1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM

    The kickstarter money is a rounding error of all the money invested in it.

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    Hasn't FB stock practically been on a descending arc since it's debut?Anyway, this is definitely the most unexpected acquisition in tech history I guess. Now prepare for the annoying bloat of articles speculating a first-person exploration of your friend network when this is probably just an investment to secure the tech.


    Nope:

    https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=…U7DyKNPgsQemgwE

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 11:26 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    Fake money, aka facebook shares. Don't think the company has actually turned a profit yet

    facebook makes a profit.


    https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:FB&fstype=ii


    Facebook has been getting more profitable each quarter. Diluted EPS has gone from $.03/share to $.20/share in a year.


    colour me surprised. Would of thought it would be like amazon tbh, turn a loss for the first 7 years. It's what most internet companies do, no matter how successful.


    FB was founded in 2004. It grew on investment dollars that drove up its valuation. It didn't start making any kind of revenues until years in, and then when it went public its profitability was very small (relative to its market cap). So you are correct. In the end it probably waited the right amount of time before going public whereas other internet companies often go public to early.


    Meanwhile, get the popcorn.

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    Quote from cincinnati

    Fake money, aka facebook shares. Don't think the company has actually turned a profit yet

    facebook makes a profit.


    https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:FB&fstype=ii


    Facebook has been getting more profitable each quarter. Diluted EPS has gone from $.03/share to $.20/share in a year.

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    I wonder what FB want to do with this exactly? Can I view my FB wall in full 3D? Fuck it really is taking over now.


    The intention is way beyond gaming. In fact, the gaming aspect of it was probably a rounding error in the analysis inside FB that resulted in the buy decision.

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    Quote from AlexM

    It's actually 400 million in cash. Rest is stock.

    True. And that stock isn't exactly worthless.

  • Facebook eats at the Occulus Rift, leaves $2b tip

    • Izuno
    • March 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM

    Er....i'm seeing this all over.


    http://kotaku.com/facebook-buys-…lion-1551487939

    http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-to-bu…-billion-2014-3

    http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5547…s-for-2-billion


    etc.


    Uh...it's worth $2 billion? Guess it is to FB...

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM

    "We have all the top brands: Sorny, Magnetbox, Titanfail, Panaphonics. This one has durable outer casing to prevent fall-apart."


    [Blocked Image: http://sprudge.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_kzgp33zF901qz4gpro1_500.jpg]

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Speaking of PS4:


    http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5526…nt-be-microsoft


    Doubt anyone would be surprised if that turns out true


    Glad to see it. There is so much speculation out there but for reasons unrelated to the work Respawn did there are only so many copies TF can sell right now on XB1 due to the relatively small hardware install base and the fact that it is still an expensive option as I was saying earlier. I expect adding PS platforms will pave a much brighter future for TF compared to staying MS/PC exclusive.


    In the end, we have to trust in RS to do what's best for the game and keep control of the IP...such as being adamant about no microtransactions in Titanfall (seriously...bravo for that) and sticking with buy the game, buy the optional DLC map packs if you want.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM

    http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/03…l-for-xbox-360/


    So...Xbox 360 version delayed until April 8 (Apr 11 outside US). Today is March 19 and the original Xbox 360 release date was set for March 25. So the Xbox 360 version was not gold already? Or are they talking about last minute server side fixes?


    From the article:

    Quote

    “I’ve been playing the game a lot, and it is fantastic,” EA executive Patrick Soderlund wrote in a blog post. ”But we see a few things that can be made even better, so we’re giving Bluepoint a little more time to do just that and deliver an epic ‘Titanfall’ experience for Xbox 360 players.”


    Is it possible that initial sales on Xbox One are not as strong as EA and Microsoft were hoping for so they are pushing out the 360 release to hopefully sell more Xbox One consoles? There, I said it. Don't get me wrong, I've been playing it a lot on Xbox One and am loving it. Remember, Titanfall is supposed to be the first big game that really pushes XBO.


    An issue with the Titanfall / XBO hardware bundle is that while it is a "deal" at US$499 for the console+TF it is a digital download code for Titanfall. No box. No disc. Sounds great and efficient but of the 5 different Gamestops I've spoken with (all in different parts of US) store managers all said the same thing: people want their disc esp. for a roughly 50 gb game. Further, they also said that the price of the console is just too much so they are waiting for it on 360 as a relatively cheap option to play it (excluding the obvious yet Origin PC option).


    tl;dr: it's a great game but it is still beholden to market dynamics and issues with EA and Microsoft. Hopefully it will all work out.

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM

    Ermm....is anyone else besides me playing this on Xbone? Current rig (laptop) is not powerful enough. I'm due for massive PC upgrade in a month or two but couldn't wait to play TF so I Xboned it.


    Anyone...?

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM

    Bad timing?

    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-…e/1100-6418246/

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • March 10, 2014 at 6:33 PM

    My copy shipped! Alas for Xbox One...but hey at least I'll get to play it (by tomorrow I hope).


    Now just need to beat Stick of Truth before then.

  • Batman: Arkham Knight

    • Izuno
    • March 9, 2014 at 9:41 PM

    Played 1st 2 games but I skipped Origins. Arkham Knight sounds like total FAP right now and a must buy for me.

  • South Park: The Stick of Truth

    • Izuno
    • March 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM

    I've played it for about 45 minutes. So far I'm very impressed as a long time fan of the show. I really hope they have Butters playing some Hello Kitty Island Adventure mini-games.

  • Uncharted 4

    • Izuno
    • March 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    ................................................................................... crunch hard).


    This.

  • South Park: The Stick of Truth

    • Izuno
    • March 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM

    I own about 10 seasons of South Park on iTunes and in general I consider myself a devoted fan of the show. I feel obliged to get this but I'm not really a turn based RPG kind of gamer...


    ...oh well.

  • Dishonored 2!

    • Izuno
    • March 4, 2014 at 5:44 AM

    This is the kind of news I like to hear. I hope development goes well. Good luck.

  • Sprony and the Pendulum

    • Izuno
    • February 26, 2014 at 6:53 PM

    Sprony: you are a baller.

  • Godzilla (2014)

    • Izuno
    • February 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM

    I hope it's Cranstastic and not craptastic.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™