1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • The Last of Us

    • Izuno
    • February 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    Quote from (HP)


    Quote

    Yup, was just waiting for it. Figured It'd be fairly odd if it didn't address that there.


    Yep, at the same time it was extremely predictable.


    Tho I didn't expect

    Quote

    the young girl/girl love angle

    when I downloaded it but once

    Quote

    they got in the mall

    I started to sense

    Quote

    the strong sexual tension between Ellie and Riley.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 21, 2014 at 7:16 AM

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM

    I think it would be cool to have a mode where a Titan (or Titans) are required to unlock or open or destroy or advance or etc. something. Think Wolfy ET or Team Fortress or even some DoD maps over the years as minor examples. Clearly the epilogue sections of each Titanfall match already add a big element of Drama-Flavorbraughten™. I realize the beta only had a small number of modes so maybe you have something like that in the works for the March release or down the road.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 20, 2014 at 6:55 AM

    My final analysis of the beta:


    1) The gameplay is fairly simple but has nuances...as the saying goes "easy to learn but hard to master." I like 'simpler' games with tons of subtle depth and Titanfall delivered (at least that's my impression from the beta).


    2) It is familiar to anyone who has played MP shooters, yet definitely has something fresh about it.


    3) ...#2 said another way, It's derivative. But that's good. Mechs aren't new. Wall running and double jumping have been done. Cloaking has been done. AI grunts (wait have MP shooters done that?) are what we play against in SP games all the time...so it's been done. Perks and leveling have been done (CoD 4!). What has not been done is the way it all comes together.


    Thus, I'm sold. Congrats, Respawn. Can't wait for March 11.

  • Irrational Games shuts down

    • Izuno
    • February 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM

    1) I cannot believe they had 200 people full time for that long. It just doesn't add up. You really need full time equivalents for # of months to come up with an average monthly burn.


    2) $100 million in marketing just seems impossible. I've gone through reported media spending data for US and Europe, and while fraught with error, $100 million in worldwide marketing is just not conceivable. In going through Take 2's public filings over the last several quarters I just don't see how this is possible either.


    3) I remember Ken Levine refuting the $200 million dev cost, such as reported here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-cos…nfinite-budget/


    However, the game was delayed a lot, and no doubt the total all in cost was probably high but we just don't know exactly how the accounting worked so by some logic one might argue the cost of the game at $200 million. I have never met Ken but I really feel like there is more to this and I am guessing there is a lot more he can't say especially since Take 2 is publicly traded and he's obviously under NDA. It's pretty sad but it does sound like they are at least trying to help the impacted employees.


    Sucks, but I hope good things will come out of this and other game developers looking for quality, experienced people can hire the people let go.

  • The Order 1886

    • Izuno
    • February 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    Quote from ChopperDave

    We're working on it guys, we're working on it.

    Good to know. And I really mean it that the art direction is awesome. Stunning even so kudos to Ready at Dawn for that. Can't wait to see more of this and how that gameplay fleshes out. Good luck.

  • The Order 1886

    • Izuno
    • February 18, 2014 at 6:11 PM

    I saw it at Sony's 2014 preview event in Santa Monica last week. Basically it looks very pretty but they showed maybe 2 minutes of gamplay mixed in with cutscenes. The art direction is awesome, the voice acting is great, the story concept sounds solid enough and makes me interested.


    The gameplay, however, was not fully baked in the demo I watched. I kept thinking "it has next gen art but legacy gameplay. Seriously?" I have a wait and see feeling for this because of that. :-|

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    On seeing some screenshots on eurogamer, the xbox hud doesn't look anything like on PC.


    Just searched and found another site, guess the eurogamer shots were from an old expo build or something as here they look the same: http://wccftech.com/titanfall-beta…c-max-settings/

    Duly noted!!

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 18, 2014 at 6:07 AM

    Been playing on Xbone still...only had time to get to lvl 5 so far (lousy kids!) but...


    1) HUD hasn't bothered me. I kinda like it and somehow find it immersive. Dunno just me.


