ancient counting/mathematics tool. <sigh>


    EDIT 2:


    "Animus"


    If they'd just rid of the animcumadumdinglydonglius-imus thing.

  • Killzone: Shadow Fall

    • Izuno
    • October 23, 2013 at 5:22 AM

    Meanwhile, Killzone: Mercenary on Vita is pretty satisfying...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™