Quote from DDStalker looks pretty, but the gameplay in the videos looks to be very... dry. Of course it's hard to tell, but from what I saw it looks like a game where you run around until you see a monster, then you run backwards while shooting at it with a semi-automatic sniper rifle.
You will get no arguement from me on that. To date the press/consumers out there still view Stalker as a pretty tech demo, as nothing shown to date really says "wow that's good gameplay"
i am working very hard with our UK office (which is globally managing Stalker) to help turn the tide. but the game is still pre-alpha and the developer is very very very very ... very secretive about all the gameplay stuff. Believe me i'm trying, but there is only so much I can do.
I do appreciate your honest feedback and believe me, I will do whatever I can to make sure the "why it's cool" footage etc gets shown sometime before the damn thing ships.