    2) Bravo on the AI grunts. Honestly I feel you could do a lot of story-MP blending with them which I'm hoping is in the works. This is a very vague statement, I know, but they way you guys did it feels just right.


    3) I love the wall jumping, double jumping, double rainbows and triple completes!


    4) Regarding the Hardpoint mode, any chance at some old school push maps? I am biased due to my Day of Defeat level design heritage but I really miss them and I just don't have that much gaming time these days so I'm not playing that or TF2 etc. much anymore. Any chance TF will have some maps like that at some point? Pls? I'll buy it in the DLC! :)

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM

    I am really liking this a lot though I only have had time to play for about 30 minutes online once I did the training levels. As for lag or server issues, I am playing on Xbone and didn't have any problems last night.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • February 14, 2014 at 6:48 AM
    Quote from Pampers

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yKKLbkf.png]

    Puberty hits hard

    Wonder how often his voice will crack.

  • Broforce

    • Izuno
    • February 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

    Bro-ner.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • February 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

    I signed up fine...for Xbox One.


    (runs. hides.)

  • Well what do you know! The Sequel!

    • Izuno
    • February 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM

    Great to hear. I have 2 girls. Thankfully my wife had no objections to my mancaving part of the garage, plus mancave II in my home office.


    My advice: get a mancave if you don't have one.

  • Flappy Octopus, Flappy Jellfish, Flappy Whale, Flappy Fish, Flappy Wings

    • Izuno
    • February 8, 2014 at 10:28 PM

    I think what Thrik said is spot on. Meanwhile my high score is 1. I gave up after that. Boring.

  • Does this mean it is for real?

    • Izuno
    • February 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM

    A few thoughts...


    1) Unless I am mistaken, aren't most residential broadband connections in the US via cable? (Ie, not phone lines/DSL) Assuming that is true, the cable operators (Verizon, ATT, Comcast, Time Warner etc.) are the ISPs. Right?


    2) Don't the big ISPs in #1 literally own those residential cable lines (and many commercial too) that connect said residences to the internet backbone?


    3) Most population centers in the US feature very few choices for cable companies (ie, ISPs) so it's mostly monopolies or duopolies.


    4) Don't "small" ISPs have to lease capacity on cable lines that are owned by the big companies in #1?


    5) So aren't the big ISPs in control anyway?


    6) Now what? Or is this logic complete bullshit?


    Anyway, I am very curious how in the near term this could impact big online games (LoL, Dota 2, every big console shooter, etc. etc.) "Oh you want to try out that new Titanfall game? You can get a 5000 ms ping for free, 50 ms ping for just $5/month or a 15 ms ping for $20/month."


    I'm not sure I see that coming, but you know there are suits in rooms trying to figure out how to make that happen.

  • Does this mean it is for real?

    • Izuno
    • February 5, 2014 at 10:42 PM

    I saw HP and Mo (from Respawn) post this elsewhere. Um...really?


    http://davesblog.com/blog/2014/02/0…gainst-netflix/

    [Blocked Image: http://davesblog.com/images/verizon_fail.png]

  • Codies humble bundle

    • Izuno
    • February 4, 2014 at 8:28 PM

    https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly


    Go!


    Dirt 3!? TYVM


    Overlord games were underrated imo.

  • 24 - Live another day

    • Izuno
    • February 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM

    I just hope they bring back all the product placements.


    "I can't hack that, it's Cisco router." and such.

  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

    • Izuno
    • January 26, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    Quote from 2d-chris

    looks great, defo interested in this, never been a big fan of the Assassins creed game play, but this being one of my favorite lores might just convince me


    I tired AC and AC II...just wasn't for me so I bailed on all the rest of the games. However, the setting for AC IV brought me back and after being patient with it I'm finding I like it more and more.


    As for this LotR Mordor game...well, it really does feel like Mordor Creed or Assassin's Mordor based on what I've seen, but actually that has me more interested in this now, especially since I'm not a hard core LotR fan but just a fan of the movies. In other words, I couldn't give to shits about the inevitable nitpicking that's going to go on around this game.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™