1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 14, 2014 at 12:09 AM
    Quote from knj

    how was it man ?


    Exceeded my expectations. So basically you have an open world type stealth/action game...what they showed was Afghanistan. So it basically felt like Red Dead Redemption...you even have a horse. HOWEVERS...you can fulton just about anything. Those things end up back at your mother base, even the people you knock out. They become resources that you can "spend/utilize" for upgrades and etc. Sure, it had that metal gear feel to it which I know feels "Japanese arcade-y" but it sure did smack of Kojima's desire for humor in the game. Your mother base is basically a platform in the ocean that you upgrade and grow over time. It's like a growing level in itself....which can be attacked and your defenses will respond, including other NPC friendlies. I really liked that idea...a lot.


    Otherwise the gameplay itself is like what is in Ground Zeroes though they claim the world in Phantom Pain is 200x larger.


    Still unsure about Keifererthfer (no offense, I love 24) as Snake but eh the more I hear of him in the role the more I am fine with him.


    As for the story, it's Metal Gear....so I'm feeling a bit like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://brutalgamer.com/wp-content/upl…en_confused.jpg]


    About fulton system:

    ( http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Fulton_su…recovery_system )

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM

    Ok about to do the MGS5 dog/pony.

    My body is ready.

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 12, 2014 at 7:09 AM

    1) Saw the Batman Arkham Knight demo...as a fan I felt serviced. At the end I felt like shouting "take my money, please"


    2) Witcher 3...oh man looks good ever more so after watching at Warner booth.


    3) Played a bunch of stuff at the Nintendo booth. Splatoon was oddly fun but is it worth a whole game?


    4) Smashbros DS. Yes, but I don't play 3DS games.


    5) Mario Maker. About f'ing time!


    6) Evolve. Played it. Man is it fun. Really...just damn fun.


    7) Bordlands Pre Sequel - it's borderlandsier. I'm a fan. Low G is their answer to mech suit jumping. But with that Borderlandsian humor/v.o. Personally, it will likely have my money.


    8 ) CoD AW: it's a CoD game for sure. With mechsuits!


    9) Destiny. ........................put this way I'm probably going to see it in the next couple weeks at Activision in their "clean room" for PR/press/analyst/etc. demos. Or so they tell me. Maybe I'm dumb but from watching it at E3 I don't get the game yet. I get the awesomeness of Bungie's ability to create a universe and all, but I need to get up close with this thing. I'm sellable but just not sold yet. (Waiting to be proven soooooo wrong.)


    10) Playstation TV. Definitley interesting if it works. Not so sure about how it fits with my PS3/PS4/vita yet (haven't reviewed all the features yet) but I'm cautiously optimistic.


    11) Killzone DLC ... 4 player coop. Killzone fans: this looked really cool. And it's got IR:

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/pVT0WaL.jpg]


    That's two years in a row he was demoing Killzone Shadowfall!


    12) Wargaming.net: no new games to announce but they are making so much money (mostly on PC, mind you) that they had a balls out massive booth again.


    13) MGS V...saw a little inside the booth but not getting the big dog/pony show until tomorrow. This may be the first MGS I actually attempt to finish.


    14) AC: Unity. Saw it up close. Didn't play. I'm not really that big a fan of the series but those of you who are should be pleased.


    15) Speaking of AC, LotR Shadow of Mordor is more impressive than I was expecting.


    16) LoZelda for WiiU was fucking stunning. Wow.


    17) ...and Hyrule Warriors, must admit I didn't know about this until Tuesday. Hilariously makes sense now that I saw it up close.

    [Blocked Image: http://zeldawiki.org/images/e/e3/HW_Link_Slash_2.png]


    ...and I'm spent. Might take the Nikon tomorrow to take some "real" photos...so...tired...must...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


    PS...I have some themes for the show which I will try to post Thurs night. One is sooooo hipster.

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Rainbow Six Siege looks dope (Go Team Havoc)!

    AC Unity: first look was great but I'm afraid that cheesy AI behaviors and dialogues will ruin the immersion for me.

    No Man's Sky is looking more and more impressive - pretty much to the point of disbelief considering that this is such a small studio developing it. I'm still trying to find out what exactly the gameplay is going to be though...


    On R6 Siege...I didn't realize at first that it was a recording of people playing the game, not ingame voice over simulating what a hostage rescue scenario would be like. IOW, my first reaction to the VO was "WTF this is way to casual. Kinda like The Division." But then it made more sense that it was the voices of gamers playing the games and Ubisoft wanted you to get that. Except they were a little to formal. Arg, tough to get that right.


    tl;dr: looks sweet.

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    Quote from (HP)

    Oh absolutely, it's hard to beat the last one. But right now, it gave me just a little extra glimpse of what MGSV is going to be, it's a good spoiler safe trailer (for the most part) with an awesome music and camera cut. Shame we don't have a release date yet, but it looks to me this might very well be the best MGS ever man

    This.

    MGS has always been a series u love or u just don't see the point. Once u get it it hooks you despite Kojima-san's eccentricity. His trailers work the same way. Coming 1984. What balls. Love it.

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM

    Common' DICE, don't let me down!

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2014 at 7:59 PM

    Best part was the use of the word "minge."

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM

    Oh...meanwhile any of you showing product at the, er, show? I have a ton of meetings but built in roam-floor time so let me know and I'll come visit.


    Otherwise happy to do any meetups when possible.

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM

    Yeah the MSFT conference didn't excite me terribly. Though I don't expect many people to be wowed by everything shown. Clearly they got the message to talk about games games and nothing but games. And btw, "thank you for your feedback." LOL

    Meanwhile, I'm less excited about Sunset Overdrive now. Maybe I'm totally wrong on this but I dunno. What else:


    - Halo love for the fans.

    - Advanced Warfare had no Kevin Spacey.

    - Capcom has a sense of humor

    - Platinum games bringing you big monster battles a la all their recent games...except scale armor.

    - The Division...same casual female in-game sidekick. "Hey I'm getting shot. It would be cool if you guys took them out." (not an actual quote...just paraphrasing the tone). Meanwhile I'm not really into the vfx in Ubisoft games with how it gives you all the meta information. It fits better in this but I've always felt it a little weird in Assassin's Creed.

    - Speaking of AC, AC Unity setting is interesting to me cause wtf we haven't had much gaming in French revolution period. 4 player coop? Sure, sounds great except I never play that but good for the series

    - I'm up for another Tomb Raider game after the recent reboot. Sign me up!

    - Evolve looks interesting but I think it will be relatively niche even if it does a great job at what it offers. There are only so many gamers up for that

    - Wait no BF shown? I did like how sunset overdrive poked a lot of fun at crate cover shooters and soldier gameplay

    - Dragon Age Inquisition, a potentially excellent sequel in an excellent series I have yet to touch


    Eh...tired of typing...on to next conference...zzzz....

  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM

    Thanks, Mikey. I used the term "Joy Puke" in a meeting last week and got that "wtf who are you" look from completely respectable suits.


    Meanwhile, I'm a sucker for another Borderalands game. Fun trailer:


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • FIFA World Cup 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM

    Damn, USA is going to dominate its pool. There's not a single team that will pose any challenge to it. First off, Germany-


    [Blocked Image: http://www.nkayesel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/oh-fuck.gif]

  • FIFA World Cup 2014

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM

    USA is going to definitely....


    ....participate in the 2014 world cup.

  • Happy Birthday Thrik!

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    Quote from Pampers

    gz!


    where is Thrik anyway? hasn't been active for a long time now (serveral days).

    Got pissed at some pre-birthday drink-a-thon?


    Anyway, HB Thrikanator!

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • June 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM

    I'm only in book 2 of the...uh...books...so I didn't know which way the

    Quote

    trial by combat

    was going to go. This may have been the most devastating episode yet for me as a viewer because

    Quote

    i thought that, uh...the character...who was brutally destroyed last night had so much interesting potential. From watching it did look like his, uh...opponent...also died except he died second. So bravo for his initial victory but let this be a lesson to never, ever monologue when you think you've defeated your enemy. Finish the job and GTFO!

    [Blocked Image: http://mimg.ugo.com/201104/7/4/8/186847/cuts/incredibles-15_480_poster.jpg]

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • Izuno
    • May 29, 2014 at 7:46 PM

    I'm still playing on Xbone. I have to admit matchmaking got pretty rough for a while when (to me) it felt like every match was totally lopsided in terms of vets vs. noobs balance but in the last couple weeks I've noticed it seems to be better. Keep up the good work, Respawn... MP balance is always harder than it looks.

  • Godzilla (2014)

    • Izuno
    • May 24, 2014 at 6:19 AM

    Breaking Godzilla

  • Batman: Arkham Knight

    • Izuno
    • May 21, 2014 at 5:50 PM

    INSERT GAME DVD INTO MY BODY NOW.

  • E3 2014

    • Izuno
    • May 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

    Yeah I'll be there. Book your appointments now!

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Izuno
    • May 18, 2014 at 5:40 AM

    Man...this is marketing of the year so far.


    edit:


    Reasons to believe below. Hope he's right.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Izuno
    • May 16, 2014 at 6:38 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhfgyo23nq1qbme8m.gif]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™